Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Sunshine, i'm glad that i'm not the only one feeling this way. I haven't been doing a whole lot of anything lately but either talk about the lap band, think about the lap band or read everything possible on LBT. I think i'm about to drive my parents insane. I think i'm about to go insane... luckily we've got holidays ahead of us and we can focus on something else for a bit.

Pinky, the sad thing about mine is I have no one to share it with. My DH is the only one who knows that I am having the surgery, and he is never in the mood to listen to me. So i'm on this forum ALL THE TIME. I need to get busy at work, lol. My boss is not going to be happy with my December numbers If I don't pull myself away from this sight, AT LEAST PART OF THE DAY. lol.

Well, before you know it, January will be here.

I hear you, i've been really distracted at work lately, i just hope my boss doesn't notice. I'm only telling my parents (because they are paying for it) but no one else. If you ever feel like you're going to burst if you can't talk about it just PM me, it's all i ever think about anyways.

Wow, i sound like such a dork.

Me me me . . . please add me :biggrin1: . I have my date (finally). It's January 10th. I will see the Dr for my pre-op on Jan 3rd. Then it's 7 days of nothing but Clear Liquids (:rolleyes ), and then WHAM, I'm banded!!!!!

I'm chuckling after catching up on this thread. :) It's great to read everyone's excitement and enthusiasm! I weighed today and I'm now 95% of the way to my original goal (175). I think that I'm going to continue on to either 165 or 155, but I can't believe that I'm in the 170s. :D

I think it's very normal to have the LapBand "consume" your thoughts these days. I know that, last Christmas, I was more hopeful and positive than I'd been in a long, long time. And that hope and positive attitude helped me to make better food choices (despite the "last supper" syndrome), and it gave me more energy and pep so I started moving more. THIS Christmas, I'm giddy. :D Can't wait to see some people who haven't seen me in a while. :)

Sunshine, I don't think of myself as much of a "leader" with the lapband. lol I've had my ups and downs...not with the band so much (no problems there), but with the "head games." Worrying that I won't get to where I want to be, knowing that I'm thinner but not *seeing* it (that's getting better), and I'm not always the most compliant bandster. :D I've had days at a time where I'm snacking, eating chocolate, etc. But overall, I think I'm a typical bandster, so if I can answer any questions or offer any advice, I'm willing. :)

Cindy

Cindy,

Congratulations on getting 95% to your goal! WOW! What a fantastic accomplishment!

My surgery date is the 10th and I am sitting here trying to imagine being able to meet that goal myself. I am so worried that I am going to fail at this! And I am having trouble picturing life post-op.... What were the first few weeks like? Did you crave sugar? When/did you start exercising? What sorts of things do you have for Breakfast and lunch (my hardest meals b/c they are usually on the run)?

Did you have this PBing thing that I've been reading about (it sounds kinda scary!)?

:phanvan

Cindy, you have done remarkably well. I cannot wait until I'm in the 170's for sure!!!

I'm sure come February, a lot of us will be having so many questions regarding the band, you'll get tired of anwering them for us. lol.

The weird thing about me is I haven't had the "last super" syndrome, I've actually gotten to the point that food is not that big of deal. I think because I've been on the last super syndrome for the past 40 years, lol. I actually have been trying to watch what I eat, I've had a few slips during the holiday, but for the most part, I've been doing pretty good. Down 20 lbs since my doctor consultation. yay! Only 80 more to go!

I told myself I was going to stay away from LBT today and get some work done, but i'm on my lunch sitting at my desk, so I just had to check in.

only 29 more days until my banding date!

Pinky: I also have been feeling very anxious, like i want to get this done already. I feel like I should be doing something. Right now all I can do is come here, read about it, journal and I have added exercise to something I can do toward my surgery. I even can't wait to start my pre op on dec. 29 because it makes it feel more real.

I did have the last supper thing going, like everyday, but it was making me feel sick. I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Sometimes I feel like it isn't really going to happen.

Audree

I am so worried that I am going to fail at this! And I am having trouble picturing life post-op

I feel the same way. I have failed so many times. Or the biggest thing for me is, I lose a lot of weight and get all these compliments, then POOF, the weight is right back on. I know people are probably sick of seeing my yo-yo. It is embarassing to me. So, I am keeping quiet about this, I want to make sure it is going to work for me before I tell anyone about it. I have trouble picturing me skinny again, and staying skinny.

Hey Audree, it's nice to know that there's a bunch of anxious future bandsters. It feels weird to admit that i'm looking forward to surgery. It's great that you've started exercising, after reading your post i've decided to start today. No more waiting till monday, i'm going to start doing something conducive to weight loss today.

Pinky, How tall are you? Just curious, our stats are pretty similar. Except your 20 yrs YOUNGER than me. lol. don't like that at all. lol.

So glad to know that I am not the only one that is on LBT way more than they should be while at work - I just got my date 1/9/07 and my pre-op appointment is tomorrow! Looking forward to getting to know everyone. I must, must, must get back to work now...... right after I figure out how to do one of those weight loss tickers!

Amy - 1/9/07 surgery date

:) :) :):D :D :D:) :) :)

Hey Amy! We've got the same surgery date. Can't wait to watch all of the january bandsters shrink.

I too am sluffing off work to read the boards here. I can't seem to read enough about the band right now, but, "the more you know..."