Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So i just had a mini melt down crying and wondering why i did this to my body and if it was the right thing to do. I guess just feeling really emotional today and gettin gcaught up in the discomfort and all the suckieness that is the first few weeks post op. Anyone else felt this way? :(

Girl I just did too... It hasn't been a breeze and I'm hoping this negative feeling just dissipates after the four weeks... I had my VSG on March 13, had horrible nausea in the hp and dry heaved for the two days, cont'd to have nausea when I got home... Although I have support they are eating like All fast food around me, and I have a two yr old... It's just tough because she wants to be right there with me... And of course I got her head/chest cold... I can't find any Protein I like so far and that worries me so much... I've tried the GNC women's Protein in vanilla yuck, the New whey Protein Shots in different flavors (makes me gag because they are so syrupy even mixed with water), the Isopure, I'm just having a time... My throat hurts And I just want to gulp Water down... Please please tell me this is temporary... What am I gonna do about the protein? Anyone wanna talk me off the ledge? On the day of surgery I got down to 216.2 down from 226 on the liver reduction and gained weight from the surgery and now am 211... So that is my positive but I have to figure out this protein I don't want to lose my hair...

I was sleeved on the 13th and the pain I've had has just been with movement.... the drainage tube they put in me at the hospital was painful.... In my opinion. i was pretty nauseous and very tired after surgery. I'm 6 days post op and doing pretty good, the soreness in my tummy is gradually going away... Yay. I feel like I'm able to drink more liquids at a time then what I'm supposed to... Don't know if that's normal or not. I had a few meltdowns while in the hospital, thought to myself "What the hell was I thinking?" But now a part of me is so glad I did it. Was a long process to get here. Glad it's finally over.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

So after that long night in the hospital I would havehoped they fixed me. I feel like crap! I've thrown up twice since I've been home. I can't even hold down a couple swigs of Water. This sucks! I feel so dried out' date=' and I haven't put any nutrients in my body in days. Any advice?[/quote']

Do you have an ulcer?

Girl I just did too... It hasn't been a breeze and I'm hoping this negative feeling just dissipates after the four weeks... I had my VSG on March 13' date=' had horrible nausea in the hp and dry heaved for the two days, cont'd to have nausea when I got home... Although I have support they are eating like All fast food around me, and I have a two yr old... It's just tough because she wants to be right there with me... And of course I got her head/chest cold... I can't find any Protein I like so far and that worries me so much... I've tried the GNC women's Protein in vanilla yuck, the New Whey Protein Shots in different flavors (makes me gag because they are so syrupy even mixed with water), the Isopure, I'm just having a time... My throat hurts And I just want to gulp Water down... Please please tell me this is temporary... What am I gonna do about the protein? Anyone wanna talk me off the ledge? On the day of surgery I got down to 216.2 down from 226 on the liver reduction and gained weight from the surgery and now am 211... So that is my positive but I have to figure out this protein I don't want to lose my hair...[/quote']

It gets easier. I promise. I PROMISE!! Just take it five minutes at a time and sleep when you can. That's what I did. I just tried to sleep through the first couple weeks. Wake up to walk of course and make sure you're doing your best at fluids. I didn't have protein for a week because I caught a stomach virus a week after my surgery! Thursday is my two week mark and in eating regular food already. One day makes a huge difference. Pot helps- ALOT! Seriously. Big time. But just remember we all heal differently, take your time and just remember you HAVE to do it for your child! It's a lot easier to do something when you know there's no alternative. Walk walk, sip sip, and mark your calendar for four days from today. I PROMISE you'll feel better! You will feel like you've made progress! You can do this :-)

It gets easier. I promise. I PROMISE!! Just take it five minutes at a time and sleep when you can. That's what I did. I just tried to sleep through the first couple weeks. Wake up to walk of course and make sure you're doing your best at fluids. I didn't have Protein for a week because I caught a stomach virus a week after my surgery! Thursday is my two week mark and in eating regular food already. One day makes a huge difference. Pot helps- ALOT! Seriously. Big time. But just remember we all heal differently' date=' take your time and just remember you HAVE to do it for your child! It's a lot easier to do something when you know there's no alternative. Walk walk, sip sip, and mark your calendar for four days from today. I PROMISE you'll feel better! You will feel like you've made progress! You can do this :-)[/quote']

