Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

best green superfood powder?

I have those dasani Water lemonade flavor drops that you sent me, will those work? Also, do you know about managing the texture, will making it with hot water help?

I have those dasani Water lemonade flavor drops that you sent me, will those work? Also, do you know about managing the texture, will making it with hot water help?

I have been adding a TB of powdered Peanut Butter (netrition) and a TB of chia seeds.

I have been adding a TB of powdered Peanut Butter (netrition) and a TB of chia seeds.

I have those dasani Water lemonade flavor drops that you sent me' date=' will those work? Also, do you know about managing the texture, will making it with hot water help?[/quote']

Yes, pink lemonade flavoring should should help with putrid taste of "raw" green drinks. I prefer adding the dasani pineapple coconut flavoring myself. I have never tried to prepare with hot water so cannot help there. Perhaps mixing up with a Blender Bottle will help you.

I have those dasani Water lemonade flavor drops that you sent me' date=' will those work? Also, do you know about managing the texture, will making it with hot water help?[/quote']

Yes, pink lemonade flavoring should should help with putrid taste of "raw" green drinks. I prefer adding the dasani pineapple coconut flavoring myself. I have never tried to prepare with hot water so cannot help there. Perhaps mixing up with a Blender Bottle will help you.

I did the drops, but oooweee, it was sweet. I'm sure I'll figure out a balance. What I'm worried about now is the way it skyrockets my carb count :( I'm not exercising right now (bad cold) so can't afford the carbs.

I would like to rekindle this topic and see if anyone has found a great product that comes in a pill form. The drinks are a little rough for me so I'd like to try something else.

I would like to rekindle this topic and see if anyone has found a great product that comes in a pill form. The drinks are a little rough for me so I'd like to try something else.

Actually, good question. Trader Joe sells a product called Very Green. I have been using it for a while and it is fairly inexpensive. One bottle has 90 servings so it lasts for 3 months. It has a fairly decent green mix blend.

Hey Fiddle! I knew you would respond! Do you think the pills are as effective as the drinks? Do you see similar results?

Hey Fiddle! I knew you would respond! Do you think the pills are as effective as the drinks? Do you see similar results?

Sure - the pills are helpful. Just 2 a day. More than anything they are an insurance policy with regards to nutritional needs. They do make me feel better, but not on the same calibre as, say, a freshly blended super food fruit smoothy. That doesn't mean they are not as helpful; it is just I do not physically feel the difference as much before and after swallowing the pills. Take them for bridging nutritional gaps alone and you should be good.

The only good green superfood powder i've ever found is Passion projects COmplex green which i just buy off their website. Its honestly the best product and has helped me loose this extra weight cause I have it in a smoothie for Breakfast and sometimes do a detox day when i just drink heaps of it in Water and nothing else, SOO good. Also its just helped me with feeling a lot clearer and healthier in general (less meh)

it says it has more than 81 ingredients and is an award winning formula done by a famous biochemist....the number 1 reason i love it is cause it has NO crap in it AT ALL (amazing?!?!) ie; it has no fillers, additives, sugar etc and is low GI, low cal, good for people with allergies or diabetes (i'm "pre" diabetes). The green powder has Protein, antioxidants, herbs, mushrooms, Probiotics, digestive enzymes, fibre, fatty and amonio acids, chlorophyll, Vitamins, minerals, and raw/organic fruit and veg - ALL of those things are why i love this product cause its just everything you need in one and it is NOT some wishy washy bullshit powder that actually only has trace amounts of those things in it - it is powerful shit.

ALSO i just learnt that other superfood powders actually use juice powder which was designed to be used for the flavouring industry not for nutritional value so you're paying heaps of money for essentially a tub of vegetable flavouring!!!! Whereas the passion projects complex green one is freeze dried (i think thats what its called don't test me on it though) and that means that the ingredients are RAW and all the fibre, nutrients and Vitamins are actually intact. So personally after taking this product I just can't bring myself to take anything else tbh.