Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

hi everyone

i have Little question .. my doctor give me my food plan & it said 4 weeks of liquid , then 2 Weeks of mushed food , then regular food.

i read many of the thread in the food section they said just 2 weeks of liquid . I'm really want to leave the liquid stage but i want to be sure first .

another thing , any body solve the cold problem :help: , i feel so cold i hardly wake up in the morning at 6 am:tired . what can i do ?:)

Gerbera: According to wiki, "In Australia, they are known as 'potato gems' or 'potato pom-poms' (also used in the UK and New Zealand). "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tater_Tots

And they are delish! I like mine baked crispy with vinegar on 'em. And lots of salt.

(Damn y'all for mentioning TT... now I have to work through this craving.)

I think I'm going to have a hot tuna whip for dinner...

ibrahem---For everyone of us every doctor has a different diet. So many different plans, some people don't have to do liquids at all. I know it is tough, but if you can, you should follow your dr's suggestions. Try eating different varieties of Soup, homemade is the best. One thing I did was get my favorite spicy soup from a restaurant (potato at olive garden) and strained it, blened up the potatoes, put them back in and it satisfied many a craving. Just do your best!

i dont feel that good . I had (tomato soup) last night with crakers and I woke up with lots of flems and wanting to through up . I am taking only liquids and I feel my stomach kind of sore . I am having Soup again and no crakers little by little with some lime . hopefully that will help .. Has anyone had something like this or simmilar need advice.

Hey all

Ibrahem - I would try to follow your doctors orders but you know your body and how you feel. Of course I was allowed to eat mushies after 3 days but now eat whatever I want and you learn what works and what doesn't - real quick! If it's getting too tough for you - you may want to increase the consistency a little - with a baked potato or something. In the early stages like we are in - something just a little "more" goes a long way for the psychi. I know all doctors are different and our bodies are all different too but I think we are smart enough people to read ourselves and decide what we need - that's my opinion on that...

My port site is sore after yesterday's fill but not too bad!

StephC - if your doctor fills the way you said - I bet you lose quicker than 3 lbs a month! Plus if you're excercising it'll come off quicker.

I tried doing a few sit ups at the gym today and I felt a little pulling in my stomach so I stopped. 3 months sounds like a good idea - I had forgot to ask my doc about abs - glad someone else thought to!

claudia - i wonder if you don't have a bug or something. This long after banding it's weird that you are feeling this way - i think! did you call your doc?

ibraham - follow your doctors orders and we will help give you some tips to get you through - if its really a problem call your dr he may allow you to go to mushies.

Nat- thanks for the tater tot explaination - LOL - your way sounds delish! I considered them a soft food although I only ate a couple and mostly ate the burger mix - anything you can eat without teeth!

Claudia - I agree I think you may have a bug unless you've already got your fill and thats the prob. Take it easy.

FYI - so glad I opted for the band and not gastric bypass - my very good friend is in hospital tonight with a bleeding ulcer - she has 3 kids under 6 and 2 step kids a little older - pray for her, she was throwing up blood, and I know she doens't eat the way she should.

HI ,

THANK YOU .. i am just taking it easy I might have a bug I not hungry I got the runs sorry but I do . and drinking lots of Water and crystal light .

I hope I feel better soon I feel my stomach sore but at least I dont want to throw up anymore nore i did I just had the feeling.

Thank you for your support :):clap2:

G'day all :)

Sneeking another minute while at work. Tsk Tsk Tsk @ Me

Nathalie: Thankyou for your explanation and link for tater tots, now my mouth is drooling. They are similar to hash browns also, I'm sure you could use hash browns as well. Nathalie whats a hot tuna whip?, is that similar to my Tuna Mornay/hotdish?? Please share :)

StephC: ha ha ha @ your explanation of Tater Tots, but yes I got the idea Thankyou for your detailed explanation. :)

Ok Back to work for me - Happy Healthy Eating Folks CHEERS

Gerbera,

I have only been on liquids for a week and a half. I got banded on 12-29 and I am supposed to be on them for 4 weeks. How are you managing for 3 weeks already? If you have any advice, I would love to hear it. It's not that I am really starving, but I am really tired of drinking the same things over and over. I bought some Soup from the dr.- a Tomato Soup and a chicken Soup, which both have 20 grams of Protein. I am so tired of those already. I don't seem to mind the Protein drinks in the day time, but when I get home from work, I want dinner. What are you doing for liquids?

