Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

:clap2: :clap2: Wow!! I could not have said it better!!! isn't it amazing! this has been ONE OF THE BEST decisions I've made in my life!!! Congratulations on your wonderful success!!! :clap2: :clap2:

Hi Bandida,

Like I said, every day brings something new. And its funny how I don't just 'sit at the table for dinner'. Each meal is an 'event'. HA! And I was worried that it would be boring for me; no longer 'social'. Boy was I wrong. JUST the opposite.

Hey, everyone. I had my 3rd fill this morning. I'm at 2.3 ccs now in a 4 cc band. Let's hope I feel something this time. I'm also down 2 more pounds, so that's good. My mom is coming to visit in exactly 4 weeks, and I want to be at least 10 pounds lighter by then. Last time she saw me (about 18 months ago), I was at the weight I am now, so I'd like for her to be able to see some change. Even though I've lost 27 lbs, I'm still in the same size clothes -- they're just a bit baggy now. Guess I'll have to start exercising to get it to come off a little faster. Yuck.

How's everyone else doing with their fills? Anyone reached the "sweet spot" yet?

OK, I ate my lunch of Nutrisystem Whipped Sweet Potatoes (200 calories, 10 g. of protein) an hour and a half ago and still feel absolutely stuffed. In fact, I'm close to being nauseous. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will stay with me -- the fullness, not the nausea.

I have to admit that I was afraid to get on the scale this morning at the doctor's office. I was sure that I was the same or had possibly even gained some. I have a very hard time wrapping my head around the idea that I can lose weight without being miserable. In the past, if my stomach didn't growl constantly, if I didn't have hunger headaches, if I wasn't watching the clock in anticipation of my next meal, if I wasn't cranky and irritable from lack of food, then I wasn't losing weight. Am I the only one who secretly believes this is too good to be true? I want to believe that my life has changed forever, but I'm such a pessimist that I just can't let myself believe it yet.

By the way, I bought a new scale, the Weight Watchers WW43 Memory Glass Electronic Scale. It is a worthless piece of crap, and I'm sending it back. I tried it several places in my house and even got out a level to check the floor. I weighed myself numerous times and not once was it anywhere close to my actual weight. According to this scale, I weigh 24 lbs one minute and 318 lbs the next minute. Can anyone recommend a good digital scale?

OK, I ate my lunch of Nutrisystem Whipped Sweet Potatoes (200 calories, 10 g. of protein) an hour and a half ago and still feel absolutely stuffed. In fact, I'm close to being nauseous. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will stay with me -- the fullness, not the nausea.

I have to admit that I was afraid to get on the scale this morning at the doctor's office. I was sure that I was the same or had possibly even gained some. I have a very hard time wrapping my head around the idea that I can lose weight without being miserable. In the past, if my stomach didn't growl constantly, if I didn't have hunger headaches, if I wasn't watching the clock in anticipation of my next meal, if I wasn't cranky and irritable from lack of food, then I wasn't losing weight. Am I the only one who secretly believes this is too good to be true? I want to believe that my life has changed forever, but I'm such a pessimist that I just can't let myself believe it yet.

By the way, I bought a new scale, the Weight Watchers WW43 Memory Glass Electronic Scale. It is a worthless piece of crap, and I'm sending it back. I tried it several places in my house and even got out a level to check the floor. I weighed myself numerous times and not once was it anywhere close to my actual weight. According to this scale, I weigh 24 lbs one minute and 318 lbs the next minute. Can anyone recommend a good digital scale?

Hi enterprise. I have a Health O Meter Scale I purchased at Walmart for $20 and it came with a pedometer. I haven't had any probems with it... it is pretty accurate...Let me know what you think.

Can anyone recommend a good digital scale?

I love mine - I bought it from Avon. It shows every ounce you lose, even if its only 1 ounce.

Can anyone recommend a good digital scale?

I have a Soehnle digital scale similar to this one:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Soehnle-63671-Chicago-Silver-Balance/dp/B000FL3H3G/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4/102-2743526-2985736?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1173996441&sr=8-4]Amazon.com: Soehnle 63671 Chicago Silver Body Balance Scale: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

I've had it for almost 5 years and it is truly awesome. It looks pretty darn good too.

So I got my second fill this morning. 0.5 more cc's. I've been on liquids all day today and I've remained quite satisfied. I get to go right back to solids tomorrow. I really really need to make an effort to do lean meat and produce. Those breads and grains have been sneaking back in -- I must stop them! DH and I talked about breaking out the crock pot so we can simmer meat all day. Should be nice and moist for me! What kinds of things are you guys eating? I would love it if you would share some typical days. I feel like I need some culinary inspiration!

Maria

Hi everyone,

I have not posted in awhile, I have had many things going on. I was suppose to have my first fill today however the dr nor his nurse could find my port. So I have toschedule for teh flouroscopy. He wanted me to schedule next week or 2 weeks, however I leave for vacation on 3/22 -4/1 so I will not be able to get until after I return. My Dr's comment to was you don't want this before vacation anyways. I had gone back and forth but the nurse convinced me to have it (it did not take much convincing). I guess a higher power had other plans.

