Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I, too, am using the adult gummi Vitamins for now, but I'm unsure if they will be ok to use post op right away. Too much sugar or don't chew up enough? That's something I have to ask. I just went and bought chocolate Calcium, but again I'm wondering if they will be ok after surgery. Any thoughts?

No issues that I know of. I haven't experienced any. I chewed them very good while on Clear Liquids and waited to start the calcium until I was allowed full liquids. I was told you could even such on hard candy as long as sugar free. That's the only way I made it on the plane I took a few days after surgery.

I'm still not sleeping well. I get about 6-7 hours of stuttering sleep and when i wake up i'm still dead tired but unable to go back to sleep. anyone else have this issue?

I'm still not sleeping well. I get about 6-7 hours of stuttering sleep and when i wake up i'm still dead tired but unable to go back to sleep. anyone else have this issue?

Well I never was much of a sleeper anyway. But I have noticed I am sleeping less and less. I'm at about 4-7 hrs

Can you newly sleeved friends please let me know how long your surgery was? Crazy' date=' that I don't know this yet!!!![/quote']

I spent a considerable amount of time being knocked out. My last memory as a full bellied man was someone in the operating room yelling 10:22. I remember seeing the big digital clock on the wall that said 10:22. I was knocked out seconds later. My wife met with my surgeon around 11:45. I remember almost nothing from the recovery room other than waking up briefly feeling very warm with a fan blowing in my face. I made it to my room around 1:30. I was fading in and out of sleep until about 6:30 that night. The nurse said that the anesthesiologist did a heck of job on me. I couldn't agree more!

I started thin purees yesterday and feel much better! I've never felt actual hunger pangs, but starting the thin purees has helped that weak/low blood sugar/can't concentrate feeling (maybe a little bit of being on liquid only, maybe a little bit of ketosis). I had 1/3 cup of pureed oatmeal and no-added-sugar peaches cooked with soy milk and thinned out with almond milk and added 1 scoop of Protein powder this morning and I'm really full and satisfied. I love my VitaMix for this stage of the plan.

My PA told me to think of thin purees as Soups and to decide what I wanted to combine. For lunch I think I will have thin pureed lentil Soup with vegetarian Morningstar patties and some low-fat soft cheese (maybe a little extra Protein Powder if needed). Maybe with a little thinned out Greek yogurt.

The PA wants me to get all of my Protein from food and to give up the Protein drinks completely. And to also eliminate Protein Powder in the solid foods. I'm not sure this is realistic as a vegetarian if I also need to keep carbs down. I asked her about keeping a Protein Drink as Breakfast only and she was insistent that I couldn't. I want to talk to the RD next week and get her take on it (PA isn't very informed about vegetarian diets).

The PA also told me that I need to give up the 20 calories/pack diet hot chocolate that I've been drinking once or twice a day with protein powder (even if I made it with Water and no protein powder--they only allow drinks that are 10 calories or fewer for 8 ounces). She told me that one drink like that per day could result in 15 fewer pounds lost per year, but I figured it out and it's actually 2 lbs. Plus you could modulate something else to make up for it. Right now I am taking in all of my protein and fluids (60 grams or more and 72 ounces or more) and calories are very low.

I want to be--and will be--compliant but feel a little overwhelmed right now. My RD is vegetarian and I think I will feel a lot better after I meet with her!

Can you newly sleeved friends please let me know how long your surgery was? Crazy' date=' that I don't know this yet!!!![/quote']

I had the sleeve removed and then banded. My surgery lasted approx 1 hr 45min. My hubby said from the time they wheeled me back to the time I was in my room about 4 hours.

Anyone only able to sleep on one side? I can only sleep on my left side and of course I'm a rightside sleeper lol. My hips are falling asleep so I decided to try again tonight and yeah... I got stuck in bed so my husband had to pull me out so I could lay on my left side ha

#defeatedbutnotbroken

I'm just the opposite. I can only sleep on my right side. Unfortunately, I am a left side sleeper. So somewhere in the night I unconsciously roll over and when I wake up its honey I need your help again. I have seriously considered sewing a marble into the back of my pajamas so it wakes me up if I try to roll over.