Thanks it's been quite a roller coaster ride... Especially since my hubby didn't want me to get the surgery in the first place... But then again he eats like a 400 lb man and looks like a body builder haha he doesn't understand my struggles... I remember feeling this way on that crazy HCG diet I did... I feel anorexic... Ugh just have to keep going.. Oh and the aches and pains in my neck back and butt!! Whew! I've been on a liquid diet for 4 weeks already... The pre-op 5 shakes a day & now this... On the upside I only have the one incision in my belly button and no drain... So I'm holding onto no scarring... But I do have tiger stripes from child birth

Girl I just did too... It hasn't been a breeze and I'm hoping this negative feeling just dissipates after the four weeks... I had my VSG on March 13' date=' had horrible nausea in the hp and dry heaved for the two days, cont'd to have nausea when I got home... Although I have support they are eating like All fast food around me, and I have a two yr old... It's just tough because she wants to be right there with me... And of course I got her head/chest cold... I can't find any Protein I like so far and that worries me so much... I've tried the GNC women's Protein in vanilla yuck, the new whey Protein Shots in different flavors (makes me gag because they are so syrupy even mixed with water), the Isopure, I'm just having a time... My throat hurts And I just want to gulp Water down... Please please tell me this is temporary... What am I gonna do about the protein? Anyone wanna talk me off the ledge? On the day of surgery I got down to 216.2 down from 226 on the liver reduction and gained weight from the surgery and now am 211... So that is my positive but I have to figure out this protein I don't want to lose my hair...[/quote']

Try Atkins Protein shakes, they're pretty good. I haven't been drinking a lot of protein or taking my Vitamins, I tried (the powdered) and they are disgusting. Ive gotta fix this asap. My surgery was also on the 13th, the day of my surgery I was 227. Try the Fuze drinks, no sugar and low calorie ones, I've been living off those things. I've also been drinking skim milk with sugar free chocolate Syrup. I have a 16 month old so I know how ya feel when it comes to that :-) but thank goodness my husband took 2 weeks off to help me! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hello New here. I had my sleeve put in march 12th in Dallas, TX. I self paid since my insurance would not cover any obesity surgeries. I spent one night in the hospital. Was regretting it right after I woke up from surgery and was in extreme pain. I know I may have been screaming some at that point. They finally had to give me a morphine pump to get even the edge off the pain. Started to feel better after medicine kicked in and was burping constantly. Walking helped too. Bile drainage bag hurt a lot to be taken out but that subsided as soon as out. Started to feel better about the surgery. Went home after one night and slept a lot and had a lot of weird dreams. Luckily I had family for the first week at home. Got full easily but can drink a lot more Water than I thought I should be able too. Went into a lot of pain the other night and finally realized that Milk of Magnesia was my best friend. My Constipation was making the surgery sites a lot more painful than they should of been. Do not let yourself get backed up or it can really hurt. Now today I feel better but surgery areas are sore and I have bruising around some of them as well. I really hope I made the right choice. liquid diet is awful. Getting sick of Protein Shakes. My doctor lets us have cream Soups when you get home after surgery so that has been a little better. My cravings for sweets are gone in fact anything sweet smelling or somewhat sweet like some of the crystal light flavors make me nauseas. Just want savory tastes right now. So now we just wait to see how things keep going. bodyweight.png?ts=1363764130

I was sleeved on the 11th. Did great for two days, then caught some kind of flu bug and had pretty bad body aches for about 3-4 days. Getting used to this new way of drinking ( sips only!!) and learning how to do it without all of the burping and gas pain. After 8 days, I finally feel like every day is a little better, although it is easy to overdo it. I am still pretty dependent on regular pain medication. If I work at my desk for a few hours, and forget my medication, then my body just shuts down and says "time for a nap!" I've also learned that the thing I need most in the morning is Water, otherwise it's pretty easy to get dehydrated. I've also learned that hiccups are the worst possible pain.

I'm looking forward to getting past all of this post-op pain and discomfort, but I have lots of great moments, too. I lose 1-2 lbs every day, and it seems that my appetites have permanently changed. Eating has become a necessary duty, like stopping for gas, but I feel like my relationship with food has truly changed for the better.

