Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Gerbera---I didn't realize that there were different ways to measure glucose. Mine was 170 today and it's supposed to be at 100. Just a little frustrating. All I can think of is like ChubbyGirl said, our bodies have been drastically changed so it's confused.

I'm worried that it's my elevated blood sugars that are "helping" me lose. When your glucose levels are high, my doc says that you "Pee out" about 500 calories a day. So once I get my blood sugars normal again, I'm afraid I'll start gaining. Or I'll quit losing.

Denise---Are you weighing yourself at the same time of day? My weight fluctuates all day and salt really affects it. I think it's the most accurate when I weigh right when I get up in the morning (after I have pee'd of course). I've also heard to weigh only once a week but sometimes that is difficult. I have a hard time not getting on the scale every morning.

Denise---Are you weighing yourself at the same time of day? My weight fluctuates all day and salt really affects it. I think it's the most accurate when I weigh right when I get up in the morning (after I have pee'd of course). I've also heard to weigh only once a week but sometimes that is difficult. I have a hard time not getting on the scale every morning.

I'm the same way - I'm trying to convince myself once a week. Hasn't worked yet in 4 weeks! ;)

I have set myself up for success! My UPS delivery of the bariatriceating.com order came today. (finally!) I have the isosure bottles of the clear-liquid Protein drinks (40 grams)- and they are pretty tasty! I also tried the snack & slim Protein puddings (20 grams)- not bad! They have a bit of that soy-milk after taste, but it's not bad. I have their oatmeal, but haven't tried it yet. It's really high in whey protein, too. I bought the chocolate smoothies in a can- low sugar and 33 grams of protein. The only thing not to arrive are the protein snack bars, but that's OK since I can't eat them yet.

I set all the pretty bottles,... on my big open shelf so I can see them and be reminded that protein is key in all this. And heck- adding two of these products to my diet each day will really supplement my protein intake. (I refuse to loose my hair!)

People keep talking about how weird our bodies are during all this and I totally agree. Two days ago the scale said I'd lost another 3 pounds and today it said I'm up 5. Go figure! I'm totally fine with it, though. Sure, it's annoying not to get a true reading, but the scale is not measuring my fat loss. In the mirror I looked much smaller in my snow pants today than a month ago.

Has anyone noticed how many lapband commercials are on TV lately! Even full-length infomercials. I had lasik surgery two years ago and the prices have really dropped with the popularity. I'm wondering if this will be the trend for lapband.

So our snowday today was georgeous! Siyah and I walked through the hood and played in a school yard. I'm crossing my fingers we have one tomorrow, too. I dread trying to teach hyper 7th graders on a Friday!

Hey- I just saw a commercial for the Southbeach frozen pizzas. They have 30 grams of protein. Not bad for pizza! Of course I am no where near being able to eat it, but I'll keep it in mind down the road since pizza is truly my BEST food-friend. I used to order a large thin crust and eat half or more in one sitting. Who knew a stomach could hold that much?!? Not anymore!!!

Jeri

Hey all - weird stuff going on. First of all, I noticed my face has been getting so dry - anyone else having this? I have always had super skin and this band better not mess it up! Tonight I have super red cheeks. Like santa clause cheeks - right on the apple of my cheeks - so weird - I'm freaking out.

Then yesterday, I get this horrible pain in my lower left abdomen. First I thought I was ovulating so maybe my ovaries are sore... Then for a split second I thought maybe I was pregnant because I remember feeling pain in my ovaries with my son when I was preg. with him. But then I thought oh no, i'm on the pill and the only thing that would mess that up would be antibiotics - then my heart hit the floor because they give you antibiotics in the hospital... i talked to the nurse practitioner about this today and she said, oh no, that wouldn't get you pregnant and I said, i dont' know, i know people who have gotten pregnant that way and she said - oh, you know i haven't thought about that - if i tell the doctor he may panic... They harp on not getting pregnant but they don't warn you to use extra protection this month...

So anyway, no I don't think I'm pregnant because she said that it is not uncommon that you get sore or your muscles pulled in the lower stomach after surgery. I remember the week after surgery I would strain to use other muscles to get out of bed - so that i wouldn't hurt my tummy - and I could feel other muscles stretching. I had thought even then I hope i don't get a hernia or something. So, hopefully I have just pulled a muscle or something... I'll keep you all posted. It's still sore but feeling better.

I just hope my body is not starting to get mad at me for the band! I haven't seen the scale move either and i'm getting a little agravated but i go back to work tues and hopefully it will start coming off quicker with all of the activity. People say not to weigh daily but you just can't help it!

I am sitting here...reading this forum trying desperately not to eat anything else, I have had my limit for the day!!!!!!!!!!! But this is my munchy time. And boy do I ever have the munchies! It is because I didn't get enough Protein today, I know. But I have had 1000 calories and I don't want to eat anything else. I need to get in more protein but I absolutely HATE the Protein Drinks. I think I might try those bullet things because I could probably choke that much down really quick.

