Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

1 month post op feels good!

You are noticeably smaller all over but especially in your middle. Enjoy!

You are noticeably smaller all over but especially in your middle. Enjoy!

I tell you, that has been a pleasant surprise! Looking forward to seeing the "girls" get smaller! lmao

I'm 4 weeks out this week. I am just coming off of full liquids and can now have pureed foods. I have had pureed chicken with gravy over mashed potatoes' date=' pureed f/f refried Beans with smooth guacamole, and cottage cheese. I plan to try egg salad, pureed chili, and spaghetti sauce with meatballs and ricotta this week. I'm so sick of all the sweet stuff and Protein Shakes that I'm willing to try just about anything that is savory even if I have to puree it. I can't think about it too much or I won't be able to eat it. :-) I also love the lite laughing cow cheeses. They melt smooth and add a good flavor. I added a french onion one to my mashed potatoes and the chipotle one to my refried Beans. It was yum![/quote']

So how does the puréed chicken consistency taste? I'm most nervous about that.

Need advice! Today marks 2 weeks post op. I lost about 7 lbs in the 1st week but nothing at all in the 2nd week. The 7 lbs were more like 10 days worth... What am I doing wrong? I have never heard of a stall this early on! Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Need advice! Today marks 2 weeks post op. I lost about 7 lbs in the 1st week but nothing at all in the 2nd week. The 7 lbs were more like 10 days worth... What am I doing wrong? I have never heard of a stall this early on! Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I had the same thing happen to me. I was sleeved on 2/19 and on the 10th day post op, i stopped loosing. It lasted 8 long days and then started again. I lost 9 in the first 10 days. Dont let it worry u!

I'm so looking forward to moving to the next phase! My 2 week post-op appt is on Wed' date=' and I'm sure the surgeon will give me the go-ahead then for soft/pureed. However, I "cheated" and had one slice of chipotle gouda cheese today and yesterday. Man, is it good. I eat it very slowly, like a treat, and chew so well that I hardly have anything to swallow. I don't feel guilty.

4My2Boys - How is Jerky on the stomach? We have a local Jerky maker here who makes amazing hot jerky, and I miss it. I assume you have to chew a LOT?[/quote']

I am not really a good example because my drs guidelines are way off from the rest. For the most part my sleeve is made of steel. I haven't had an issue with anything I eat.

Jerky goes down fine, I chew a lot but no more than normal. I try to buy the packs that look a little softer. I've tried turkey jerky but found it to be disgusting.

I have to watch myself but I will eat too fast but at this point I know pretty well how much I can handle.

I was sleeved on the 20th same thing I was stuck at 203 for five days at 10 days post op then it started to come off now I'm stalling again. Its frustrating!

I am not really a good example because my drs guidelines are way off from the rest. For the most part my sleeve is made of steel. I haven't had an issue with anything I eat.

Jerky goes down fine' date=' I chew a lot but no more than normal. I try to buy the packs that look a little softer. I've tried turkey jerky but found it to be disgusting.

I have to watch myself but I will eat too fast but at this point I know pretty well how much I can handle.[/quote']

Lesson learned: not an hour later I ate lunch too fast and guess what? I felt like death. Humbling to be revisiting lunch in my desk trash can.

Just joined this great site today! I am searching for some answers and hope someone that has had the same experience can help me. I had surgery 2/11/13! Whoop Whoop! And have lost 23 pounds so far. I lose slower than most too and I think I retain a lot of Water. But, last Friday I was down 26 pounds, then come Sunday I showed to gain 4 pounds!Then Monday I lost 3 of those 4 and then this morning I gained 2 back! UGH! What is the deal? Is this normal? Up and down? I don't think I am consuming enough liquids so I starting really pushing my Water and nectar mix yesterday to get closer to 64oz a day.

I am just getting discouraged because I don't really know what I am doing wrong? Maybe not eating enough calories? Right now I have consumed 711 calories for the day and 65 g Protein, so far.I still have dinner to go, so hoepfully I can get some more calories in. I just feel lost I guess. Any wisdom from anyone here is greatly accepted! Thank you all!