I did not loose nor have a gained. I was the same.

I have been having some other medical issues since surgery that have been getting worse. I started with right after surgery the outside of my left thigh was/is numb. The Dr had order an EMG/NSV to check nerve responses. While I was waiting for this test, a couple of weeks ago I began not being able to feel when I go to the bathroom (sorry for being graphic). So the Dr order and MRI. it should that I have a central disc protrusion, the Dr. still wanted me to have the MRI to find out how bad the nerves are. The results of the EMG/NSV is that there is no muscle response in the left foot and that there is abnormalities in pertty much up through a portion of my back. The worse in the foot. Since I resently had a few surgeries on teh left foot I need to have another MRI of the left foot and ankle to make sure that a nerve was not servered during the surgeries. Also the protrusion in back is not what's causing the numbness in my leg. My primary care asked that I also see a neurologist for a 2nd opinion. So I have my MRI tomorrow morning, then next Wed I have my appointment with the Neurologist and then when I come back from vacation I will have to have my fill and I also have another appointment with a urogynecologist who preformed surgery 12/26, from which I have not been allowed to do any aerobic excercise, weights excetera. The only thing I can do it walk on the treadmill.

In the last few days I have definitely had the attack of the emotional eating monster.:hungry:

Sorry to spill this all out to guys just needed to vent a little today.

On a positive note when I actually am able to get my fill he told me that he make sure that the band tightens so that I do not have to keep going back and will have go restriction with the first fill. He ususlly does 4 cc then 2 then 1 in the 10 cc band which is what I have.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Hi enterprise. I have a Health O Meter scale I purchased at Walmart for $20 and it came with a pedometer. I haven't had any probems with it... it is pretty accurate...Let me know what you think.

Me too, same one (Health-O-Meter digital) from Wal-Mart and it is within an ounce or two when I weigh at home and then at Dr. Spivak's so I feel like it is accurate.

Hi all....haven't been on in a while, some people were having trouble dropping weight and I didn't want to depress them with good stories!!??!?!

Anyway, I've just got to tell this one!

For the past 3 years I've had the same pair of jeans, size 30 and only wear when I had too, sweats were my main clothing during the winter. So they are falling off me and the store where I purchased them wasn't carrying anything over a size 22. DH refused to let me wear the old ones out in public so I ordered the same brand, but in size 26 from the internet. They arrived about a week ago, too tight....so today I called the store back to see if they could order a 28 for me, they could but it would be 4 weeks before they get here. I told them not to order because hopefully I'll be down to the 26's by then! For the fun of it, I went back in and tried the 26's on and they FIT!!!!!!! They fit so good that I'm wearing them to a first grade field trip tomorrow! I am so excited!!!!! Since the first of the year I've lost a total of 31 pounds and went down 2 sizes in jeans. I've only had one fill, a little restriction but definitely still get hungry too soon. Second fill scheduled for the end of this month. This is so much fun, I agree with a previous post, in the past I would have heard my stomach growling and struggling to control my temper from the hunger pains to lose this much weight! I can't beleive this is working so easily! O.K. I feel better sharing....

To anyone not losing yet...you will, just give it time! This is a long process of trial and error. I started out at 330 and am now in the 280's so have a lot to lose! Good luck to all!

Enterprise, I purchased the Weight Watchers WW34 scale from Amazon ($34) and I love it. It shows weight to nearest tenth, and I have tried it all over my house. It always shows the same weight, until the next morning - haha! It has an automatic leveling device to ensure an accurate reading. It does not have a memory, but that is okay - I do have a memory.

I figured that a good scale is an investment in me.

Did Brenda do your 3rd fill? Did you lose any fill from your previous one? I am still struggling with my second fill (not omnipaque). I have a vacation planned for next week and want to wait for my next fill after I return. I hope I don't gain a bunch while I am gone.

Terry

I was banded on the 24 january really enjoying this journey have not been this weight for many years .This site is really useful and has helped me through many situations that i am not aware of . Good luck to all on our journeys ahead

Well I had my 2nd fill today, I have lost 2.5 lbs in 2 weeks, I don't guess that is too bad being I had some Margaritas over the weekend. I find I can really tell this time that I have restriction. I hope to loose a little more this go round. Good luck to everyone!

The only thing I can do it walk on the treadmill.

In the last few days I have definitely had the attack of the emotional eating monster.:hungry:

On a positive note when I actually am able to get my fill he told me that he make sure that the band tightens so that I do not have to keep going back and will have go restriction with the first fill. He ususlly does 4 cc then 2 then 1 in the 10 cc band which is what I have.

Keep up the great work everyone!

The treadmill is very good exercise, but you have to remember the first priority is your health, so if the docs say you can't do aerobics, then you stick with the treadmill - so sorry to hear about all your troubles. I hope they can get you back & running soon!

Well, bummer about your fill, but you just have to take it one day at a time, try and make healthy choices, have a great time on your vacation!