Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

Ok I am 5 days post op and one of my incisions scab came off. Should I be concerned? I have another one that is coming up and is leaking what appears to look like puss? Its not warm' date=' tender or anything else like that. Anyone else have this issue?[/quote']

I would call the office. When I went to the ER last night they kept asking about drainage and were concerned if I had any. Always better to be safe.

Yes' date=' I was told to go to the ER last night for a possible infection. Turns out I have a pretty good allergic reaction to the bonding glue. I would ask your surgeon before you treat it. I've been using cream and it's getting better.[/quote']

Glad to hear it wasn't too serious and easily taken care of.

One week post op and I broke into the 250's!!! Haven't been in this weight range in about 4 years. So so excited. What a great day!!

Good for you, congratulations.

I'm now down to 1 day away from my surgery...and definitely feeling jitters also....glad to be apart of this group also!!

Ok I am 5 days post op and one of my incisions scab came off. Should I be concerned? I have another one that is coming up and is leaking what appears to look like puss? Its not warm' date=' tender or anything else like that. Anyone else have this issue?[/quote']

I was told that if there was any discharge to call the doctor. You might want to give them a call...

My Dr told me it was normal to get a little drainage and it might even be a little Brown in color. He told me to call immediately if the discharge had a smell or if the incision site was warm or swollen. It wouldn't hurt to call them though to be sure.

My surgery is on March 1. I know I'm not in February, but your thread I really helping me and eye opening and I have enjoyed every one of your posts. Thanks for sharing all your stories. I'm really excited mine is coming up and yet I'm a bit anxious too. I'm sure that's normal. Still trying different Protein Shakes because Muscle Milk isn't my first choice. Also, I was told to get my Vitamins in liquid or under the tongue type. The Iron drops are enough to make me lose it. What do you guys use? And what about Calcium? My liquid stuff is gross! Help please!

A week out today. Went back to work and boy am I pooped! And head hunger is kicking my butt today.

My surgery is on March 1. I know I'm not in February' date=' but your thread I really helping me and eye opening and I have enjoyed every one of your posts. Thanks for sharing all your stories. I'm really excited mine is coming up and yet I'm a bit anxious too. I'm sure that's normal. Still trying different Protein Shakes because Muscle Milk isn't my first choice. Also, I was told to get my Vitamins in liquid or under the tongue type. The Iron drops are enough to make me lose it. What do you guys use? And what about Calcium? My liquid stuff is gross! Help please![/quote']

As far as I know all of the B12 pills are sublingual or dissolving under your tongue. They really don't taste that bad.

I use the twin labs b12, chewable Multivitamin, and chewable calcium citrate. None of them are awful, but the calcium citrate is the worst. The first few times it took them, I was grossed out. Now they are fine.

costco carries cheap b12, but nothing else in chewable or liquid form.

Awesome to see these stories I go in tomorrow morning. I'm on the bowel prep its not good but I know its for a good purpose and that's ME.

Glad to hear it wasn't too serious and easily taken care of.

I called and they are not worried. they think I just over did it. And due to the incisions not being red, warm or hard they said unless more issue they will see me next week.

My surgery is on March 1. I know I'm not in February, but your thread I really helping me and eye opening and I have enjoyed every one of your posts. Thanks for sharing all your stories. I'm really excited mine is coming up and yet I'm a bit anxious too. I'm sure that's normal. Still trying different Protein Shakes because Muscle Milk isn't my first choice. Also, I was told to get my Vitamins in liquid or under the tongue type. The Iron drops are enough to make me lose it. What do you guys use? And what about Calcium? My liquid stuff is gross! Help please!

My doctore instructed me to take Bariatric Advantage chewable Multivitamin. They are loaded with B vitamins, especially B-12. I have the french vanilla flavor. Let's just say they are not the worst things I've tasted in the last 6 days and I take a sip of Water after thoroughly chewling them!. I was also told that no pill could ever be bigger than a tic-tac, so the MD gave me permission to take my slow-release iron, stool softener, and to cut my calcium into tic-tac size pieces. My blood pressure pill (hoping to get off this soon) is smaller than a tic-tac, so I take that, too. I'm 6 days out and have had no repercutions.

If they are gross, I'd talk to the doctor about alternatives (chewable?). Bariatric Advantage has a bunch of different ones, such as calcium, too. And I just saw on TV recently that Nature's Made is advertising a whole line of "Vitamelts", too. By the way, I have no vested interest or monetary interest in any of these products! Just giving you another perspective. :)

I take Bariatric Advantage chewable calcium chews. They are yummy and taste like I am eating candy (: they come in raspberry, chocolate, citrus (I think) and caramel (my fav). And you grt pieces of "candy" a day lol

One week post op and I broke into the 250's!!! Haven't been in this weight range in about 4 years. So so excited. What a great day!!

Congratulations!

Hey all. I got sleeved Feb 12th and am one week out. overall feeling much better than I thought by now. I am on Clear Liquids until tomorrow then I start full liquids. I am over this clear liquid stage. I actually think I feel a little hungry at times- anyone else? I go tomorrow to get my jp drain and staples out. did anyone else have the drain?