Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

Hello February sleevers!!! What kinds of Protein Shakes are y'all taking? I was on Premier Protein but got tired of only choclate!!! Since I can't stand vanilla I was stuck on only choclate :\. But a friend took me to an herbalife shake shop and their Protein shakes r AMAZING!!! 220 calories and 29g of protein. I also take their Vitamins. That's all I take vitamins and protein shakes. Has anybody else taken herbalife??

Hello February sleevers!!!! I was just wondering what kind of Protein drinks are y'all taking?? I was on Premier Protein but got tired of only choclate!!!! Since I can't stand vanilla. So a friend took me to an herbalife shake shop and their shakes r amazing!!!! With 220 calories 29g of Protein oh and I also take herbalife Vitamins. What do ya think?? I don't take any other supplement only their shakes and Vitamins. Has anybody else tried herbalife shakes and vitamins?

My sister sells herbal life but I didn't like the calories. I drink Isopure, I've tried the chocolate, vanilla, banana cream, unflavored and u have mint chocolate but I want to use my others before I open it. I buy from GNC since they have a 30 day full refund, if you don't like a product you can take it back and they give you a 100% refund. I used this with the mango peach, that was so nasty to me.

I've actually switched my sister over to the Isopure after all the months of her trying to sell me on the herbal life. I did do the premier for a long time but I can't stand them now. I really burnt myself out with them.

Overall if you like the taste and they are working for you, then it's perfect.

I have a bunch of Herbalife but don't like the macros except on the plain, flavorless powder. I still drink Premiere because it ready to drink vs having to pull out the blender - hassle.

I agree the Herbalife shakes are yummy but they are mostly soy-based, rather than whey Protein isolate. My instructions were to stuck with the whey-based Protein Shakes. I just bought a new tub of Dymatize Nutrition rich chocolate flavor Protein Shake powder from The Vitamin Shoppe online. Really yummy! However, I don't think it hurts to "shake" things up once in a while. Groan, sorry for the pun!

I always love a good pun.

So I must admit that I've been shocked the last few days. I had given in that I'm to the point where I should not expect to lose big numbers and the last of my weight loss will be slow. Nope, not a chance so far. I've gone from 185 to 182 in a couple days. This reminds me of the early days out and has me more dedicated than ever. It has just gone to show me that if I treat my sleeve right, it will treat me right. I'm hopeful to be at 175 by march, honestly I would be thrilled if I can hit that by my one year mark. At my last apt my surgeon wasn't positive about reaching my goals, not that I couldn't do it but that the sleeve normally nets a 60% loss. I'm closing in on 85% and it feels great.

Edited by JackieV

Yay congrats

Definitely experienced a slow-down during the past few months, but am happy with my over-all progress. I should hit my goal weight before my 1 year surgi-versary. Good luck to all!

Yay!

Why is it- we all seem to be down to around 5ish lbs lost a month now-- anyone able to still get 10 lbs or more a month-- ideas thoughts and suggestions appreciated

I think everyone is different in the way we lose weight. I think for the most part it becomes more gradual as you get closer to your goal weight. Congrats to everyone! I am always excited to read everyone's progress. As for myself. I reached my goal weight in August. I wanted to weigh 130 but now I am 106. I lost another two pounds last week. I have been eating every two hours. In small portions of course but it seems like the more I eat the more I lose. Its weird to hear people calling me skinny. Before surgery, I was at a size 14/16 pants. Now my size 3's are too big.

You must be a petite sweetie! I'm 6'1" so my goal weight is probably your pre-surgery weight! LOL. So funny how we are all so different and yet all have struggled so much with our weight. Congrats on your awesome success!

I am extremely happy with my decision to be sleeved. Honestly since last August I had been losing extremely slow, but for the new year I took a good hard look at what I was eating. I am using the Lose It! app on my smartphone and am staying under the recommended calories and I am happy to report that for the first time in a long time my New Year's Resolution is paying off and I am once again thrilled with the results of being sleeved. I have lost over 100 pounds, but since I am short I still have at least 100 to go but I feel normal again instead of like the fat lady at a freak side show. This has been an amazing ride and I can't wait to see where else it will take me. Now for a small rant... I actually had someone ask me how my skin looks. Uh, none of your business is what I wanted to say, but I just smiled, knowing that at 53 I probably look a lot better than Miss Rude Question Asker does at 75. B) I know shame on me.

I often find myself helping others, when somebody reaches a plateau and gets discouraged. However, I have not lost a pound since Thanksgiving. I have gone through several plateaus, but never experienced one lasting six weeks. Though I have lost 95 lbs so far, I would like to get back on track. I Celebrate my 1 year suri-versary on the 22 of next month. Anyone experience anything similar?

I often find myself helping others, when somebody reaches a plateau and gets discouraged. However, I have not lost a pound since Thanksgiving. I have gone through several plateaus, but never experienced one lasting six weeks. Though I have lost 95 lbs so far, I would like to get back on track. I Celebrate my 1 year suri-versary on the 22 of next month. Anyone experience anything similar?

I did... I stayed at 199-201 for weeks- I broke it and am now at 193.4!

It wasn't the healthiest or prob even the best idea- but it worked for me and got me refocused!

I ate A LOT 1 day-- like over 2000 alot- mostly u healthy stuff...

Then the next few days I ate soup.... That's it-- lunch and dinner was progressive light 100 cal Soups and Snacks were the same some days I added cottage cheese or a serving of Beans

Like I said not healthy-- but it worked...

I have not regreted my surgery for 1 second! Here's me this morning trying on my PJ pants from last year. I'm down 96 lbs.

post-139130-0-28951500-1389632504_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johanna1955

I'm stuck too. Thinking of trying the 5:2 diet that a lot of the Veterans on the forum hear use to break thru stalls or lose when they've regained a bit. Of course if I would stop getting sick with colds and get some exercise that would help too!

I'm stuck too. Thinking of trying the 5:2 diet that a lot of the Veterans on the forum hear use to break thru stalls or lose when they've regained a bit. Of course if I would stop getting sick with colds and get some exercise that would help too!

Hi what is that 5:2?