Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

best green superfood powder?

You probably mentioned it' date=' but what flavors do you like best......original, chocolate, or goji acai? This has perked my interest and I REALLy need a way for more veggies and fruits without the calories! I think that my non-sleeved skinny husband could use the added benefits of sleeping well also!

Thanks for all the advice you all give!

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

I have only tried the original flavor. The taste is not that great and definitely makes me think I must be a horse or cow who munches on alfalfa. However, after a squirt or two of Water flavor ( see post above), I am golden. Maybe next time I order, I will have to try out chocolate or acai. I used yo be a big fan of drinking acai juice a few years ago when it was really popular. Very refreshing.

I just ordered the regular, looking forward to trying it, thanks..

I see that you can purchase the Amazing Green Superfood capsules on Amazon. I think this might be a great option for me, since drinking my "greens" doesn't sound very appealing to me. It's about $22 for 150 capsules which is apparently a 30 day supply if you take 5 capsules daily for maximum delivery of nutrients.

I have been lacking energy lately, and looking for a low calorie approach for optimum nutrition, since I literally cannot eat enough servings of veggies and fruit daily with my sleeved stomach. I am looking for more energy and better nutrition.

Let you know how I feel once I've received the product and started my new regime!

The capsules would be much easier I suppose but I'm bad enough about taking Vitamins and medicines, so 5 capsules a day would never happen for me! LOL..just ordered the powder..

The capsules would be much easier I suppose but I'm bad enough about taking Vitamins and medicines' date=' so 5 capsules a day would never happen for me! LOL..just ordered the powder..[/quote']

I mostly do powder now, works out fairly well with the blender bottles. Easier to shake it up then a Protein shake. Do this every morning. Love the energy from it. I also have some green capsules I bought from Trader Joes that I try and take if I remember in the evening. However, I am really bad at remembering to take my supplements if I do not take everything in the morning.

A drink can have teaspoon, tablespoon, 1/2,1,2,3, as you like, the liquid state its in makes it so it goes quickly into action, added to that you can mix it with numerous things, Protein drink, blenderized greens and veg's, other superfood, goji, almonds, what have you, add sweetner, agava Syrup, a cacoa product and then its taste is better as well.

You would need 6,12,18 capsules to duplicate this at one time. Sorry, I know the taste bugs people, I feel I am set with what I like though the way i do things now.

Just my thinking on it, I am doubting the pills are super duper charged in comparison or something.

heres one I liked as alternatives for thought, http://www.dragonherbs.com/prodinfo.asp?number=686

the site has loads of elixors and extracts, pills, base chinese herbal stuff, not all are my interest, I recently started using Chinese herbals Astragalus Root and India's Gotu Kola finding good results.

A drink can have teaspoon' date=' tablespoon, 1/2,1,2,3, as you like, the liquid state its in makes it so it goes quickly into action, added to that you can mix it with numerous things, Protein drink, blenderized greens and veg's, other superfood, goji, almonds, what have you, add sweetner, agava Syrup, a cacoa product and then its taste is better as well.

You would need 6,12,18 capsules to duplicate this at one time. Sorry, I know the taste bugs people, I feel I am set with what I like though the way i do things now.

Just my thinking on it, I am doubting the pills are super duper charged in comparison or something.

heres one I liked as alternatives for thought, http://www.dragonherbs.com/prodinfo.asp?number=686

the site has loads of elixors and extracts, pills, base chinese herbal stuff, not all are my interest, I recently started using Chinese herbals Astragalus Root and India's Gotu Kola finding good results.

What benefits are you deriving from the Chinese and Indian herbs if I may ask? Not very familiar with those.

Hey Fiddleman,

Astrtagalus a immunity booster, vitality giver, is good for the liver and kidneys, it taughts even more balance in adding cleansing and then help enhance function, Gotu Kola is something that creates better blood flow and is said to create better circulation molecular and with nervous system. Adding Chinese herbs or India's blends herbs can help balance and nutrilize systems in areas that are needed when comsuming other high nutrient resources and superfoods, some same and similar effects and but some that are said to regulate whats needed extra. When burning the high nutrient or Proteins some added things and herbs can balance, you may get a very high extreme energy or a slaggy after after efect and the correct element food source herb or what have you can keep that better in check.