February sleevers: can you please share about how many calories, grams of Protein and carbs, and ounces of Water you are consuming per day and also what your average weight loss is? Also, how much are you exercising?

I am doing about 600-800 calories (usually somewhere in between), 70-80 g of Protein, try to stay under 50 carbs, and 80 to 100 oz of Fluid. I track all of my food in MyFitnessPal.com, and I love it! I do not put a morsel of anything in my mouth without tracking it. I try to stick to 4 meals per day but occasionally will have an extra babybel cheese or something if I have a headache or feel lightheaded.

My surgery was Feb. 5th. I have only been walking but feel ready to get back to Water aerobics and gym workouts (finally).

I have lost about 16 lbs since the day of surgery. I am hypothyroid so figured my loss might be a little slow. I'm happy with this so far, even though we would always like to be moving a bit faster. I lost about 20 lbs pre-op on a 6-month low-cal diet and exercise.

TES,

February sleevers: can you please share about how many calories, grams of Protein and carbs, and ounces of Water you are consuming per day and also what your average weight loss is? Also, how much are you exercising?

I am doing about 600-800 calories (usually somewhere in between), 70-80 g of Protein, try to stay under 50 carbs, and 80 to 100 oz of Fluid. I track all of my food in MyFitnessPal.com, and I love it! I do not put a morsel of anything in my mouth without tracking it. I try to stick to 4 meals per day but occasionally will have an extra babybel cheese or something if I have a headache or feel lightheaded.

My surgery was Feb. 5th. I have only been walking but feel ready to get back to Water aerobics and gym workouts (finally).

I have lost about 16 lbs since the day of surgery. I am hypothyroid so figured my loss might be a little slow. I'm happy with this so far, even though we would always like to be moving a bit faster. I lost about 20 lbs pre-op on a 6-month low-cal diet and exercise.

I am also Hypothyroid. I had Graves Disease and had a complete Thyroidectomy two years ago and have been Hypo since. I wonder if that is why i lose slow too?

TES,

I am also Hypothyroid. I had Graves Disease and had a complete Thyroidectomy two years ago and have been Hypo since. I wonder if that is why i lose slow too?

It most certainly would have something to do with it, since hypothyroidism affects our metabolism, which in turn affects how quickly we lose weight.

Just joined this great site today! I am searching for some answers and hope someone that has had the same experience can help me. I had surgery 2/11/13! Whoop Whoop! And have lost 23 pounds so far. I lose slower than most too and I think I retain a lot of Water. But, last Friday I was down 26 pounds, then come Sunday I showed to gain 4 pounds!Then Monday I lost 3 of those 4 and then this morning I gained 2 back! UGH! What is the deal? Is this normal? Up and down? I don't think I am consuming enough liquids so I starting really pushing my Water and nectar mix yesterday to get closer to 64oz a day.

I am just getting discouraged because I don't really know what I am doing wrong? Maybe not eating enough calories? Right now I have consumed 711 calories for the day and 65 g Protein, so far.I still have dinner to go, so hoepfully I can get some more calories in. I just feel lost I guess. Any wisdom from anyone here is greatly accepted! Thank you all!

How many calories are you striving to eat per day?

February sleevers: can you please share about how many calories' date=' grams of Protein and carbs, and ounces of Water you are consuming per day and also what your average weight loss is? Also, how much are you exercising?

I am doing about 600-800 calories (usually somewhere in between), 70-80 g of Protein, try to stay under 50 carbs, and 80 to 100 oz of Fluid.

I have lost about 16 lbs since .[/quote']

I had surgery on the 4th. My minimum amount of protein is 60g. I was around 600 calories but I have been really pushing for 800 now. I also had to increase my carbs. I was staying under 30 but I stopped losing. This past week I increases my calories to the 750-800 range and ate some simple carbs, in 3 days I am down 4 pounds. I think my carb value was too low, same with calories.

I had the same thing happen to me. I was sleeved on 2/19 and on the 10th day post op' date=' i stopped loosing. It lasted 8 long days and then started again. I lost 9 in the first 10 days. Dont let it worry u![/quote']

I'm having the same issue, 10 first week, 1 second week... Glad to know I'm not alone;)