Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hey everyone! Just wanted to check in here and say hi and ask a few questions.

1.) Where in Wadley hospital is the meeting being held on this coming Monday night? And from what time to what time? Like is it from 7-8 p.m.? Do I need to bring anything (like a notebook)?

2.) Have any of you who've been banded by Dr. H and/or Dr. K had a hiatal hernia which was taken care at the same time you were banded? Just curious as to what the doctors do if this were to happen? Is there a way to know if you have this before hand or do the doctors just find out while they have you opened up? Anyone have this experience?

3.) Does anyone know of a good chiropractor here in Texarkana?

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing okay. Would love to hear from anyone! Everyone is in my prayers! Take care!

~M :biggrin:

sugarbear... I saw you at the meeting , I was in the back by the wall. I stopped after the meeting to talk with amy and never saw you again. I was in a hurray though.

I might be too tight, it is hard to tell, yes I still want to eat more, that is soooooo hard. I do slime more than i should. I am seeing that if i chew really really good and slow down it is okay. One bit and then waiting a few minutes is just not normal, but I am trying to get it down. Restriction does remind you of this. I know I am not drinking enough fluids, hair is dry, skin is dry, getting constipated etc. I am in between the too tight and sweet spot I think. I cannot drink anything cold. How do you ever adjust to just a few bites and not feel deprived of eating !! Ya'll tell me this, okay !

I am thinking about hiding my scales too. I made the 50 pound mark and I dont want to keep jumping on there everyday and watch it go up and down a pound. LOL Yea 50.... on the way to big 75:rolleyes2:

Chuckles.....wadley at the front entrance. 7pm till 8 pm. 2nd monday of the month. if you have a hiatal hernia you can get the band at the same time. This is the only surgery that can be combined with the lap band. I tried to get my gallbladder done at the same time but couldnt, had to wait to heal then get the lap done. hang in there. if i had had the hiatal hernia, i would have saved some money on my self pay.

Chuckles.....wadley at the front entrance. 7pm till 8 pm. 2nd monday of the month. if you have a hiatal hernia you can get the band at the same time. This is the only surgery that can be combined with the lap band. I tried to get my gallbladder done at the same time but couldnt, had to wait to heal then get the lap done. hang in there. if i had had the hiatal hernia, i would have saved some money on my self pay.

Hi Teresa, thanks for the info. So there isn't a meeting on Tuesday (Jan. 22nd?) It was last week? I went to to the doc's website and I thought it said there is one on the 22nd. Maybe I have it mixed up?

M

Teresa....... it's supposed to take you a long time to eat. You are supposed to eat your 1/2 cup while others are pigging out. lol Dr. H says 30 minutes. Cut your stuff into pencil eraser size bites. Eat one at a time and chew them until they are mush. I know.....easier said than done. Wait a little while between bites. So you can tell when you're getting satisifed. I'm guilty of not doing it too, but those are some of the things we are supposed to remember when we eat. Right? Don't think of it as being deprived, it's PORTION CONTROL!!! lol Smaller portions means smaller you! lol

Yall have a good day! Don't forget the "B" . lol

lisa

Listen to Lisa, she's helped me get through the tightness!

Okay ! I tried this yesterday and today and it is WIERD but is working. Dont know if I will ever not want to sit and eat a "regular" hamburger or something. Thanks for the support. I need it. I guess I am like a alcoholic, the wanting part never leaves but I have to realize what the "bad" thing is doing to me which is eating like I use to do. It is hard to eat out but I am trying to eat a nibble or two and wait. Seems to be better today. I am getting the "is that all you are eating" from everyone. I have no idea how many calories, dont even want to try to figure it out. I feel fine though. More energy than ever. I know... box, box, box !

Way to go Teresa! Now you are getting it. I don't count calories anymore. Unless I think I'm not getting enough. I usually keep a journal for a week or two just to make sure I'm getting enough. I count Protein grams instead.

I missed the meeting tonite. Yall are not going to believe this. A (*$%^%#@*&@!) year old woman with an ear infection. I am trying to stay out of the cold air. Sorry Glo. I didn't want to start hurtin again. I sure don't remember ears hurting this bad. I would have liked to have attended.

Talk to yall later.

lisa

Good morning everyone,

I need your help NOW.

I had a fill yesterday and it was a bit much, slimmed all day, then went back and they took half out. I slimmed a bit going home, but went to bed and I haven't slimmed this morning. Drinking hot tea and sips of Water. I feel so different. I know that my stomach is probably swollen. It's a different feeling and I'm taking it easy today and tomorrow, drinking H2O, cause I don't want to dehydrate.

glo becareful take care of yourself and keep in contact with deb and the dr. office. i don't have any advice because as soon as they took my fill out when i was to tight i got immediate relief. don't try to tough it out if you think you are too tight get back up there but hopefully it is just you are swollen and it will improve as the day goes on.

Hang in there glo. Do go around being miserable.

I'm bummed because I've worked out 6 times in the past two weeks and have gained 3 lbs! ACK! TOM is here to boot. I know I know...I did cheat with a rice krispie treat...and I think I'm eating more than 1/2 cup. :rolleyes2: Hopefully, it's just taking a while to get that metabolism going....I get a fill on Thursday...maybe it will be a "sweet" one. Lisa, stay on me to eat slow....I think it's been my downfall!

Hang in there glo. Do go around being miserable.

I'm bummed because I've worked out 6 times in the past two weeks and have gained 3 lbs! ACK! TOM is here to boot. I know I know...I did cheat with a rice krispie treat...and I think I'm eating more than 1/2 cup. :rolleyes2: Hopefully, it's just taking a while to get that metabolism going....I get a fill on Thursday...maybe it will be a "sweet" one. Lisa, stay on me to eat slow....I think it's been my downfall!

Lo2us, didn't you get too tight at one time? Did you get some taken out? Did you still have to sip until the swelling went down? Sorry to ask so many ??'s.

Hippmom, I'm at wk, and I don't have the # at the office. I just feel different.

Good morning again everyone,

Thanks Hippmom and Lo2us, I feel much better now. I think that I was weak and now I'm sipping (and I do mean sipping) on some chicken mini noodles Soup (only sipping the broth) and it's going down slow, but going down. I am still a little weak, but I can somewhat feel my strenght coming back. I think I will drink some Water later, but not let it be cold. I haven't slimmed at all so far, so I guess everything is okay. I just didn't know how it feels to be at good restriction. Again, thanks for all your help and concerns.

Lisa, now I don't have to worry about staying in the box. LOL

I'm happy to say, I lost 6 #'s even over the holidays. Dr. K was impressed. I almost hit the floor cause I thought I had gained.:rolleyes2:

Be bless and have a good day.