Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Okay...

Hopefully they will try the omnipaque (sp)....I heard that it is a more dense fill then the regular saline, and should provide you with some restriction.

I have had both, and the Omnipaque is totally different. It doesn't feel different, but it doesn't disappear . . .

I would certainly ask about it Tonya . . .

Tonya ~ I would ask them about using the OMNIPAQUE (sp?) solution for your next fill . . . When I was filled with the saline, it disappeared, but that has not been a problem with the OMNIPAQUE. I have heard it referred to a 'fix-a-flat', so if you do have a tiny little leak somewhere that they aren't able to see, it might correct it. Just a thought . . .

I'm going to ask the fill dr. on Friday about Omnipaque. The last time I was there, they withdrew all my saline and I had 3.0cc's in the band, so I had what the dr. put in there, but not enough restriction. Then he filled me completely close and slowly withdrew saline as I drank that nasty crap, and when it finally slowly went thru the band, thats where he stopped - it ended up bing 3.5cc's. He had me drink more and could see it barely went thru the band, I think he was worried I was too tight, so he told me be careful and before he let me leave, he had me drink an entire glass of Water - I drank it with no problems and then left. By Monday I didn't even feel like I had a band. So I called to tell them that and they immediately ordered an upper GI, that showed the same thing that I was feeling (everything going thru the band). So now I will go back on Friday, I'm sure he will withdraw the saline to make sure how much was in there, and try it again, but I'm going to ask him to use the thicker (Omnipaque) rather than saline, I hope they are familiar with it, i'm sure they are - you would think he would be anyhow.

Thanks guys for your concern and help. I'm scared to weigh myself, I know I'm up! I can feel it in my clothes. I'm trying my best to eat the right food choices and continue to eat slowly and chew.

Hi Everyone,

I am really curious to see where they think the saline went.

They can't get you in any earlier than the 20th? Ugh. Hang in there. Look at it this way... when you get restriction your metabolism willhave been jump started by the extra calories and you'll be less apt to fall into a plateau. Keep us posted.

Tooslow-jan 30,2007

I just have to share something. Today for the first time since highschool I bought a "C" cup bra!!!!!!!!!! We are talking at least 22 years!!!!!! I am so very pleased. Even if the scale is not going down as fast as I thought it would but I get jazzed when something like this happens!

Thanks for being here.

Hi Fellow January bandsters!!!

I didn't even realize that my 6 month bandiversary is coming up! Unfortunately, my port has been flipped since April. I have only been able to get one fill since I've had my band. As a result, I have only lost 31 lbs. I am so jealous of all of you who are doing so well.

On Monday 7/23 I FINALLY get to go back to my surgeon and get my port reattached and have a fill done. I am hoping that this extra restriction and new phase will be the motivation I need to get back on track and finally start losing weight again!!!

Wish me luck and thanks for listening! :whoo:

Hey Audree,

I had my surgery on the 8th, so it may have been a different Debbie. Do you know where she was from? I'm from Nashville, TN. Anyway glad your feeling restriction, I am too, I think for the first time. Talk to you later.

Debbie

Banded 1/8/07

235h/168c/140g

Hey Debbie! Nice to know you! You have the same exact stats of a woman named Debbie that got banded the same day I did. Funny!

Audree

Hi all. I am glad so many of you are having success. My name is Dee. I was banded in Mexico 1/15/07. I am not doing well, I have only lost 30 pounds and had 2 fills. I will try to get back to Mx. for another fills soon. I am getting depressed. I don't excercise more than taking care of kids and house due to back pain. Can't find anyone in chats when I'm here, so I came here looking for January 07 buddies. Hope totalk soon, DEE

You have done great!!! I have lost 25 since being banded 6 months ago and even though I wish I could have lost more, I am grateful for the slower weight loss since my skin was able to catch up and not sagging like it was when I first dropped a quick amount in the beginning. I was worried about my thighs, but they are doing better with a slower approach to losing. I do walk some and have been swimming, but need to step it up.

I just got my 3rd fill in Mexico, where they are more aggresive with their fills and am now at 3cc's in a 4 cc band. I am very happy with my restriction level. I can eat well, but not too well. I am not really able to eat in the morning or else I get stuck. But I can eat an early lunch. I am able to eat about 1/2 cup at lunch and about 1 cup at dinner.

I have only been eating 3 meals since I down my Water in between meals to stay hydrated. I am not hungry like before.

We just need to keep focused that we are headed in the right direction for the first time, losing!!!!

Welcome!!!:biggrin1:

Hey all, brought myself to tears last night...

