Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

lisa good to hear from you will you be at the support meeting this month and i can/t remember if it is this mon or next i'll have to call someone tomorrow and find out!!!

mother is a strong woman and she will is ok just a little lonely.

my daughter lives in irving and she has a dog she is going to visit a friend this week so we are dog sitting for dog her, my dogs call her the dog from hell because she upsets everyones routine while she is here. cant wait until i

get to take her home next sunday(we dont have grandkids just a granddog)

one of the girls at work is doing weight watchers and since i'm not losign

she has talked me into trying it too we aren't going to meetings just trying to follow the plan!!

susan

Susan, good luck with the granddog. I hope she doesn't upset the routine too much. And good luck with the weight watchers. You can do it. I know you can. Let me know about the meeting, k? I need to go, or I will be in trouble. Talk to yall later!

lisa

Hi Hippmom. I noticed you said you aren't losing. You were just banded in July '06 ! 6 months. Wonder why? I am seriously considering banding, But that scares me.......... Yikes! Hope all goes well for you. I have done WW along with MANY others. That is why I thought I wanted to be banded.

Hi Hippmom. I noticed you said you aren't losing. You were just banded in July '06 ! 6 months. Wonder why? I am seriously considering banding, But that scares me.......... Yikes! Hope all goes well for you. I have done WW along with MANY others. That is why I thought I wanted to be banded.

sweets and chocolate go down just fine and i'm still not filled to my sweet spot it is just taking a while to get there i go on the 15th for my 4th fill and hopefully this will be the one :welldone:

my mother always said i couldn't follow the rules for anything!!! i think that was her way of saying i'm stubborn. i wanted to loss the weight by just eating less of what i have always ate and not really make changes in my diet but to loss you have to diet and that has just sunk into my hard head so i trying to do ww and exercise more. i walk 2-3 miles 3-4 times a week. and after next fill i hope the weightloss will pick up and also my thyroid and hormones(menopause) and age has probably made some difference too.:think

Just got a chance to read the boards after having been gone out of town till just before time for the meeting last night,( to respond to a question about meetings in Texarkana, they are on the second Monday nights of the month), so I am a bit behind in responding. I am from Hope, so Texarkana is just a hop away. I usually go there at least twice a week for something. Since my son and daughter in law live and work around there I look for an excuse to go. Had a good meeting last night. I really enjoy watching folks get their pins, since I know what a sense of pride they must have in themselves to have reached their goals, pound by pound. Some are sooner than others, but everyone has their own pace. Keep everyone posted about yourself. Mizboo:clap2:

Hi wish412. I have gotton my approval from my insurance. Actually didn't take long. I am trying to find out what I am going to be out of pocket. I have ar blue cross blue shield which pays 50%. But can't get it figured out what they contract for. (write off). I just want to get a good estimate. But that seems impossible. I have talked to Wadley and they finally said I would Owe them 5000 IF the surgeons get in and out without any problems...hernias ect. I guess I will call the anesthesia people next and see what they say. I think I know what I will have to pay Dr. Keilin. They were the only ones that were cooperative about the money issue. The hospital said they just couldn't really say for sure. It is just that I don't have so much money that I can do it whithout being in the know. I never bought anything without knowing how much it will cost and that is what they seem to want you to do. thanks for everones help on here.

how is the weather up your way i suppose to be there tomorrow at 8 am for a fill just hoping the ice want be an issue because i really want this fill

We have a freezing rain advisory after midnight tonight. We are along the edge of the stuff comming through. Maybe it will miss us. I hope you get your fill. Maybe if it is bad in the a.m. you could ask to come later in the day. The temp has really fallen in the late afternoon today. At one point early afternoon it was 61. Now threat of ice. Weird.

I am still trying to find out what this surgery will cost after insurance. I would like to set a date but I am going to talk to my insurance Tues. to see if I can get a closer estimate. I think they will be closed for MLK holiday tomorrow. Good luck with the fill.

I just want to thank all TEXARKANA BANDSTER'S for all your replies and feedback on so many subjects. I think this is a great help for all of us waiting to be bandster's. Keep em comming. Thanks everyone!

I also have an appt. on Monday for a fill, wasn't thinking I would need it this time, but after eating ALL weekend long I think I might need to pump up the volume just a tad. Man, everything we did this weekend centered around food, Italian once, mexican twice, and one pot luck with birthday cake thrown in just for good measure!!!! Boy, is my belly full!! We will see what the doctor says. I have lost about 12 lbs since my last fill on December 11th, so he may want to hold off. I hope the weather allows me to get to Texarkana with no problem. Hope all goes well with you Hipmom, and hope you get all your insurance stuff together,Sugarbear, as I know finances are probably the biggest concern going into this thing. Most folks can deal with the band, but not with the excess expenses. Keep in touch ya'll. Mizboo

Hi again wish412. I believe you are the one that told me you had ar blue cross blue shield. Have you figured out how much you were out of pocket all total? Hosp. doctor, anethst. ? I believe we have the same insurance. I believe you may have said your husband is going to do it too? If so I hope all goes well for him too. Thank you so much for all your info thus far. It has been a great help. I am just trying to wrap up this money thing. If so I think I am going to shoot for a date the end of Feb. I have so much going on between now and then, thought it better to wait til things slow down. I have to be out of town ect. Thanks again

Hello!! I was banded at Wadley on December 28, 2005 by Dr Keilin. She is wonderful and her husband Dr. Heiker is, too. Their staff is very professional and have always been extremely nice and supportive. I am a slow loser, :phanvan but it is ok, because when I finally started to loose it came off slow and steady. I have lost 69 lbs, and need to loose about 25 more. It took me several months and fills to finally start making progress. It has gotten a little harder now (I am hoping it was from the Holiday eating), but I am determined to get the 25 lbs off. So, everyone wish me luck, and I'll be thinking about you guys, too. It is so good to read about people that are close to your area going through the same thing. Everyone have a wonderful day!!:P

hello Trichard. Congrats!! Sounds like you are doing great. Sounds like you are way too determined to let that last 25 lbs. get to you. Good luck, you can do it!