Gerbera:

Thank you for sharing your weight loss history. I thought you had lost it all since you got home from the hospital. I did mine in day surgery so I never was hosipitalized at all. I am going to try really hard to stay off the scale. I will get weighed Mon. by the dr. anyway for my post op check. I am so glad you are here and being so supportive! It makes all the difference in the world to have everyone's support here. :huggie:

VABandster

I have just started to track my calories. I had been only tracking my Protein intake. I am careful if I haven't gone potty in a few days to take a stool softner (I know, GROSS) because I don't want to have a problem when it's the time comes. That seems to help. Thank you for writing to me. It makes me feel better when people answer me. ;)

OfferRocker:

I do weigh myself naked in the morning before I get dressed. I am going to try really hard to not weigh myself all weekend and just see what the dr. says on Mon for my first post op appointment. It's really hard to stay off the scale, but it's probably better so that I don't feel depressed if it's not moving. Then I stand there, because it's not digital, and try really hard to see what the little needle is on, almost like I can force it to move if I stare at it long enough.

How are you guys doing the smilieys? On my screen, at the bottom of the last person's post there is a blank spot where it says reply, but the smiley menu isn't there. I have been doing it by typing a punctuation points.

Today I tried the orange juice thing I think I already told you all about. My friend that was banded a few years ago told me. It's a scoop of Protein powder, a carton of vanilla yogurt, some orange juice and ice blended. It was yummy. I am going to try freezing the yogurt next time too though to make it more slushy. I found the ice just seemed to make it watery. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks on liquids. Tomorrow I am going to try the cheesecake sugar free vanilla pudding that I read about on here. It's time to start experimenting, if I am going to do two more weeks of this! I know it was page 67 where there were several recipes for smoothies too, that I need to go back and read.

I am so glad all of you are here. I would hate to be alone in this!

Siyah- We got snow here too on the Oregon coast. It's the 4th time in the 33 years that I have lived here. I work for the schools too, and I am so glad there was no school today, none tomorrow or Monday. I find the days easier when I don't work. Everyone at work is always snacking.

okiefamily,

Have you tried sugar free hot chocolate or sugar free popsicles? They seem to hit the spot when I have the munchies. They are hardly any calories.

How are you getting your Protein without the Protein drinks? It's the only way I can get mine in.

Denise to post smiles go advanced - there will be smilies and then you can look at more .. dancing bananas and all those fun ones.

Thank You Stenphanie!:huggie: I feel like a kid with a new box of crayons!

okiefamily--I know that feeling about having the munchies. I get them at night too when I'm watching TV. I keep hearing that drinking Water helps combat hunger so I keep trying that. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I can't believe how much of a mind thing this is too. Breaking old habits---I feel like I fight a battle constantly in my head --in fact my dogs think I'm nuts. I'll ask them to talk me through a craving. Of course they never answer but I kinda talk myself out of it.

Lucky Girl---I'm glad you said something about dry skin. I've noticed my face being expecially dry. My hands are a close second. In my support group, a woman mentioned that it could be that we're not eating as much fat anymore so our skin is dryer. Made sense but who knows---I'm just tired of being flakey. I've also had some funky little pains here and there in my stomach area. I'm sure everything is just getting back to its normal position after the stomach has been pumped up and things moved around.

Denise---I do something similar with my scale. It's digital but if I don't like what I see (which is ALWAYS), I get off and wait a few minutes and then get back on. As if it's gonna change! I keep reminding myself that before the surgery the numbers on the scale would get higher and higher. I'm happy that now they're not going up even if they stay the same for a while.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I had my surgery Dec 13. My starting weight was 246. I am at 234 which I have been stuck on for a month. My doctor wants me to weigh 150. I am hoping to shoot for 130.:huggie: I go for my first fill Monday, Jan 15.

I had so many questions before I found this forum. I had convinced myself that I stretched my band or it came lose.

I feel like I am having to do all this alone and the band is pointless. I have to choose not too eat more. It really isn't that I am full, I am just dieting. I suppose I am just healing. I thought the band would make me feel full right off the bat. Then everyone says that the fills are what make the difference. I will just wait and see how it goes.

My thoughts were this surgery is suppose to work make me feel full faster, I feel the same as pre-op. I take that back. I can't eat steak (not even 2 sm. bites or pizza crust) It hurts.

Does anyone else hiccup everytime you eat? If I am not hiccuping, I'm burping. My doctor told me Many have trouble burping.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Cgirl,

I understand what you are saying in regards to doing this alone. You really go through some emotional ups and downs post op. For a while I did not feel as though anyrhing was changing. I was banded on the 1st, and felt like I had made the biggest mistake. I am now 20 pounds lighter and feel like I make better choices about food. I have yet to get a fill - so I am eager to hear how yours goes:rolleyes:

Chunkygal- I have these little airy burps all the time. Not the "diet coke" variety, just like I swallowed air and it's rising. No biggie.