Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

okiefamily-- i tried the potato & its really good:hungry: thank you.

LuckyGirl-- you are right about the differences between people . And i know my self well and i feel that wighting another week in liquid is alright , i was tired but the support i found hear and the ability to talk to someone understand your problem is good .

stephC-- thanks for the advise .

Ibrahem - you are welcome.

Kay - where are you? Kay is the queen of liquids - she's almost done with her 4 weeks! I don't know how she did it, I was so ready for mushies by the end of 2 weeks. I think variety is really the key.

Its been quiet lately - wheres B-man and Kay?

Good news! after almost a week of nothing the scale moved a little again! I'm now down 18.4 pounds!

That feels good since I have to go weigh in at the docs tomorrow for my first post-op check up.

Peace all!

Ibrahem - i am so glad you feel better about your diet today. It's mostly mental - you just have to get through it. I think I am going to reverse and start doing more liquids - i just feel like i'm losing more weight quicker with more Protein Shakes and less food! I get busy on tuesday with school starting back up. I'll be running all over campus so surely the weight will start coming off!

LuckyGirl...just be careful about relying on the Protein shakes....I know it may be 'easier' weight loss wise, but you do need to eat solids b/c that is the basis of how the band works...just a little reminder ;-)

I will definitely check in after I get my fill on Friday...I can't Wait!

Ibrahem...glad to hear you're going to stick w/your Dr.s orders. It is weird how every Dr. is different, but you have to follow what yours says. Hang in there and just know you're not on liquids forever!!

Steph...sorry to hear about your friend!! I assume she had GB?? ugh...please let us know how she's doing.

I have to tell you all about how great the band is, even though I don't have a lot of restriction right now!! Last night....I was hungry....starving! and so I went to the kitchen and was out of cheese (my fallback Protein snack)....so I went to the pantry and there was a bag of Pirate Booty (basically like Smartfood or lite popcorn for those of you who aren't familiar). So I open the bag and start eating...not my standard bandster small bites slowly eating, but the old me way of big handful, stuff in my mouth way. So I do that for about 30 seconds and stop......then I feel neaseous....and realize I sooooo can NOT eat this way anymore!! So I put the bag away and just sat quietly on the couch until the icky feeling went away...and said "Thank you Band....for making me stop eating like that!"

So.....even though my Brain hasn't gotten rid of all the old bad habits, my Band is gonna stand tough!!! Sooo glad I got this thing!

Hope you all have a good day!

Kirsten - I'm glad I chose the band too. Theres alot of bad eating habits that we all are going to have to get over. Like I said before I've been eating this way for the past 40 years and I KNOW I need to change my habits if I want to live healthy. Good job!

Luckygirl - didn't you just get a fill? why would you need to go back to fluids? remember this a new way of life not just a diet. Be patient sweetie and give your band time to work.

iS EVERYONE EATING ONE CUP OF food AT A TIME

I AM JUST WONDERING I AM READY FOR A FILL BECAUSE ONE CUP I AM STILL HUNGRY JUST NOT EATING PAST ONE CUP

bk ...i also feel like i could eat more as after dinner im satisfied for only a short while and i know if left too long like this i would be fighting with myself not to have something else..i find having a small scoop of lemon sorbet(very low fat ) really good as it so bitter it kind of disturbs taste buds and cleans mouth of whatever thing you still craving more off ..also im having fill on 20th so im counting days... hang in there

Bk - hows dad? I was eating a cup of food and my dr told me not to. Right now the band is wide open and food is going right thro but when we get filled we won't be able to and its better to eat 1/2 cup more often to develope the proper eating habits.

I tried one of Nat's concoctions - chicken, cottage cheese, alittle bleu cheese and some hot sauce - I'm on reg. foods so although this was a mushy/soft food I was able to add some crackers with it - yummy.

I just came by to say hi and let you all know how I am doing! I am post op day 5 and feeling great! No pain. I do feel really restricted in the morning and in the evening.

I am on my stage of liquids which Dr. Ortiz has revised to be on for 3 weeks. No mushies stage. I can have anything I can drink from a straw, creamy Soups, Protein Drink, but no apple sauce or pudding. I can have solids starting day 22.

Can you all give me your favorite liquid? ?? I had some Anderson Pea Soup, creamy and it was soooooooooooooooo good. It went down really nice and warm. The warmer things go down better and I can have a little more.

Thanks guys!!! Audree

Howdy All :)

I'm feeling a little despondent today, I feel like all this hard work for little show. I need some inspiration today *SIGH*. To be honest I think I'm going through another withdrawal period. food has always been my comfort and my life (hence my size) so when things, work and life are in an upheavel for me I usually eat. What am I to do now? I feel lost. Anyway, I'm having a feel sorry for me moment and you coped my ramble, my apologies in advance. CHEERS to all Happy Healthy Eating.

Keep Up the good work everyone CONGRATS to all. I'm sorry I don't have it in me to personally respond to your messages today. This moment will pass.

va and steph - i'm doing fine after my fill but i don't think i am getting enough Protein. The best way to do that is with shakes plus of course meals. So, I have a shake for Breakfast (30 gms. protein) and i'm full til lunch. Yes, i can have an egg and grits but i'm not getting the protein. Then I can have a small lunch or shake and then a normal dinner. I have been eating mushy carbs and i don't think i'm getting the protein or helping my weight loss so that's why i said i might start relying on more liquids. I know a girl who's had the band for 4 years and she's still having her shakes daily... She's lost 100 lbs. So anyway, just trying to get the 60-75 grams of protein in that the doctor wants and the only way i can see that happen is with more shakes... what do ya'll think?

Gerbera, we all have these moments and yours will pass. This is all new to us and we have to learn to change with the band. Treat yourself to something you love - a movie or a book or something non-caloric and look at the before and after pics people have posted. As you feel your fat melt away hopefully your worries and sadness will melt away too! Hang in there girl - we're with you!

LuckyGirl: *wiping away the tears* CHEERS and Thankyou for your support, your right about others before and after pics, I'll do that, in fact I've saved a site that is so inspiring :) It's these difficult times (and they do come to us all I'm sure) I have to remind myself why I did this in the first place. I was increasing my weight weekly, I had fractured my knee, I was getting depressed and had cut myself off socially, I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabieties, and was fast looking at becoming a disabled recluse. I did not want that for myself. I think this is harder for me at the moment, coz usually it's me supporting someone else. Thanks again. Off to work with my plastic smile. What's the saying? Fake it till you make it :) CHEERS