Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hi all, I'm getting my band Jan. 31st, 2007 in Mexico can't wait. My wife and I are going on a cruise on Jan. 13th and back on the 20th , I'll be very good for the week before I go to Mexico for my band:rolleyes: I hope you all will do great with your bands. Eney body having theres done in Mexico with me? Ted:biggrin1:

Hi Guys, just wanted to check in.

Audree, i hear you with feeling the need to overeat, guess we've just got to focus on the long-term goal, i'm not exactly eating way more than usual, but i've definitely been eating less healthy foods.

My pre-op diet is only three days prior to surgery, but i think i'll make it a goal to eat healthier all of January, i need the structure too. I wish you guys all the best. One year from now we'll all look back, and hopefully it will all have been worth it.

Hi Guys, just wanted to check in.

Audree, i hear you with feeling the need to overeat, guess we've just got to focus on the long-term goal, i'm not exactly eating way more than usual, but i've definitely been eating less healthy foods.

My pre-op diet is only three days prior to surgery, but i think i'll make it a goal to eat healthier all of January, i need the structure too. I wish you guys all the best. One year from now we'll all look back, and hopefully it will all have been worth it.

Isn't it funny how we feel the need to check in! Is it my new

obsession!!!:girl_hug: I just can't keep from coming here. At last, a healthy habit! Now, I just have to add the gym back!!!

I actually am not over stuffing myself every time, but I am also not making the best choices. I did scare myself the other day though. I ate till it hurt and I haven't done that for many years. Wow, your pre op is only three days prior? Mine is one week, a Protein Shake for Breakfast and a lean cuisine for lunch and dinner.

I am looking forward to my food tonight. My pre op starts on Dec. 29, so in 5 days!!! I can't wait!!! Audree

Merry Christmas everybody!!!!

How did you all do? I had a light Breakfast of eggs, tasted a little here and there while cooking and had one serving of dinner. I had a couple Cookies and passed up on the pie.

Today, I had some left overs for brunch, mashed potatoes, Beans and corn, so not so bad.

Four more days till my pre op diet. I am even feeling burned out on food. Isn't that funny?

2 more weeks till my banding!!!!! WOOOHOOO Audree

Merry Christmas!

Cindy: I know what you mean about not seeing yourself the way everyone else does. In my thin years, I always thought I was fat. Now that I actually am fat, I never quite saw myself as big as I really am. I also realized today that we have only 2 small mirrors in our house. Not surprising really -- but a real eye-opener as to how our inner thoughts can creep into our outer actions and environment when we don't even realize it! I guess maybe the mirror count in my house will be a testament to how successful I am! LOL!

Audree: I didn't eat too much this weekend either, though I did drink my share of wine! Seeing as how I'm off alcohol for at least the next 6 weeks, there was no way I was missing out! :)

Hi to Rose and Ted too!

Maria

Man, I didn't eat that much yesterday, but I sure made up for it today grazing on leftovers allllllll dayyyyyy!!!!!:)

I had lots of small servings which was a lot more than I ususally eat. I have really fallen of the wagon. I am not drinking my Water like usual, I am not exercising!!!!! What am I waiting for? I am such a all or nothing person. I can't do anything half way and since I can't do pre op..... On the upside then when I get my lapband, I will be "hopefully" in my "all" mode.

Four more days till my pre op diet begins on Dec. 29th. Just think next Thursday I will be driving to Mexico and I will be banded next Friday!!!

OOOHHHHH it made me nervous. I can't believe this is really happening!!!

It just doesn't feel real yet.

Audree

I'm really in the same place you are. I'm finding it hard to "diet" during this holiday season when I know the pre op diet is just a few days away. I really think that the best thing you can do right now is try not to be too hard on yourself for overeating a bit in these last few days. Do the best you can, but don't beat yourself up if you are not perfect. The timeline is set now, the snowball has already started rolling down the hill and it's getting bigger. There's no stopping it now. Just go with the flow, as they say, and before you know it, you'll be among the banded, off on a new life/adventure.

Ditto to self.

Finally checking back in....hope everyone did great during the holidays. I ate and I ate, and I ate.

Audree - I'm ready for my pre-op diet to start too! I was doing so good, but lately, I have not been doing that great, snacking too much, eating too much sweets I think.

I've got 23 more days until banding! yippee. My pre-op starts 1/4/07. I've stocked up on popsicles, and this weekend, I am going to make a bunch of homemade broth and freeze it.

Talk to everyone later - Welcome to the new ones to the January band crew.

HI EVERYONE ...ITS ROSE ...GETTING BANDED ON THE 11TH OF JAN AND GETTING MORE AND MORE EXCITED !!!!

I JUST E-MAILED MY COORDINATOR FOR DR KURI ....AND SHE SAYS THAT I DONT NEED TO DO THE PRE OP liquid diet .....I WAS THINKING THAT I JUST MIGHT GO AHEAD AND DO IT ANY WAY JUST SO I CAN BE USED TO FEELING LESS IN MY STOMACH.......DOES ANY BODY HAVE ANY OPINIONS ABOUT THIS ???? i AM 5'5" WEIGHT 225 AND MY BMI IS 37 ........ANY SUGGESTIONS ????? i WOULD SURELY APPRECIATE ALL THAT ANY ONE HAS TO SAY ....ROSE

Hi Rose, our stats are pretty similar. I'm 5'5" too and weigh 227. I'll be banded 1/18 (a week after you).

To answer your question, I think any weight you lose before surgery is a bonus. I'm not sure if you would have to do the liquid diet since your doctor doesn't require it (I'm a firm believer in doing what your doctor wants), but going on a high Protein, low carb diet might be benieficial, since you will be eating that way after surgery.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR REPLYING SUNSHINE !!!! I REALLY THINK I WANT TO GO AHEAD AND AT LEAST DO THE HIGH PROTIEN LOW CARB FOR 7 DAYS PRIOR ......AT LEAST TO PREPARE MYSELF FOR WHAT IS COMING .......THANKS AGAIN ROSE:D

I found this article and thought I would share it with all of you.....its rules to follow.

http://www.lapbandlifestyle.com/Pages/LapBandLifestyleRulesroad.shtml

Thanks Tonya, that's very useful. I've seen bits and pieces of this information in different places but it's good to have it organized. I definitly plan on referring to that again. I like the question they ask at the end: "Are you ready to go the distance?" I think it's a good question for focusing the mind on the task at hand.