I'm just the opposite. I can only sleep on my right side. Unfortunately, I am a left side sleeper. So somewhere in the night I unconsciously roll over and when I wake up its honey I need your help again. I have seriously considered sewing a marble into the back of my pajamas so it wakes me up if I try to roll over.

I'm 2 weeks post op and can sleep on my right side (where the bigger incision is/was). I have been able to sleep on my left side since about 1 week post op. I hear you on back sleeping being uncomfortable! Sometimes if I sleep too long on the right side, I have a little incisional pain in the morning. It usually goes away after about half an hour--if not, I talk half a dose of liquid Tylenol.

im scheduled for the 26th. Im getting nervous, but mostly im worried about not being able to drink very much. Im a gulper. I love to guzzle down a huge glass of ice water!!!! ugggg. is it worth it?

im scheduled for the 26th. Im getting nervous' date=' but mostly im worried about not being able to drink very much. Im a gulper. I love to guzzle down a huge glass of ice water!!!! ugggg. is it worth it?[/quote']

I was born and raised into a family of iced tea guzzlers. I could down about a gallon and a half a day or more. I haven't had any iced tea post op, but I can tell you it's not a huge deal for me. I'm drinking a little more than 64 oz of Water, crystal light, and herbal tea per day and I'm perfectly fine with it.

This was one of my biggest fears about a VSG too. Dropping 150 pounds and becoming healthy somehow makes the tea guzzling thing seem silly.

the hospital called me this morning to do my pre-registration :) starting to get nervous! Surgery 2/28 at 9:30am. I too am worried about how I'll have to change things as simple and basic as drinking...much less...eating...but I'm ready for this change- and I'm ready to be happy and healthy in my new body- I also will be relying heavily on you all of you to pull me through when I want to cry over ice cream lol

I'm learning so much on this thread! So, a lot of you couldn't sleep on your side post op? I hadn't heard of this and will have to prepare myself for that. What about belly sleeping? Have you been instructed not to? 8 more days for me!

This is my third day in the hospital. I was sleeved on Tuesday the 19th. They're having problems managing my pain. I want Tylenol IV drip, they want me to swallow liquid meds that made me so sick I wet my pants and was afraid of ripping my staples out. They want me to try it again today. I'm like just bring me the Tylenol drip so I can think straight.

Drinking liquids is an issue. I feel like I'm swallowing huge amounts of air which is painful. It passes in a few seconds, but it makes it hard to get liquids down. Same thing happened with Jello.

I'm in a lot of pain and discomfort right now. I'm so jealous of everyone who had no problems with nausea and pain. Hopefully in a few days I'll feel like this was all worth it.

the hospital called me this morning to do my pre-registration :) starting to get nervous! Surgery 2/28 at 9:30am. I too am worried about how I'll have to change things as simple and basic as drinking...much less...eating...but I'm ready for this change- and I'm ready to be happy and healthy in my new body- I also will be relying heavily on you all of you to pull me through when I want to cry over ice cream lol

I'm the day after you. Can't wait and also so anxious! It's going to be worth it, tho. To get off any meds you might be on and to feel healthy will be awesome! I'm also doing it for my kids. They have no idea that mom is having surgery. I just want them those what eating healthy can do. 2 of them are almost teens and starting puberty and its such a crucial time with weight gain at that point. I want to lead by example. I'm so looking forward to the future for al of us. Luckily my children are all trim and healthy, but my poor daughter is beginning to struggle and is giving in to the bad stuff behind my back hopefully watching mom make wise decisions will help her. :). Good luck on your journey!

Yesterday was my big day. In the hospital for one more day. Everything is going pretty much as others have described. I have severe but manageable pain on my right side where most of the instruments went in and out. Today's Breakfast tray consists of Jello, apple juice, and broth. Hope everyone sleeved this week is doing well.