Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Beginning weight - 248, todays weight (drum roll please) 198.0 I have reached the 50 lbs mark!!!!!!!!! YAY!(pre-op diet weight included in my beginning number)

Before /1 month out/ 2 months out

Waist - 41 1/2" / 38" / 36 = lost 5 1/2"

Hips - 51" / 46 1/2 / 45" = lost 6"

Left Thigh - 28" / 26 1/4"/ 24" = lost 4"

calves - 17" / 15 1/2"/ 15 = lost 2"

left arm - 15 1/2" / 14" / 13 = lost 2"

breast - 43" / 40"/ 39" = lost 4"

under breast - 37"/36 1/2" / 36" = lost 1"

TOTAL INCHES LOST = 24 1/2" (One month post op was 17 1/4", so I've lost an addidtional 7 1/4" in the last 30 days!)

BEGINNING WEIGHT = 248/198 = lost total 50 lbs (pre-op & post op)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hi Sunshine- How WONDERFUL! 50 pounds lost forever. You should be very proud of yourself and you are out of the 2's forever:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: . Congratulations on a job well done. Have a great week! Gigi:)

I have a 10cc band. (why) I feel like I should have gotten a 4cc, I dont know why he gave me the big one...my first fill was 1cc and I gained a pound since then..no restriction, eating like a pig, and pissed...my doctor emailed and said eat a small meal and "walk away: if I could have done that, I wouldnt be paying 467 dollars a month for the next damn 6 years! I am quite disappointed, (can ya tell?) I am on my way to my sisters for dinner...lets see how much I can eat there...sh$#!!

I wonder exactly what the 'sweet spot' is supposed to feel like??? I have had two fills and have restriction, but am not losing nearly as fast as I would like . . . I am afraid if I get another fill I will be too tight and I know that is no fun either . . .

Anyone have any idea what the 'sweet spot' feels like???

Thanks,

Lynn

Hi mommi hammi! The swet spot (I think) is when you get to a point where you feel comfortable with what you are eating ( enough but less)and are losing weight without any problems...meaning, no PB no throwing up (obviously, if you eat too fast or swallow too soon then you can always get something stuck). This is my personal take on the sweet spot. I haven't gotten there yet, but I hope to soon. I still can eat ( alot more then what I've seen posted around here...:faint: ) I think the only reason why I haven't gained is my excercising. You'll know it when you are there (at least that's what I've been told). the leader at our support group has not had a fill for over a year...She still has to work hard at keeping her good food choices but she's kept her weight off. She syas she has found her sweet spot!! I hope this helps, at least a little...:welldoneclap:

I had 2 fills now. The first one I could not really tell much difference but the 2nd one I can really tell. It takes me a lot longer to drink a Protein Shake and I have to take tiny bites and eat much slower. You will know when you get to the right ajustment. Good Luck!

I have a 10cc band. (why) I feel like I should have gotten a 4cc, I dont know why he gave me the big one...my first fill was 1cc and I gained a pound since then..no restriction, eating like a pig, and pissed...my doctor emailed and said eat a small meal and "walk away: if I could have done that, I wouldnt be paying 467 dollars a month for the next damn 6 years! I am quite disappointed, (can ya tell?) I am on my way to my sisters for dinner...lets see how much I can eat there...sh$#!!

Hi Tracy! Please don't feel discouraged. Your MD made the decision to give you the band he did because for him, it was the band you needed. Remember when the band is first put in there is no restrcition except for the swelling. Now you don't want the MD putting too much in a time because you don't want complications. Believe me, I understand where you are comming from. I can eat more than I should due to my little restriciton but I remind myself that it will come. Slowly but healthy and surely it will come. I am not a patient person and believe me I weigh myself almost daily and have slammed my scale a few times for not moving in the right direction but I am proud of my 32 - 37 pounds lost (that's how much it fluctutates) and I pray that I will be in onederland soon...I hope the encouragement helps and please don't give up.. You've worked too hard to get here!!! My prayers are with you sister!!!

Blessings!!!:kiss2:

Has anyone out there received the 10cc band? I just got filled 4cc in the large band and do not feel much restriction at all. Please tell me what restriction feels like.

Oh and by the way, what does PB mean? (I'm a chubbah so I think of peanut butter!) lol

I have the 4cc band so can't help with the first question. Can tell you that 4cc for a first time fill in a 10cc band sounds about right from what I've read. I got 1.25 in my 4cc and it hasn't helped much at all so know exactly how you're feeling...hang in there, it'll happen soon!