I'll get a few links and toss them up if I can find best how to discribe any of that, it's a process just to learn theoretically what the ancients in China suggest these herbals do for you, it involves Ying and Yang, Wu, physical energies and nero energies and then mental stamina and energy plus overall health, they suggest going into the use of some may reverse aging, grow your hair, cold cures, allergy relief, skin health, but further even disease and healing it goes on and on, mixed up bags of tricks that give you better physical and mental ability, BUT, the big thing for us may be that in science they specify better these things that stand out in superfood and new ideals for nutrition and better function. 2000 to now verses Dow principle and ancient medicine, we Americans as simply now enjoy the ins and outs presented by science and food gurus etc.., The information is semi scarce at times to me but more and more come up, that is other than books from 50's through 90's with solid info of that time.

http://www.starwest-botanicals.com/product/2-astragulus-root-extract-organic.html

http://www.starwest-botanicals.com/product/2-gotu-kola-herb-extract-organic.html

directions for these are 10 to 20 drops several times a day, I do this in warm Soup, blender drink, Protein drink.

I think its a great thing, its new for me as well, having read before and now trying some things alike it.I feel better from especially astragalus and use it once or twice a day, bottle has lasted 3 weeks at one ounce so far but can't stretch to 4, need one to two ounces per month on what I am doing. Gotu Kola revs the engine much and gives that mental acuity a bit, so I use mostly once or less drops and twice.

about videos and links, I'll still maybe look for one or two, but the information you'll get searching the net depends on who is presenting and depth to that from them and on concept angle toward topic and then again who it is telling you, I'll look some more.

sorry, did I high jack thread, ahh, again ?? :rolleyes:

JKG- thanks for sharing!! I definitely need to read up on chinese and Indian approaches to health. I like to keep an open mind about things, always wanting to learn new approaches. They might really be helpful!!

Thanks Fiddleman, you seem to like the stuff I show you, as for expense, yes, I do spend some extra bucks but no I never get everything I want and I am only buying whats affordably better for myself to match needs and new found know how, remember, these are foods too, have some calories, they offer what you may not need consume otherwise, very interesting to me though and an addictive thing, once you feel a boost in energy and calming for your health you get into it most, perhaps I am super sensative, perhaps I just am doing it right adding up together a better and better start on it all after some time and for a healthier way to living.

Edit: took off videos, they are messy aray of what was intended.

Edited by JKG

Thanks Fiddleman' date=' you seem to like the stuff I show you, as for expense, yes, I do spend some extra bucks but no I never get everything I want and I am only buying whats affordably better for myself to match needs and new found know how, remember, these are foods too, have some calories, they offer what you may not need consume otherwise, very interesting to me though and an addictive thing, once you feel a boost in energy and calming for your health you get into it most, perhaps I am super sensative, perhaps I just am doing it right adding up together a better and better start on it all after some time and for a healthier way to live.

(adding: on videos next, one must some times suffer to apreciate there in, they can be yawner's, these are chosen none specific but varried a bunch of them through out on this, theres a number of them, have a good one, thanks....)

off topic again, heres some interesting articles on thoughts for modernization for food industry:

http://www.ted.com/talks/tags/food

I will just leave it at that and one other and maybe get back with info future threads we bump into relevant on my interests for stuff again.

caution; here is my fave guru presently, (was glad to see him at NutriBullet adverts also spuring right on into buying that appliance), he is known to sell all his stuff at top quality but expense too for that, just saying, if you happen to hit on his sites for sales there are moderate to high prices compared to say even Amazon, where all this stuff keeps popping up newer and newer.

http://video.search....id wolfe speaks

Hey, it is being presented by TED so it can't be that bad. :) I will look through these links tomorrow.

They have one as a documentary form TED talks line up on food, forget the exacting title, found it on Netflix and there it was neatened up as full presentation.

as for David wolfe, you can search him internet and youtube and add specic topic, chinese herbs or astragalus or superfood, what have you and get better results than Yahoo link, sorry after reinvesting in looking through videos the Wolfe stuff is political and fewer than I thought and the TED talks are scattered from format on Netflix Doc's.

By the way, no worries about being off topic. I started this thread so I get to make the rules. :) Besides, I am not sure why some people get bent out of shape by off topic discussions. Often times, a lot of wisdom comes from them. As you have demonstrated.