Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

As for Back, stomach and side sleeping. My back also bugged me first week. Was ale to finally lay on side, very carefully around 2 1/2 weeks out. 4 weeks out today and I can sleep on ack or sides no problem. Stomach sleeping doesn't work yet.

Feeling alright! Today is the first day I'm starting to feel better and more back to normal. Home alone today' date=' about to take a shower and change the dressing where my drain was. I was down 3 more lbs this morning! How are you doing??[/quote']

So glad you are doing well! I am fine except I feel I have no energy, weak, lightheaded...etc. I just started full liquids today so I had my first Protein shake today...I hope it gets better, b/c I will have to drive soon and need to be ok...hope it's normal at this stage. I walk for 10 minutes or I am out for an hour and I get exhausted and lightheaded and want to hit the sheets...started taking Vitamins today too :(

I so want to crunch on something right now. ;)

I'm with you... the crunching is the only sound that really seems to get to me right now! Would love to crunch into a little salad. I'm on purees/soft foods now, so that's probably why. In about 10 days I get to be on regular foods, so just hanging tight!! The first thing I want to make is homemade kale chips! :) When someone is crunching in my house, I leave the room and get on my computer to see what's going on here! :) Keeps my head in the game, for which I am very grateful.

Having the same problems with my back. I start in the bed and end up in the recliner to sleep. I'm

a side sleeper so this is hard. I have laid on my side a few times but I splint my stomach with a pillow and that seems to help. Others have mentioned a hearing pad for ur back too. Hope you feel better soon :)

it gets better soon! that was the worst part for me post op, bc I'm a side sleeper too. I was sleeping on my side by about 1 week out, and doing so comfortably within 2 weeks. In the hospital, one of the night nurses was so amazing--she rolled up blankets and things and put them under my arms for comfort, which made me feel more comfortable sleeping in my back for some reason.

Okay so had my sleeve done on the 28th and they were very unclear on what to do i was told two weeks of liquids only but i don't know what type? Im confused about that can it be any type of juice or does it have to be specific kinds? Can anybody help with that?

I went shopping at Walmart today just to get out of house. Felt good to get dressed and walk around and browse. One week post op tomorrow. I'm ready for something other than Clear Liquids

I went shopping at Walmart today just to get out of house. Felt good to get dressed and walk around and browse. One week post op tomorrow. I'm ready for something other than clear liquids

Wow shopping! I'm impressed!! Since mine was the same day I'm lagging behind lol

Running a fever now and kinda stressed about that and only getting half of the liquids down

Glad your doing well! :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I got the sleeve on the 28th and I'm having problems getting my liquids and my Meds in. My Migraine Meds are so hard to get down/crush in Jello or pudding. Any suggestions? I'm only three days out please tell me this gets better!

Kelly my nut said to use applesauce whichI have been doing with 1/2 tsp . I am not saying do that just a suggestion to ask your doctor.

Okay so had my sleeve done on the 28th and they were very unclear on what to do i was told two weeks of liquids only but i don't know what type? Im confused about that can it be any type of juice or does it have to be specific kinds? Can anybody help with that?

I was told 100% juice. Sf Jello sf Popsicles broth and some full liquids. Tomato Soup is my friend. Gatorade crystal light and things like that. We where sleeved same day

Surgery on Thursday and I'm still in a lot of pain. Trying to get down as much liquid as possible but it feels impossible. Have some rashes around my incision sites and I feel like I'm constantly still taking pain med. I hate taking them but it seems like the only thing to curb the big incision pain

I got the sleeve on the 28th and I'm having problems getting my liquids and my Meds in. My Migraine Meds are so hard to get down/crush in Jello or pudding. Any suggestions? I'm only three days out please tell me this gets better!

Kelly, did you buy a pill crusher from the pharmacy? They work great! Just a little plastic container with a point inside and you screw on the cap and then screw it back off--pulverized. Like a modern-day mortar and pestle. Very inexpensive!

Kelly' date=' did you buy a pill crusher from the pharmacy? They work great! Just a little plastic container with a point inside and you screw on the cap and then screw it back off--pulverized. Like a modern-day mortar and pestle. Very inexpensive![/quote']

Yes I've done it but the taste is so bad that it's made me dry heave. Is it too soon to try to half the pill and swallow? I'm scared to take these Meds now but I don't want Migraine and complications that could come along

I sent my mom to the store to buy my Vitamins. She came back with Centrum flavor burst adult chews. They look like skittled and taste great. I didn't realize it had 4g of sugar until after i took them. She also bought bariatric support Calcium wafers by twin lab. They also have 4g of sugar. Has anybody tired either product?

Yes I've done it but the taste is so bad that it's made me dry heave. Is it too soon to try to half the pill and swallow? I'm scared to take these Meds now but I don't want Migraine and complications that could come along

I put mine in a little disposable shot glass (they sell them at the liquor store or party store--of you can buy pill cups like they have at the hospital) then add some flavored Water. Stir with a little paring knife (perfect size) and down it. I can't taste anything I take this way except for Ursodiol (yucky) but even that isn't too bad. If there's any residue in the cup I add a little more flavored water, stir it up again, and take another few sips.