Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hey,

My surgery is coming up quick...this friday the 23rd. I am scheduled to sing at church that sunday....how many of you were out and about 2 days later?

aligmamma, I went shopping after I was dismissed from the hospital after my surgery. lol BUT... you might be a little sore Sunday. The incision site where the port is placed will be the main spot and it will stay sore for a couple of weeks, maybe more. But it's not as bad as you might think. The site itself is about 1 to 1 1/2 inches long. But the port is sutured to the muscle beneath, so it's very tender. Just have to be careful about lifting things. Hope you don't have to hit very many high notes. And I hope you don't have to be very high up in the choir loft. You will probably be ok, just take it easy.

Good luck on your surgery. Hope everything goes well. And if you need us, we're here, k?

lisa

Oh, and one more thing. You might be a little sore from the gas that is used during the surgery. Stay on top of that one and walk as much as you can.

ljg

HEY LISA

is it drying out yet????

glo i see you how's is going??? are you missing lou bad???

Yes, Hippmom. I miss her so much. I still keep in contact with her. I know it will really hit me when school starts back cause I won't have anyone that I can clown with.

How is everyone doing?

Lisa, I'm trying to stay in my box. I am drinking so much Water that I could float a ship. LOL

I am now riding my bike at night. You all should se me. I go over to the "Bull Pen" (I live across the street from it) and ride like the wind. LOL

Lisa, I need a partner in crime.

Hey Glo, I'm sorry you mis Lou. I bet she misses you too. I wish I could be your partner, but gas is gettin so high, I'm gonna have to start staying at home more. We will have to find you someone closer to you.

Susan, did you get wet this morning? I'm wishin for some dry weather for a few days now so the ground will dry out so the mold or whatever is causing my nose to be a faucet will go away! Man, I didn't know a nose could run that fast! lol

Yall take care!

lisa

LOL, I know what you mean Lisa about the gas prices. I am soooo happy about school ending soon (next wk). I guess I have to become a loner :lol:

But I have to "man up" (that's the term the students use) and move on. LOL

We didn't get any rain (in Daingerfield). I don't know if Omaha got any. We need it cause Dennis has a garden (I said Dennis). I don't go near it much, I don't like outside or heat. Deadly combination for me called sweat. :rolleyes:

I have started doing my exercise inside now and I ride at night.

I know "stay in the box", yadda, yadda, yadda. LOL

Hippmom, maybe I'll you at one of the master gardeners mtg when Lou invites me again.:tongue:

I hope you all are doing okay. It's been so crazy the past couple of weeks. I'm still working on that darned paper, but I wanted to check on you and see how you're doing! Good luck with surgery... I've had teeth cleaning that hast hurt worse! If you're recovering, just hang in there!

hey hey hey l2 don't be stepping on toes!!!!! you may remember i am a dental hyg!!!! LOL

yeah glo you need to come to a mg meeting so you can catch the digging in the dirt fever and help your dh in that garden (sweat washes off)lol

Well, my surgery is over and i guess i'm doing o.k. The gas pains are horrible! And I cannot burp. When I try it feels like my stomach is turning over. The surgery was yesterday and i walked a little every hour. I also walked alot today. I am having trouble breathing in that machine...i feel like i can't catch my breath. I am only half way to the mark i was at before surgery. I've not been hungry at all...i know this won't last too long!

I've lost my voice. I'm not sure if it's from the surgery or from me screaming to the top of my lungs Thursday night. We had a very bad storm thursday in texarkana and i was at a friend's house. I had just pulled up to drop off some pictures and left the kids in the car. I walked in and put the pictures on the table and was just about to leave when a massive tree from the yard next door crushed my trailblazer with my kids in it! That was the scariest moment of my life! I ran outside and couldn't get to the car door and then ran around the back to try to get to them but the tree was so big it was in the back too.

I could hear my daughter screaming and saw her orange shirt outside of the car so i knew she was ok....with the help of some great friends we got her and the baby out of the car. No one even had a scratch on them. The tree crushed the passenger's side in . When i entered the house before it happened my daughter was sitting in the front seat. But GOD intervened and she got scared and climbed in the backseat with the baby right before the tree hit! God is great and i just have to let everyone know!!

Thanks for listening!

peri

peri yall are blessed! I was driving around in it, called my mom to warn her. Neighbor across the street got a large tree on top of her house! No one home, so everyone okay.

Hang in there and keep walking. Glad to hear all of you are okay.!

WOW, God was watching over them! Hang in there, the next few days will be a little rough, but this time next week, you'll be feeling MUCH better.

I'm starting to feel a little better today...it's day 3. I coughed yesterday and thought i might die...but i didn't.....my incisions don't really hurt...except for the bigger one for the port...man that is sore! The gas-x strips don't seem to be helping but i'm still taking them. I have found that i like the broth from chicken noodle Soup much better than plain broth....that was getting old. I still can't drink much of it...i've probably had about 3/4 cup yesterday and today.

I took a bath this morning and was very careful around my incisions. It wasn't too bad. I got out of the tub ok. I was just glad to have a bath!