Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hey there! Can I get on the January list even though my surgery was February 1st? I find the February people are a little too for behind me (although I'm on their list too) to answer my questions so I've been drifting onto this thread.

Sure you can, the more the merrier. I added you the list (See very first page of this thread, under my name you will see your name added).

Welcome to our group!

I went for fill number 2 today. I was at 1.2 cc's and now I have 2.4 cc's. He made sure I could pass food which I was able to pass 1 toast and about 30 minutes later, some carne asada.

I will let you know how it goes.

I was definitely fuller a lot faster.

Audree

I went for fill number 2 today. I was at 1.2 cc's and now I have 2.4 cc's. He made sure I could pass food which I was able to pass 1 toast and about 30 minutes later, some carne asada.

I will let you know how it goes.

I was definitely fuller a lot faster.

Audree

That's what I have now Audree. It took almost 6 days for my restriction to kick in full blast. Now that it has kicked in I have some serious restriction. So I would love to hear how you do in about a week. I am very restricted but I love it. I just have to be real careful, and eat extremely slow.

Okay Ladies and Gentlemen...

Today's my 3rd month anniversary and I'm holding steady at a 40lb loss. This means I'm 6lbs from my first mini-goal. I'm ready for it. My 2nd fill is next week Monday, I'm looking forward to that, too.

The last time I lost weight, I spent several months hanging around this weight. I couldn't get any lower no matter what I did, and I eventually climbed back up to where I was when I was banded.

I hope I don't get stuck here. If so, I know it will eventually drop some more. When it does, I think my last little fear that this won't work for me will be obliterated! Can't wait.

It's good to see everyone doing so well. How's all of the missing January bandsters? Everyone out losing weight and enjoying life so much we've stopped checking in. I miss the stories...

Okay Ladies and Gentlemen...

Today's my 3rd month anniversary and I'm holding steady at a 40lb loss. This means I'm 6lbs from my first mini-goal. I'm ready for it. My 2nd fill is next week Monday, I'm looking forward to that, too.

The last time I lost weight, I spent several months hanging around this weight. I couldn't get any lower no matter what I did, and I eventually climbed back up to where I was when I was banded.

I hope I don't get stuck here. If so, I know it will eventually drop some more. When it does, I think my last little fear that this won't work for me will be obliterated! Can't wait.

It's good to see everyone doing so well. How's all of the missing January bandsters? Everyone out losing weight and enjoying life so much we've stopped checking in. I miss the stories...

Chris I feel the same way, if I can't get out of the 190's I know that the lap-band works. I always get stuck in the 190's then get discouraged and pack on the pounds again, its been a viscious cycle.

I go for my 2nd fill next week too (Tuesday the 17th), I can't wait, although I'm nervous. I have restriction now, but not so much where I PB or even have to take small bites. I can eat what I want and nothing gets stuck, but I can't eat a lot, but eat more than I should be able to.

I'm at 2.2 cc's, so not sure how much I will get.

I have a questions for anyone out there. Have you heard that your tighter during TOM? TOM is due next week, the 17th to be exact, the same day as my fill. I'm wondering if that will mess up my fill? Or make me seem tighter than I really am and then not get a good fill? What do you guys think?

Yes, where are all the missing January Bandsters, come check in with us, we miss you!

Chris, your doing good, 40 lbs is a great loss!

I've been checking in, just don't post very often. Ball practices have started for my 3 boys and Spring is sort of here.....on a farm that means lots of outside work and very little computer time!

Okay, an update...Was banded on January 18th, have had 2 fills for a total of 2.25, scheduled for 3rd fill on April 23. I've been stuck 3 times, each time was due to eating too fast/not chewing well or mainly from taking a bite of cold leftover food that should of been warmed up (leftover BBQ turkey). Don't usually get really full, just use a small saucer for a plate and quit when it's empty.

As for the TOM...not sure about the restriction during that week but I have realized since January, I get really hungry and have the muchies for about 10 days, 2 weeks before the TOM. Then all of a sudden the weight just falls off?!?!?! I lost 4 pounds over night this time!