PB = Productive burp.....haven't had one of those either but have been told it's kind of like a little chunk of food coming back up, not throwing up, just a burp with chunks?!?!?!

Oh MY Gosh!!! Did you guys know that smaller sizes are cheaper?!?!?! Going from a 30 to a 24 in size, ordering from Roaman's catalog and I get all excited! My entire adult life I've scanned the listings in catalogs to the absolute bottom, crossing my fingers (and toes) that the size would go large enough. Was trying to order some smaller clothes (yah!) and 12 - 24 is $5.00 cheaper than 26 - 36! Another NSV that I didn't see coming!

Hi Band-family,

I finally lost a couple of pounds this past week after having been stuck for about 2 weeks. I'm now down 28 pounds.

TracyV--I have the 10cc band (we have a group on here as well). From what I am told, the larger band is chosen based on the size of your stomach. I was a bit dismayed at getting it but I have reconcilled myself saying that this is just a tool and I don't want to lose too rapidly. I did start out wit 2 cc's, so not everyone starts out with an empty band. I had a fill at 6 weeks and got 1 cc. So, you are actually more "filled" than I am. I do feel some restriction and no apetite, unless I go too long (more than four hours) without eating or having a Special K20 Protein Drink.

I'm battling a cold so I've not been exercising, altho I am active...been trimming trees all weekend. All the bending and picking up debris...I sweated!

Hope that all of you have a great week. Spring starts tomorrow! Maybe that will be the incentive to carry on! I am so ready for nice outside days!

Shawn

Hello everyone! How are you doing? As for me, I've finally dropped that last pound to make it a 30lb loss even.

Other then that. Doing fairly well. I did eat WAY more then I should be able to for lunch. I probably should have scheduled a fill for next week, but I'm pushing it out for another week or two. I'm going to get there. Just not rushing with it. I will say that what amazes me is the fact that when I think I'm eating perfectly...I'm stuck. Then the second I eat something that I've placed on my once a month to never again list...I drop a pound or two. I'm starting to think that my idea of what I should be eating, and what I actually should be eating, are two different things.

The 10cc band is the 4cc band.

Here's how it was explained on another forum-

There are two issues here:

1) Band size

2) Fill volume

There are three sizes of Inamed Lap Bands.

The size refers to the inner diameter of the band.

The 3 band sizes as per Inamed are 9.75 cm, 10.0 cm, and the VG (the Vanguard, which I believe is 11cm, but all the reps call it VG, no-one calls it the '11')

Fill volume:

The 9.75 and 10 cm bands can hold a maximum of about 4cc of saline.

The VG holds a max of about 10 cc of saline.

Hope this info helps to clarify any confusion out there regarding band sizes. =)

1) Band size

2) Fill volume

The 3 band sizes as per Inamed are 9.75 cm, 10.0 cm, and the VG (the Vanguard, which I believe is 11cm, but all the reps call it VG, no-one calls it the '11')

Fill volume:

Hope this info helps to clarify any confusion out there regarding band sizes. =)

Thanks for the clarification... This is the reason why I love this place:clap2: Someone can always answer questions. You Rock RockerGirl!!!:( :clap2:

I go in for my 2nd fill on Wednesday. I only got .5 in a 4 cc band I don't feel any restriction. I hope he is more agressive this time. I am back at the gym full time but the weight loss is just stagnant. I need a fill, that's for sure. I am ready to see some movement. It's so interesting to see how different everyone is.

Hi All,

I haven't been on in a while, busy with life. I was banded on Jan 11th and just had my second fill last week. I'm down about 25lb which I feel great about (no pre-op diet, lower BMI). I have a question about Sliming v/s PBing.

It seems like since my 2nd fill I am much more restricted and even after 2 bites of oatmeal, I find myself bringing up salavia (I guess that won't go through?) Is that what is considered PBing? I know you need to try and stay away from PBing, and i'm not really throwing anything back up~ no food. It's just like nothing can get threw. I know this may be to detailed but I'm not sure if I should go back for an unfill, the last thing I want to do is cause a slipage but not sure if I'm just going through a learning curve. I know I need to learn to slow down and eat MUCH smaller bites. I feel like it is great that I finaly have restriciton but not sure if it is to much. Is this normal?

Sorry to ramble but any advise would be great.

You guys are the best.

Congrats to all the great losses!

Sara

1) Band size

2) Fill volume

Fill volume:

Good clarification, however my Dr told me that I have a 10 cc band and that for the first fill he does 4 cc then 2 then 1. So maybe this is the VG band but referred to as a 10 cc band. You may want to clarify with Dr as to how fill the band will hold verses what size band.