Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hey everyone! I just had my first fill, and it didn't hurt at all! She put 2 ccs of saline in there, and I feel some restriction. I have to be on liquids for 48 hours, then back to food, I go back for a fill in 8 weeks, but I'll have to go to Rhode Island at Fill Centers since it will be cheaper there.

Welcome to my world!! LOL! After barfing 4 times since I got my fill last Thursday, I finally called the doc's office today. She told me to do ONLY warm/hot liquids tonight. I'm supposed to call back tomorrow morning and let them know if the liquids stayed down. She also told me to wait at least 4 hours after something is stuck to put ANYTHING (even water) down my throat. Maybe that will help you? I hope you are feeling better!

Maria

Hi Maria! thanks for the tips...I am feeling much better today...I did get a Protein Shake down yesterday as well as some crystal lite,but that was it...Today I had a Protein shake for Breakfast, some crystal ite, hot tea, and a small lite pumpkin muffin for snack and lunch I had 2 sips of Tomato Soup, 1 tsp. of Peanut Butter and 1 tsp. of jelly mixed in a cup with 2 soda crackers and as we type some of the old time favorite...lite strawberry jello...yummm:faint: !!!! lol...I was down 4 pounds from yesterday though...YEAH!!!!!;) How are you? How are you feeling?

Hi Maria! thanks for the tips...I am feeling much better today...I did get a Protein Shake down yesterday as well as some crystal lite,but that was it...Today I had a Protein shake for breakfast, some crystal ite, hot tea, and a small lite pumpkin muffin for snack and lunch I had 2 sips of Tomato Soup, 1 tsp. of Peanut Butter and 1 tsp. of jelly mixed in a cup with 2 soda crackers and as we type some of the old time favorite...lite strawberry jello...yummm:faint: !!!! lol...I was down 4 pounds from yesterday though...YEAH!!!!!;) How are you? How are you feeling?

Much much better today! The doc said to go back on solids today, but to make sure I was only eating 1/2 cup at a time. I ate some granola and dried fruit earlier. For lunch I had some Mrs. Grass chicken Soup with the noodles (leftover from last night's chicken broth). Jello sounds good. I may have to go whip up a batch!

Hey, Audree -- I was wondering when you'd be back. Glad to hear you're having some restriction from that 1st fill. I'm on fill #3 and still not feeling much difference. I bet everyone at the wedding noticed your weight loss. Did you get some comments?

I got a lot of comments. I will see if i can find a good picture to post. I also lost 2 more pounds. I couldn't wait for Friday so I weighed in today. I don't know how I did it. I was eating what ever I wanted until I was full.

I still need to start working out!

I am glad to be back!

Much much better today! The doc said to go back on solids today, but to make sure I was only eating 1/2 cup at a time. I ate some granola and dried fruit earlier. For lunch I had some Mrs. Grass chicken Soup with the noodles (leftover from last night's chicken broth). Jello sounds good. I may have to go whip up a batch!

I'm glad your feeling better. :clap2: I am supposed to go back on solids today but I'm a little scared..so i'm doing "mushies" instead... I really don't want to go through that again...:faint: funny..my instructions were the same as yours. lol! I love jello and I add some dream whip to it...(lite of course) yum!!! Enjoy!!

I'm glad your feeling better. :clap2: I am supposed to go back on solids today but I'm a little scared..so i'm doing "mushies" instead... I really don't want to go through that again...:faint: funny..my instructions were the same as yours. lol! I love Jello and I add some dream whip to it...(lite of course) yum!!! Enjoy!!

Hi Bandida!!

I am at 1.2 cc's and am doing good and losing. I was considering a 2nd fill since I feel like I can eat anything. You are only .3 more than me and it seems like you are so much tighter than me.

Do you think I should stay where I am?

As long as you are still losing I wouldn't get a fill. You don't want to be overfilled. It doesn't sound like a fun place to be.

I went in to get my 2nd fill today and I lost most of my whopping .5 ccs. No wonder I felt like I could eat anything. I got 1.4 cc's put in and I can totally feel it with liquids even. If I get tighter it may be a problem.

Hi Bandida!!

I am at 1.2 cc's and am doing good and losing. I was considering a 2nd fill since I feel like I can eat anything. You are only .3 more than me and it seems like you are so much tighter than me.

Do you think I should stay where I am?

Hi BGB!!! It's been a while!!! Glad to see you back!! I missed you!

As long as you feel comfortable at where you are at and you are loosing..I would stsy where you are, but ultimately it comes down to how you feel about it. My MD and I talked about it and I had NO restrcition whatsoever with the 1 cc...That's why we did the .5... I didn't think I would have as much restrcition as I have though (it's really TIGHT:faint: )...It's weird how much of a difference .5 cc's makes...

I have a question for everyone...

After your fill, did the "gas" shoulder pain (if you've had it) come back...? Holy cow!!! mines is back and it's not fun...I did have it after my first fill too...I was just curious...

I just got my fill thiis morning and I can tell that things are different. I can see how people have esophagus issues. My liquids seem to be sitting at the top of my throat and trickling down. My burps are different. No gas pain though. Oh man, not the dreaded shoulder pain again!

I just got my fill thiis morning and I can tell that things are different. I can see how people have esophagus issues. My liquids seem to be sitting at the top of my throat and trickling down. My burps are different. No gas pain though. Oh man, not the dreaded shoulder pain again!

I know..I told my husband now I understand why people lose weight..they are frightened of eating lol!! (just kidding...) bu that's how I felt yesterday...It's better today, but yeah...the dreaded shoulder pain is back (at least for me) not as bad as surgery but it's there...I pray you don't get it!!!

Are you eating now Bandida? I am going to be interested to see how mushies go down tomorrow.

Yup. Mushies are ok. I had Peanut Butter and jelly w/ some soda crackers earlier and it went down fine..I chewed like there was no tomorrow though..lol!! I made rice and Beans for dinner and I will mash the beans with the rice to see how that goes...I made chicken for everyone else, but none for me..not after yesterday!!!

Interesting it will be... It seems, at least for me, that there is never a dull day since banding..lol!!!;)