Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

some people have to work and go to Walmart late at nite,lisa!!!! yeh glo where are you?????

lisa if i could figure this friend business out i'd invite you to be my friends (i have one i don't even know) oh well someday i guess i will figure it out!!

I dont think we need to chill... i think we need to keep moving.lol I spent alot of money too. Gonna take me years to pay it off. I expected more and I will get it !! I havent lost since march.I lost 25 before the surgery counting the 10 i lost, then 15 on the preop. So that means after the surgery I have only lost 28 pounds. No, i havent gained more than 5 or so pounds without losing it again.

We must have to get mad to get where we want...I am definitely mad right now. LOL. Something I am doing is wrong.. when i figure this band out and quit

fighting it I am sure I will start losing again.

Edited by tpagern

Hey, everyone.

Lisa, congrats on your new home. I'm sorry about the "funk". You will be okay. Some of us are just slow losers. Just think you are 61 pounds minus instead of plus. I could only hope to lose that much. I think that I'll line my box with scriptures. I need much prayer. LOL

Hippmom, sorry about the a/c. I hope that you have it repaired by now cause it's sho nuff hot. Have you seen Lou? I talked to her Tuesday. She said that she loves her job.

I know that I have asked this before, but when we make one yr and we have not made "goal", and God knows we haven't gotten to the "sweet spot", can we still come every six wks?

i had my surgery on may 23rd so it's been 3 full weeks. Ms. Betty said it would be ok for me to go swimming so i went today at my mom's. i guess i stretched the wrong way and i had a sharp pain in my port area. I may have overdone it yesterday because i worked 2 weddings yesterday (im a photographer) I thought surely i would be ok. But now when i turn my body a certain way or bend over i feel that pain again. I hope i haven't done something bad!

Peri,

You still have to be really careful about the port area. It will take a while for it to heal and "scar" into place. It will be sore from time to time also. I'm short and mine still gets sore when I accidentally mash it against the counter top. (I'm about 18 months out) If Mrs. Betty said it was ok to go swimming, then it must be ok. Just be careful and not strain yourself too much. Sometimes the port flips making it hard to get fills. I'm not trying to scare you. I promise. It just takes a little time for the port to heal. I think that is the spot that takes the most time to heal after surgery. I know mine was sore for several weeks after my surgery. I don't think you did anything bad. It's just a tender spot for a while.

Teresa, I'm with you. I'm mad now! Got on the scales this mornin.... 2 more pounds! I'm getting disgusted with the whole thing. I was so tight when I went to the Doctor earlier this month and when he took out the least little bit (.14? that ain't even a drop!) I feel like I'm wide open again! I think I would rather be too tight than like this. At least I wasn't looking for something to eat all the time!

Glo... I'm with you on lining my box with scriptures also. I think I will find several Bibles and put in there. Then I would have lots of reading and comtemplating materials in there. Might take my mind off things!

Yes, I think you can still come every six weeks after the first year. Ask them if you can. I'm going every eight weeks now. I might look into going back sooner this time, since I can't control my weight anymore!!!!!!! :biggrin: uuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Yall stay in your box and drink your Water.< /p>

lisa

lisa.. right there with you. I cant get the scales to go down !!!!

I guess i will get a tiny bit out. i was going in last week but it seemed to loosen up so i decided to wait. well, sat night couldnt eat and keep it down, same thing all day sunday. then it even hurt a little. Guess I had some swelling with the pb'ing. I thought I had figured that part out. LOL.

I cant say I GIVE UP cause I cant... its in there ! Thank goodness !!

I guess that SWEET SPOT is very hard for some of us to find. I didnt think my brain would be needed sooooo much with the band. LOL.Are you still measuring your food?

I am afraid i wont be able to get enough fills in before my one year is up. How much does it cost ??? I want to be at the right amount at least for a little while. I am dreading having to pay.

You new bandsters, stick with the rules and develop the right habits.

Teresa, I quit measuring my food a long time ago. (when I was losing very well) I have a little bowl and a very small plate that I eat off of. I use them and I know I'm getting the right amount. Now, when we go out to eat, I just eat a small amount. I know when to quit. I have learned the sign. I have a very small pain when it's time to give up. Sometimes, I have a hiccup. Then, it's time to quit. Not another bite. If I do, it's PB city. Haven't had one since I had that little bit removed from my band, and that part is very nice, but it seems like my 1/2 cup is not satisfying me. Who knows.... but I'm like you. I can't quit now! As for the cost of the fills, you might ask one of the other self-pays. Mine are covered by insurance. Thank you, Jesus! I just have to pay my co-pay for my fills.

I agree, all you newbies. Develop good habits early. It is vital to your sucess with your band. I tried so hard the first few months and got into some habits that I didn't necessarily like at the time, but now they are old habits and I don't even think about it now. Drink your Water, follow the "box" rules that Mrs. Betty gives you. They are common sense rules anyway and not that hard to follow if you try.

Well, that is the sermon for the day!

Yall stay in your box and drink your water!

AND have a great day!

lisa

tp if my fills are done in the office it is 150 but most of the time it has to be done a hospital (if you have read my old post i am a problem child for dr h) it is another 150-175. so i am VERY tight and have been since feb but i refuse to get an unfill being this tight is the only way i have been able to lose. i have to be very careful not to eat late in the pm because of reflux and i can eat very little but on the up side i am never hungry just in my stupid head!!!

I guess I cant be trusted ! I am going back to measuring my food again. I use the tiny plates MOST of the time, but I quit using the baby spoon. I have my own rules, I am even going to write it in the box rules for myself again. PUREE food in mouth, etc. I will even try

more Water, lift weights etc. I got 1/2 of my last fill out, will see if

that helps too. Those fills sound expensive. Hope I am at my sweet

spot now.

Hey y'all,

Just checking in from VA. Dr. H took some out of my band right before I came home 3 weeks ago, I can eat anything now. But believe it or not, I've lost 2lbs (and thats with the shoes on!) I'm much more active than I am during school though, I hope I can keep it up.

I had a nsv this week...I ran a 7 minute mile on the elliptical! I started out at 14 minute mile in Feb! I also ran a little over 6 miles on Tuesday. It's so amazing that I can move!!!!! :rolleyes2:

hey guys i hit 60 lbs today and also try on some 16 shorts that were tight a couple of wks ago and they are very comfy almost lose!!!! tp and lisa like i said you just have to hang in there on the slow times 'cause when things start moving again it is a good feeling!!!

i have been on vacation this week and will be off next wk too, just hope i can keep out of the food while i am home alone. i am seldom hungry but i still crave chocolate and it goes down very easy i try not to keep it in the house but sometimes i just have to give in!!!

need to work on getting my h2o in

oh yea i didn't change the old ticker cause it seems to good to be true i think i wll have to give it a test of time maybe i will change it next wk if the scales are still being nice!!!!