Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Now, I am just trying to figure out what to take so I don't get there and say "I can't believe I didnt take..."

I am getting a little scared!!!!:)

Audree

Audree, not be scared! Ortiz is a great surgeon. You'll be fine.

As for what to take...my husband and I flew to Monterrey and we had ONE small carry-on...that was it. :) You really don't have to take much...even if you forget something, you'll be home before you know it, plus, everyone is so helpful that if you really need it, I'm sure the Ortiz crew would help you get it.

That said, I took the very basics for hygiene (deoderant, toothpaste), 2 changes of clothing (I wore the same thing to Monterrey that I wore back...a comfy top and sweats), a book, my laptop, and that's about it. The surgeon's office provided any meds I needed after surgery, along with Protein Drinks.< /p>

I know that everyone likes to be prepared with liquid meds, soups/bouillon, etc, but most find that none of the "special" stuff is really needed. I've been taking Tylenol, Vitamins, etc, in their pill form ever since surgery. And most people feel close to normal within a day or two of surgery, so there's really no need to stock up on food unless you're a long way away from a store...otherwise, your normal routine works just fine. :)

Cindy

Audree,

There is a great list as a sticky on the pre-op and post-op thread. It list things to have for each stages.

How long will you be in Mexico? Will they start your liquids for you? Will you need to bring that stuff with you?

I'm so excited for you! I still have 3 LOOOONG weeks to go and 1 day :cry

I hate waiting so long, however, I'm the one that chose 1/18. So, I guess I can live with it.....I just wish it would hurry up and get here.

ok, can someone tell me if drinking a soda is ok down the line,or is this now a thing of the past ?..(Club soda is what I like)Ted

Ted - I've read where some doctors state that a little carbonated drink is okay. But the makers of the band say NO NO. I have decided to give it up, I don't want to chance it.

Its a good question on how many people still drink pop. I hear a lot of people let it go flat first. I don't think I can do that, so I'm just giving it up. Its hard - I love diet coke - I drink one every morning.

Correction - I used to drink one every morning. I'm on day 3 without one.

My first post! My surgery date is January 2nd - the first one of 2007 for my surgeon. I am a self pay and wanted to use $2,400 max of flex funds to help me pay.

I am scared I will fail. I have been going to counseling for about 6-months for binge disorder hoping to prepare myself.

Anyone have their pre-op appointment? what do I expect? I go for that tomorrow at 8:30. How long was your appointment? did you see the psych people again? I am sure all drs are different.

Hello everyone! I just felt the need to squeeze right in here, especially since I just received a surgery date of 1/24.

I've had a up and down hill journey to this point. I've got to run right now, but I'll share more later tonight when I get home.

Just happy to be joining the group!

Chris

Well, just a mere 7 days left. God, this has been the longest and short waiting period of my life. Now that it's around the corner I feel like I am going to freak out. My mom made me the cutest gift for my birthday: a basket of all things I am going to need following the surgery, foods, measuring cups, food scale, etc. It was real sweet. I am going to Florida tomorrow for New Year's and coming back the day before my surgery. Not sure that was the best decision I could have made, but the tickets are already paid for lol. I am trying to get all spiritual and stuff now, trying to find emotional and mental peace. Wish me luck!

Hey all...I've been testing some of the powder shakes from www.bariatriceating.com so that I didn't buy a $40 container and hate it. Some of the samples are FABULOUS...I highly recommend. Also, the Better than Boullion I think will be my life saver - delish! Comes in SO many flavors. Found it in Shop Rite up here in NJ. I also found Gas-X "Strips"...just like the breath mint strips; they dissolve on the tongue, pretty cool, huh??!!!

Did my Nuclear Stress test today; ugh - oh so glad its over with - and hopefully all is well; as that is the last required clearance I needed.

:bananapartyhat:

Hey gang! Well, today was day 2 of my 4-week pre-op Optifast diet. So far, so good. I can honestly say that I have not been hungry. I'm allowed 8 products per day (yesterday had 7, today 6), and don't really feel like I need that much! I'm trying to get them in as best as possible. I did the math and with all 8, it's still only 1400 calories. I'm sure there a tough days down the road. I'm just thankful for an easy start.

I also treated myself to a new exercise contraption at Target yesterday (had to get there for the 1/2 off Christmas wrap LOL!). I got a mini version of the The TransFIRMer System. That experiment begins tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Maria

Audree,

There is a great list as a sticky on the pre-op and post-op thread. It list things to have for each stages.

How long will you be in Mexico? Will they start your liquids for you? Will you need to bring that stuff with you?

I'm so excited for you! I still have 3 LOOOONG weeks to go and 1 day :cry

I hate waiting so long, however, I'm the one that chose 1/18. So, I guess I can live with it.....I just wish it would hurry up and get here.

Sunshine:

I will be in Mexico three days, I leave next Thursday, Jan. 4, surgery on Friday and back home on Saturday. Your day will be here faster than you know it!!!:bananapartyhat: Audree

Well, just a mere 7 days left. God, this has been the longest and short waiting period of my life. Now that it's around the corner I feel like I am going to freak out. My mom made me the cutest gift for my birthday: a basket of all things I am going to need following the surgery, foods, measuring cups, food scale, etc. It was real sweet. I am going to Florida tomorrow for New Year's and coming back the day before my surgery. Not sure that was the best decision I could have made, but the tickets are already paid for lol. I am trying to get all spiritual and stuff now, trying to find emotional and mental peace. Wish me luck!

Let's all keep each other in our prayers!:nervous I am getting banded 2 daya after you! I can't believe it. I was orginally supposed to be banded on Dec. 18 and I never thought the day would come!! But, here it comes!!!!

Audree