Went to the closet to pick out an outfit for work. I've been rather casual over the summer, so my business clothes are just sitting. So I put on a pair of slacks that I had and noticed…hey…these are big! So without a second thought, moved to another pair of slacks that I've never worn, because they've always been too snug. Wouldn't you know…TOO big. Then it hit me! With a fury like you've not seen…I went from left to right - and tried on every slack, skirt, capri, in my closet. My NSV - I no longer have anything in my closet that is TIGHT. Everything either fits perfectly or is TOO BIG! Those few pairs of pants I bought for 'someday'…came, and WENT! :biggrin1:

I brought myself to tears…and did a happy dance! :whoo:

So the weight isn't coming off so fast, but the body is changing in size and shape!!! For the better!~ :clap2:

That is so awesome!!!! Congrats!!!!

Good morning Everyone! Just checking in. I went to see my surgeon on Thursday. He was pleased with my weight loss but wants me to see the nutritionist. He thinks that I am not eating enough for all the exercise that I do. I will call and make an appointment next week. Anyway, I am still on my plateau which is so discouraging, but I am trying not to let it bother me too much. How's everyone doing?

Bandida- So glad to see you're back. I've missed you! Congratulations on your success-You look FABULOUS!!!!!!

BabyGotBack- You look AWESOME! Glad to see that you are back too.

Sunshine- How are you doing? How did you make out with your band? I was also wondering if you could give me some info about the Body For Life challenge.

I hope that all is well with everyone. Hope to check in later today-gotta go for a walk. Have a great day- Gigi

Gigi!! Thanks! It is good to be back!

I just wanted to put in my 6 month bandiversary experience also!

I love my band and know I would not have lost these 25 pounds without it. I was on up upswing in my weight and would have gained 25 instead of losing them. I lost faster in the beginning. I was also taking this awesome supplement called QuickSlim30 which I believe helped me to lose so rapidly in the beginnnig and curbed my appetite also, plus gave me energy to workout.

I have been on a plateau for a few months. I just went last week for fill #3 where I got 3 cc' put in my 4 cc band. I definitely have a lot more restriction than I did. I was able to prior to this fill, to eat anything as much as I wanted to. But, now I am only able to eat 3 small meals a day. I definitely get stuck after a few bites in the morning, sometimes the first bite. At lunch I can tolerate about 1/2 cup and at dinner about 1 cup. A big difference to what I was!

I don't feel as hungry as I was, but when I do feel hungry I grab some crystal light and drink! I also bought sugar free fudgesicles and sugar free popsicles and they seem to really hit the spot.

I also want to buy some more QuickSlim30 when I can, hopefully at the end of the month. I would really like to see if it would get me off of my plateau.

I need to start working out more, but for the meantime I have been swimming. I was working and my kids are off for the summer so going to the gym was harder. And it is too hot to go walking.

I am eating about 1000 calories a day or so.

I was getting sick of bouncing from 165 to 169. When I got my fill, I was back up to 169.:faint:

When I go for my fills, he also pulls out exactly what I had in there. Maybe because they use the fleuro?

So, I am hoping that I am losing again. It is right before "that time" so I normally retain Water and don't know if I want to weigh in right now.

Take care everyone and it is great to be back!!!

Audree

Hi Everyone,

I am really curious to see where they think the saline went.

They can't get you in any earlier than the 20th? Ugh. Hang in there. Look at it this way... when you get restriction your metabolism willhave been jump started by the extra calories and you'll be less apt to fall into a plateau. Keep us posted.

Me too - what the heck???? Actually - they wanted me to come in on the 13th (the dr. only does fills on Friday) but I was leaving town the 12th so I couldn't, so I made my appointment for the 20th.

I did weigh this morning, I was at 176 lbs. I was at 174lbs a week ago, so I'm up 2 lbs. I'm not too upset over it, I can deal with 2 lbs.

Tooslow-jan 30,2007

Welcome! Tell us more about yourself.....

I just have to share something. Today for the first time since highschool I bought a "C" cup bra!!!!!!!!!! We are talking at least 22 years!!!!!! I am so very pleased. Even if the scale is not going down as fast as I thought it would but I get jazzed when something like this happens!

Thanks for being here.

Next you will be Victoria Secrets new model! :) Congratulations! That is great.

I have only lost 31 lbs. I am so jealous of all of you who are doing so well.

On Monday 7/23 I FINALLY get to go back to my surgeon and get my port reattached and have a fill done. I am hoping that this extra restriction and new phase will be the motivation I need to get back on track and finally start losing weight again!!!

Wish me luck and thanks for listening! :whoo:

"ONLY LOST 31LBS?" 31 lbs is GREAT! With only 1 fill, even greater! I do remember you saying your port had flipped, I'm happy you are getting it fixed next Monday. Are they replacing the port, or just fixing it?