I am still at 9 lbs lost which I have been for over a week. I went to the gym today and could hardly exercise. I am used to doing cardio for over an hour and could barely manage a half hour. I hope this helps me lose another lb. I really feel like if I am only on liquids, I should start to lose again. They say not to weigh yourself but it's hard not to.

Does anyone else have any ideas to share on how to not go insane drinking the same things over and over and over?

thank you, I need help!:phanvan

My cure for food bordom today was to buy a magic bullet blender. I have to say- it's awesome! Great portion controlish cups, easy to clean and it chopped ice REALLY well. I'm excited to try out new recipes and thin out some of the great bean Soups I bought, too.

For dinner I made a smoothie:

Trim strawberry yogurt

Ice

Soy milk

frozen raspberries

plain Protein powder

highly gound flax seeds for Fiber and Probiotics

It's fantastic and not too sweet.

Sue- welcome! Hope you like it here!

I have that magic bullet blender too. It's great. I need to try to make some smoothies. Today I tried the liquid yoplait and it was delicious.

I forgot my dr. said I could have very thinned down oat meal. I had that for dinner and I am very full. too full in fact.

:)

I am now at three weeks banded! I am beginning to realize that 1/2 cup of food is not going to fill me up. I go for my first fill next Monday, jan.15th. Hopefully, that will kill my appetite! I am the classic over eater!

Gerbera, I am on soft foods and I am using the Magic Bullet to chop vegetables before I put them in my Soups. I have made a mexican chicken Soup with chopped chicken, celery, carrots, tomatoes, 1 package of Ranch Dressing mix, i package of taco mix, and some V8 juice and chicken stock. It is really good and has helped me not be so bored with just plain chicken soup.

Also, you can use ground beef in this soup and add grated yellow cheese to the top of it as you serve it!

I have also made a Breakfast quiche with ground sausage, eggs and egg beaters, and grated potatoes on the bottom layer of the pan. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until the middle of the quiche is done. I baked mine in a glass pie pan.

Just thought those 2 recipes might help those who are bored and need a new idea:notagree

I am ready to return to the gym. I was working out 3 days a week before my surgery but my dr. advised that I wait 6 weeks until I start back. I'm not sure about working abs even at 6 weeks? I may just walk and work on aerobic machines.

Take care all and keep the messages coming!

Kathyb

G'day Again Folks :)

I soooooo look forward to my stop into the forum for a read and now to get new recipes YUM! who ever thought liquids and soft food could be so Yummy!!

LuckyGirl: I also started some tummy excercises the past 2 days, but pushed it harder last night. I also felt a pulling & pain. I was quite ill with pain and nausea most of the night and today. I really hope I havn't done any damage. I think I'll wait till I see my Dr again at the end of the month.

StephC: Sorry to hear about your friend in hospital with a bleeding ulcer. It these times that really make you grateful for the alternative decision. Hey Good Call on not choosing the bypass :) I hope your friend is going to be ok :)

Denise822: I'm really rather enjoying the liquids. I'm having a lot of variety everday, for me thats essential. For Breakfast I've been having Different flavoured Yoghurts and fruit juice or tomatoe juice. Protein drinks for morning & afternoon snack (different flavours) For luches and Dinners I have a different Soup most days, mixing (Velish) vegetables pureed with either tomatoe soup, or chicken soup, mushroom soup. Lately I tried thickenning with Low Fat Cottage cheese. Most recently I bought Thicker Chunky Soups (so many different varieties) and blended them, added some V8 juice or vegetable stock to thin them down. Theres no way I can get bored, I can vary the flavours, the thickness how ever I like. I hope some of this is helful for you and you can add some flavour and variety.

Siyah: I love the sound of your smoothie Mmmmmm. My poor hand held blender sounds like it's dying fast, I might look into this magic bullett blender your all talking about.

Kathyb: I've been mixing soups also and I just love the V8 juice :)

CHEERS till next time, keep up the good work - Here's to Happy Healthy Eating :)

Gerbera - I call anything a "whip" if I whip it up in my mini food processor. I am not eating high carbs, so I'll mix up the tuna hotdish (without the pasta) and then heat it up. Thus, "hot tuna whip."

I have a bunch of recipes for whips. Usually with chicken/turkey/tuna/salmon and cottage/ricotta/cream cheese or yogurt and some kind of seasoning - hot sauce, BBQ Sauce, lemon pepper, greek seasoning, dill. My favorites as of late are the greek seasoning ones and the buffalo flavored ones (hot sauce and blue cheese). I eat it from a bowl with a spoon, but some days I really really really wish I had some crackers. Doc says no crackers yet.