Total weight lost is 44 pounds in 14 weeks! Haven't checked the measurments but have went from a 30/32 to a 22/24 so far!

Hope everyone else comes on here and updates....it's been so slow on the January bandsters thread and would love to hear from everyone!

Haven't checkd in for a while. Had my second fill this morning under xray. Was supposed to have it last week in the office, but after 2 tries Dr. could not access the port. I was surprised, because my first fill was reather easy in the office. I had a 1.0 fill the first time, and this a.m. he found only .5 left and added another 1.0... so, I am now at 1.5. Seems less than a few of you who I have read about recently- I sure hope it is enough. I have been feeling almost no restriction, except for the 10 days after surgery, and the one week after my first fill. I am trying not to be discouraged, but the weight loss has been VERY slow. I am down 21 pounds. With very little loss in the last 2 weeks. I feel just like I always have on a diet....trying hard to stay at 1,000-1,200 calories, but hungry all the time! I'll let you know.

Kim:kiss2:

bnded 1/30/07

223s/217s/202c/135g

first fill 3/9- 1.0

second fill today- 1.0, 1.5 total

Hi All

I'm kinda new to this site but after reading all the great support that's on here I decided to say hi and thank you to everyone who writes nice things :clap2: . I had my 3rd fill yesterday after the scale had hit a plateau for over 2 weeks. I feel better already! Although i dislike being on liquids for 2 days, it really does kickstart the weight loss again.

I'll keep ya posted and would love to hear from you all!

Stacy

Haven't checkd in for a while. Had my second fill this morning under xray. Was supposed to have it last week in the office, but after 2 tries Dr. could not access the port. I was surprised, because my first fill was reather easy in the office. I had a 1.0 fill the first time, and this a.m. he found only .5 left and added another 1.0... so, I am now at 1.5. Seems less than a few of you who I have read about recently- I sure hope it is enough. I have been feeling almost no restriction, except for the 10 days after surgery, and the one week after my first fill. I am trying not to be discouraged, but the weight loss has been VERY slow. I am down 21 pounds. With very little loss in the last 2 weeks. I feel just like I always have on a diet....trying hard to stay at 1,000-1,200 calories, but hungry all the time! I'll let you know.

Kim:kiss2:

bnded 1/30/07

223s/217s/202c/135g

first fill 3/9- 1.0

second fill today- 1.0, 1.5 total

Kim - I've read that some theories for erosion and/or slipped bands is the fills being too aggressive. Which, worries me a bit, because my doctor is very aggressive. So don't get discouraged with your fill level, just keep getting them increased until you hit that sweet spot. Slow fills might be the way to go and have less complications in the end.

21 lbs is a great loss. It only takes 10 lbs to make some healthy difference in your body, and you have already lost 21 lbs, that is great!

I am going for my 2nd fill tommorow at 1:45 pm. I was told that I may not even have a cup of coffee in the AM. Has anybody else been told not to eat or drink anything on the day of a fill? I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Amy

I am going for my 2nd fill tommorow at 1:45 pm. I was told that I may not even have a cup of coffee in the AM. Has anybody else been told not to eat or drink anything on the day of a fill? I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Amy

They have told me nothing to eat or drink after midnight, period. So, I'm in the same boat as you.

They have told me nothing to eat or drink after midnight, period. So, I'm in the same boat as you.

I was told I could eat and drink, but I'm not getting a fill anytime soon.

I was told I could eat and drink, but I'm not getting a fill anytime soon.

Maybe I should clarify my statement, I can't eat or drink after midnight the night before my fill. I go for my 2nd fill 4/17 - Next Tuesday, and I can't wait!

I have a questions for anyone out there. Have you heard that your tighter during TOM? TOM is due next week, the 17th to be exact, the same day as my fill. I'm wondering if that will mess up my fill? Or make me seem tighter than I really am and then not get a good fill? What do you guys think?

We just talked about this at my support group meeting last night! The psychologist was running the meeting (she is so fabulous - love her!), and she did say that many people are tighter around TOM. A lot of the girls there agreed that they feel that too. I love my meetings. Last night it was all women and it was just like sitting around gabbing with a bunch of girlfriends.

Maria