Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hi, welcome Lynn. I am not too far from you, I live in Oklahoma.

I know how you feel about being Nervous. I'm nervous too and excited at the same time. Its such a weird feeling isin't it?

I am lucky that my insurance and employer allow the WLS, because there is no way I think I would be able to come up with the funds to pay for WLS.

I think if your a self-pay, there is even more motivation to take care of your band and treat it like gold, no cheating, etc. I'll only be out of pocket around a $1000, but still, I'm gong to treat it as I do my jewelry and treat it like gold. No cheating around the band for me.

Welcome to our little January band crew. I'll update the list and add you on.

How is everyone else doing? How are you surviving thru the holidays? Who has started a pre-op diet? OMG, January is almost here!!!!!

Updating the list for surgery dates; Has anyone else got a surgery date yet? If so, lets add it on.

Angy12314 - 1/03/07

Kellie Reachell - 1/03/07

Babygotback - 1/05/07

SeattleEbeth - 1/09/07

Moog24 - 1/09/07

PinkyBandito - 1/09/07

Klo - 1/10/07

Roses733 - 1/11/07

Mommi-hammi - 1/12/07

Sunshine2 - 1/18/07

Phlyinphebee - 1/19/07

Jun0610 - 1/22/07

rsbell - 1/22/07

Shesha - 1/25/07

shues138 - 1/26/07

Lapbandhopeful - 1/29/07

Hi everyone! I am a self-pay January bandster. My surgical date is January 8th. Oh boy oh boy OH BOY!!!!! Dr. Ortiz will be doing mine. I am older than most (age 57) and am doing this for my health. It will be a whole different way of approaching food and eating for me as it has been for all of you already-banded folks. My biggest concern is the post-op period of liquids and mushies with no restriction. Almost wish I could sleep for 2 weeks instead! :-)

Cheers!

Susan

Hey, i'm getting banded on January 16th in Monterrey:clap2: . Is anybody feeling really nervous? I keep on waiting for it to kick in but so far it's just excitement. I'll probably be shaking with nerves on the 15th though.

Wow, the list is really growing. We have FOUR people being banding on the 9th....Wow. Welcome everyone.

Angy12314 - 1/03/07

Kellie Reachell - 1/03/07

Babygotback - 1/05/07

Susantunanoodle - 1/08/07

SeattleEbeth - 1/09/07

Moog24 - 1/09/07

PinkyBandito - 1/09/07

Bhamguy31 - 1/09/07

Klo - 1/10/07

Roses733 - 1/11/07

Mommi-hammi - 1/12/07

Pinky12202 - 1/16/07

Sunshine2 - 1/18/07

Phlyinphebee - 1/19/07

Jun0610 - 1/22/07

rsbell - 1/22/07

Shesha - 1/25/07

shues138 - 1/26/07

Lapbandhopeful - 1/29/07

Hello Ladies,

Well I guess I can finally jump in! yahoo. I am planning on getting banned on Jan 13th by Dr Kuri, as of right now. I'm still not sure how I am going to pay for it :welldone2: ~ and actually just made an appointment with a local Dr to see if it would even be possible for insurance to pay for any part of it if done here in Cincinnati, but I am not holding my breath.

But no matter what I am getting it done in January!

Here's to a great new year!

Sara

I will also be getting banded with Dr. Ortiz, but on Jan. 5!!!! I was supposed to get banded Dec. 18, but I had to reschedule!!!:welldone2:

Man, it would have been this weekend I would have been leaving! I almost didn't want to go through the holidays. But, this will be my first Christmas at my house, so maybe it was best I wasn't on liquids only.

I just recieved his book "Lap band for life". I bought it on Amazon.com It is really an awesome book. I just started but I feel even more confident reading up on him and what even the inventor of the Lapband has to say about him. He has trained most doctors in the US!!!! I am soooooooooo excited!

Audree:clap2:

Pinky who is doing your surgery in Monterry? I have been looking into both Rodriguez and Zappata in that area. I would love to go there instead of all the way to Tijuana. But feel pretty comfortable with Kuri also. I was looking at going the same time you are too to Monterry.

Sara

Pinky who is doing your surgery in Monterry? I have been looking into both Rodriguez and Zappata in that area. I would love to go there instead of all the way to Tijuana. But feel pretty comfortable with Kuri also. I was looking at going the same time you are too to Monterry.

Sara

Dr. Rumbaut is doing my surgery, he's supposed to be really good, he's done over 4,300 lap band surgeries, so i'm pretty sure he know's what he's doing. If you want to check out his website it's http://www.gastricband.com/

My insurance (BCBS) isn't approving the Lap Band until Jan. 1. So hopefully I will be a January patient. can anyone tell me how to get a ticker??? 230+ and praying for 140!!!!

Lisa

My insurance (BCBS) isn't approving the Lap Band until Jan. 1. So hopefully I will be a January patient. can anyone tell me how to get a ticker??? 230+ and praying for 140!!!!

Lisa

Yay You :eek: ! I hope you get a surgery date in January. Where are you having it done? About the ticker, i definitely had trouble with it too. I went to tickerfactory.com and then just right-clicked it when i was done and saved it to my images, then i went to edit my signature and clicked on the "custom image" and picked it from my pictures folder. I think you're supposed to do it with copying and pasting the URL, but it didn't work, maybe it'll work for you but it was too confusing for me. I'm not that computer-smart...

Yay You :eek: ! I hope you get a surgery date in January. Where are you having it done? About the ticker, i definitely had trouble with it too. I went to tickerfactory.com and then just right-clicked it when i was done and saved it to my images, then i went to edit my signature and clicked on the "custom image" and picked it from my pictures folder. I think you're supposed to do it with copying and pasting the URL, but it didn't work, maybe it'll work for you but it was too confusing for me. I'm not that computer-smart...

Dayton Ohio; My doctor is Dr. Clarey;i really don't want another winter layer of fat to carry in to the summer!!!!!!

I'm new here and have been lurking around for some time. I decided on Dec 9th that I'm just gonna do it (I've been pondering it since June, I'm a self-pay). I'm jumping on the band wagon...and can't wait. I've had a weight problem all my life and I can finally start to feel free. I had my initial dr consultation on 11 Dec along with the dietician and psych-eval. And WA-LA, I'm scheduled for surgery on 2 Jan. I had the discussion with my doctor about telling people and he said to say it was my New Year's Resolution....how am I doing :biggrin1: ? And so I am. I can't hardly stand it...a new year a new ME!!!

This is great! I love that we have a big group here for January!