I look forward to eating soft lean Protein, like sashimi and fish.

Girl I just did too... It hasn't been a breeze and I'm hoping this negative feeling just dissipates after the four weeks... I had my VSG on March 13' date=' had horrible nausea in the hp and dry heaved for the two days, cont'd to have nausea when I got home... Although I have support they are eating like All fast food around me, and I have a two yr old... It's just tough because she wants to be right there with me... And of course I got her head/chest cold... I can't find any Protein I like so far and that worries me so much... I've tried the GNC women's Protein in vanilla yuck, the new whey Protein Shots in different flavors (makes me gag because they are so syrupy even mixed with water), the Isopure, I'm just having a time... My throat hurts And I just want to gulp Water down... Please please tell me this is temporary... What am I gonna do about the protein? Anyone wanna talk me off the ledge? On the day of surgery I got down to 216.2 down from 226 on the liver reduction and gained weight from the surgery and now am 211... So that is my positive but I have to figure out this protein I don't want to lose my hair...[/quote']

I could have wrote this myself. Sleeved on the 14th and my hosp stay was horrible. Since being home, it's gotten a little better, but it IS very easy to over do it. It still hurts when I drink. I get hiccups A LOT. Nausea gets me sometimes at night, and I stil take pain meds pretty regularly. I, too, hope it gets better.

Awkward time... I've started having yellow, foaming, burning diarrhea. I googled it, and my results referred to possible gallbladder issues. However, google doesn't know I've had surgery. Anyone else having this problem? Not sure if I'm experiencing a "normal" symptom or have a big problem on my hands. Thanks all!

Awkward time... I've started having yellow' date=' foaming, burning diarrhea. I googled it, and my results referred to possible gallbladder issues. However, google doesn't know I've had surgery. Anyone else having this problem? Not sure if I'm experiencing a "normal" symptom or have a big problem on my hands. Thanks all![/quote']

I had about two days of that- watery and awful. So far it hasn't returned.

So I just woke up an hour ago. My family is still helping so I can sleep as late as I want, and with four kids that is like a vacation all by itself lol. As suspected, I feel even better today than I did yesterday. My biggest problem is number two. I haven't pooped since before surgery! But I'm working on it :-)

The pain is bearable. I'm really just using the pain killers for my butt hole :-s

The cravings suck. But I'm making it work. Last night I grilled imitation crab meat and bacon and put a little cream cheese and peach preserves on it and ate it deservingly like a fat woman pregnant with twins. I was able to eat about three oz. joy.

You guys will make it. So will I. We are gonna be some skinny sexy healthy b*****s.

So I just woke up an hour ago. My family is still helping so I can sleep as late as I want' date=' and with four kids that is like a vacation all by itself lol. As suspected, I feel even better today than I did yesterday. My biggest problem is number two. I haven't pooped since before surgery! But I'm working on it :-)

The pain is bearable. I'm really just using the pain killers for my butt hole :-s

The cravings suck. But I'm making it work. Last night I grilled imitation crab meat and bacon and put a little cream cheese and peach preserves on it and ate it deservingly like a fat woman pregnant with twins.

How far out on you..i can't have seafood for a month :(

I was able to eat about three oz. joy.

You guys will make it. So will I. We are gonna be some skinny sexy healthy b*****s.[/quote']

Has anyone written a letter/letters to loved ones, incase something were to happen during surgery?? I am a mother of three young children and started a letter to my husband and children just explaining exactly why I am having the surgery and how much I love them and everything like that. I know that this may seem like a terrible adea to some...I almost feel like I am going into it with bad expectations, but in all reality I don't feel like that at all, I honestly feel that God knows it isnt my time to go because he knows how much I need my family and how much they need me aswell, so he wouldn't take me from this at this point in time. ok, now I just sound crazy right? haha. Well I just couldn't stand the thought of something happening to me and not having something like this for them. :unsure:

Mlecompte

I have a little Moleskin notebook where I write down everything I eat. I always have it with me. When I'm on the way to Mexico I'm going to write notes to everyone...kids, family, best friends telling them all the important things. Just in case. A bit morose, maybe, but it will help me go under anesthesia in peace. Inside the front cover it says, in case of emergency contact ****.