Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Sugarbear, you are so welcome. ( i am a computer geek :))

and this isn't the place to post this but thought i would tell you all a little bit about me and the Malteselover :thumbdown:

i repaired computers for over 25 years. i enjoyed my work very much. went to peoples offices and took care of whatever. well my back took me down, lifting a large computer monitor. after much pain management and then major back fusion surgery, then living through staph infection, then a few months later they had to redo it again. then the Dr told me i could never work again and would have to have pain management for the rest of my life. i went into a bad depression. i was laid up on the couch for 2 years.

i got a little doggie. He was such great comfort and it made me get up or throw a ball :rolleyes2: i decided i had to take control of my life again. since i couldn't work outside of my home. (have to lay down to much) i decided i wanted to breed a small breed. (after i saw the prices people get) i did alot of reading of different breeds and decided on Maltese. they are such great companions and make me laugh :thumbup:

i have 2 females and one male maltese. my first love was a shih-poo.

so i have 4 little ones that run my house and allow me to live here :smile:

oh and i had been trying to get the Lapband for over a year. finally i am here. and hopefully this will get me on the road to a healthier life and get off some of this medicine. so yes i have very high hopes:)

Hope this didn't bore you all. guess i was kinda venting :cool2:

Malteselover. Never worry about boring....We are all in support of each other on here. If one don't catch you the other will. You have just the attitude to succeed. Hang in there and try to stick as close to the band rules as you can.You will do just fine.

Julie, had trouble with the work email. Used the other, we'll see what happens. When I click and it doesn't work I am at a loss for the most part. I should be more computer savy like Malteselover.

I am feeling much better, love having a little restriction to stop me from eating like a pig ! Dr. H is fine, never had a problem talking with him. He is nice too. He does try to get you to exercise more !

Well, I just got back from my appointment to get a fill and didn't get one because Dr. H. said my port was flipped. I am so very disappointed. I feel like i have done something wrong but he said that it just happens and that I didn't do anything to make it happen. Anyway we're going to wait on ins. to see if they require an x-ray before they schedule anything. He said it was just a minor procedure...has anyone else had their port flip? Please give me info!

On another note he told me I wasn't eating enough and to stop eating so much cheese! I love cheese and was thinking it was ok because of the Protein but he said too much fat! Anyway I'm still working on the "reprogramming my mind" thing!

aligmamma, what procedure? Are they going to fix your flipped port or do the fill under fouro or what? I am being nosy. How many fills have you had? I guess it flipped since the last fill?? Sorry you hit this snag in the road. When are they going to do the "procedure?"

Hello everyone! If been SO long since I posted. I'm really have difficulty staying in the box. I was a year out in July. When I went in for a fill in September I hadn't lost anything. They put a little in but I still have NO restriction whatsoever. I NEED HELP! I'm wanting to eat (as I say everything that isn't nailed down). I have no feeling of fullness and am grazing. ANY SUGGESTIONS???????

aligmama will it be done in the hospital, i had my tubing repair and it was at the hospital, but i have read about some things being repaired under at local in the office(not dr h or dr k, but just some things i have read on the board)

dr. h said it could be done in the office but he prefers to do it at the hospital so i guess that's where it will be done...now i guess it's the waiting game...thank God i'm not hungry!

sept seems to be the month several of us lost our restriction. weird. i got mine back thank goodness but it took three office visits! Hang in there. i thought i had messed up the band or had a leak, etc. Stress was bad thru that. Now i can start over with the band. I better start losing again too.

Hello everyone! If been SO long since I posted. I'm really have difficulty staying in the box. I was a year out in July. When I went in for a fill in September I hadn't lost anything. They put a little in but I still have NO restriction whatsoever. I NEED HELP! I'm wanting to eat (as I say everything that isn't nailed down). I have no feeling of fullness and am grazing. ANY SUGGESTIONS???????

is it to early for another fill? i think i would call and see if i could get another.:party:

alig.. i hope all goes well for you. maybe he said you were not eating enough because you have lost so much so fast? just curious :Dancing_biggrin:

I was eating yogurt for Breakfast 6 oz...it was almost a cup.

for lunch i was eating cheese and crackers or a Protein shake--the shake was fine but the cheese wasn't enough....i just wasn't hungry till later in the day....then i would eat dinner at about 4 or 5...he said between 4 and the time i woke up was too long to go without eating even though i wasn't hungry. So i'm going to eat dinner at 6....i was just scared to eat any later because i had 2 bad cases of reflux and they said it was because i ate too late....but i guess i just overcompensated! So i'm going to change all eating habits today!

I was doing a yoga class once a week and lifting weights 3 times a week and cardio 2 x's a week....so i'm changing my workout routine..no more yoga i think it was too much pulling on my "core" He didn't say that was the reason for the flipped port but i can't help but think it was part of it. since it's so nice outside i started my first walk outside this morning....will continue the weights but no crunches. Let me know if any of you have any other ideas!

aligmamma, when are they going to fix your port? Will you have to be put to sleep or will it just be a local? I am trying to figure out how they are going to get in there. If they do it laproscopic like they do when you get your band, I guess you have to be put to sleep? I know it isn't as big a procedure but just trying to figure it out. Maybe they will go ahead and give you a fill while you are in the repair process. Let us know when you find out when you go. Take care.

Tpagern, glad you got everything straightened out. I go see Dr. H on the 6th. I am thinking about getting my band and port checked too. I am not sure but I am hoping they can look at it under flouro or xray or whatever is simple. I don't want to be put to sleep. Seems like someone on here had that done. I think lo2us had it done but I believe she had to be put to sleep. What do you know about that when they take a look.? Or anybody?

Vipertireswife, just call the office and tell them you feel as though you need more. They like for you to weight at least 2 weeks I think. I believe they mentioned that at a support group meeting. I can always tell right up front about my fill but I have heard many say it may take a couple of weeks to "kick in" I never understand that. Whatever is in there is in there, I don't understand how it changes. But of course as we all know, everyone is different. Take care.

Ali, I hope that it's something simple and can be repaired fast. Please let us know how everything goes.

I have been doing strength training (really been lifting some heavy stuff) and a lady told me that her son told her not to lift heavy but to lift light just do it repetitious (she does repeats each machine 20 times). Dr. H told me to do some strength training but he never said that (guess he thought I'd know):smile:. She said that we want muscles but not like the men and that she was losing. She also does cardio. Has anyone been told this?

I have been doing both just about 4 or 5 days a week and I'm burning myself out. I remember at one mtg, Betty said that we need to exercise 5 days a wk. I called for a fill cause I am able to eat everything (I had good restriction for over 2 months). I have lost inches and I think some weight, too, but for some reason those dang :cursing:sliding scales at the center says different. I'm hoping that the ones at the office says someting different next week.

Sorry to whine for so long.:biggrin: