Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

For our list, my band date was December 15th in Dade City, Florida. My weight that day was 254. Also, for the record, my name is Lisa (Jonathon and Jeremy are my sons, hence JonandJem). I'm really glad to be here, talking to all of you. It's hard not being in from day one as some of you have built strong relationships already, but better late than never. Good luck today everyone!

Lisa,

It doesn't matter when you join us...we're just glad you did! :(

My "Place" of surgery was in CO, but I"m actually from VA (just so people know)

Okay Ladies! (I was gonna say "Okay bitches" (a la Tyra Banks) but I didn't know how well that would go over! HA!)

STOP EATING JUNK! Remember how we got fat in the first place? A taste turned into 3 helpings. A donut turned into a dozen. A few chips turned into the whole bag. And we know that even though those things taste good, in the long run they make us feel worse about ourselves than we did to begin with. So rationally why do it? Why even have it in the house? Why tempt yourself when we know how weak of spirit we are?

I have committed to eating only lean meats, FF dairy and fruits/veggies. Plus the SF popsicles and SF Jello as needed. No excuses from me. They had muffins and chocolate here at work yesterday, I didn't even sniff it. Why? BECAUSE THAT SHIT IS WHAT MADE ME FAT IN THE FIRST PLACE! Instead I sipped my hot chocolate and gagged down my Protein pudding wad of goo.

We have to get over the taste of food and treat ourselves as we deserve to be treated. I am a treasure, and I will treasure myself. I am worth more than a candy bar or a bag of tortilla chips. I am deserving of health and happiness. I want to look myself in the mirror and not feel a sense of shame or failure. And in order to accomplish that, I. can. not. eat. junk.

I urge you all to challenge yourselves. You're strong enough. You've taken steps to improve your lives. Now live the life that you want for yourself. It's going to take hard work. It's going to take discipline. You're going to have to deny yourself culinary treats. But the end results will taste better and feel better than any morsel of food or any soft and luxurious sofa.

Eat well, and get up off your butts and move. I hate it so very much, but my fat ass was on that elliptical last night for 30 minutes and again this morning for another 30 minutes. I'm tired, I'm irritable and I'm hungry. But I'm going to eat this string cheese and drink this hot chocolate. For lunch I'm having some soupy salmon junk. And for dinner I may eat some more of that egg crap. But I'm getting my Protein, counting my calories and I CAN SEE A DIFFERENCE! I am 2 pounds down from Tuesday's doctor's appointment. Nope, didn't eat pie, but I FEEL FRIGGIN GREAT ABOUT ME!

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my special brand of tough love. My words are for me as much as anyone else here. I am weak, but I am trying to improve my life. If I can't control the things I put into my mouth, I can't control anything.

We can do it girls. We can do it.

Love You All!

Nathalie

LOL! Nathalie! You're words were FANTASTIC!!

I was just thinking this AM about how I have not eaten McDonalds food in over a Month!! For me, I used to eat it at least once a week, so that is HUGE! And I thought "wow...that's a lot of Fat I didn't put in my body...YEAH for me!!" These are the things we need to think about, and realize that we're doing our bodies good (just like the Milk commercial!).

Thanks for that Kick in the A** booster talk! I definitely needed it. I had ice cream last night...which, while I didn't eat an entire pint like I normally could have, I know it is a big no-no for me, so your comments were perfectly timed! Thanks!! and enjoy that Protein Wad of Goo! ;-)

nat- we need a kick in the butt sometimes

I know I do from time to tme.

I am going to the gym today and went the day b4 yesterday so I really need to be accountable for going to the gym thing ...

I am trying to go 4 times a wk.

you ladies kick my butt If I don't he he....

steph- the candy bar the are so tempting and melt in your mouth I know hard to resist remember my milky way story

joe good luck on reaching your goal u can do it

giggles - good luck to you as well

lisa- do not worry about joining late i am so happy u are here

to kay bman and sweethot and everyone i missed keep up the great work we are only just beginning the journey that will change our lives 4 ever

that is a good catch phrase I may use that okay bye everyone going to the gym

I've been thinking about why so many people are fat now when they weren't hundreds of years ago. Besides the obvious lack of movement due to technological innovations, I realize that food is not supposed to taste this way, this good. McDonalds is so amazingly delicious though we all know it is some sick crap. Chemicals! They have created stuff in the laboratory that is like a drug (maybe its even actually addictive - I wouldn't put it past big business) but think of people thousands of years ago. They ate to live, not because they were obsessed with the taste of food. Even in times of Greek binging, it was about the show of excess, the way rappers pour champagne on the floor nowadays. Nathalie, I like what you're saying. If we eat less processed foods, we are less likely to overeat. How many apples are we going to desperately binge on? Not many. Today, I am going to write down every single thing I put in my mouth. If I know I have to write it down, I'm less likely to eat what I shouldn't. It is so hard, but think of what other people in other parts of the world are having to deal with today, and I know we are so lucky to have too much food. It's a blessing and I know we'll overcome our problems with overeating.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 269pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=358 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 65pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3181" width=87><COL style="WIDTH: 68pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3291" width=90><COL style="WIDTH: 79pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3840" width=105><COL style="WIDTH: 57pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2779" width=76><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 38.25pt" height=51><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; WIDTH: 65pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 38.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=87 height=51>Surgery Date</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; WIDTH: 68pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=90>Name</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; WIDTH: 79pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=105>Place</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; WIDTH: 57pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=76>Day of Surgery Weight</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17 x:num="39055">12/4/2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Carol453</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Nashville, TN</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>266</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17 x:num="39062">12/11/2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">StephC</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Shanksville, PA</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>226</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17 x:num="39062">12/11/2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">GigglesTX</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Fort Worth, TX</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>326</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17 x:num="39065">12/14/2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">NGAdams</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Grand Rapids, MI</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>280</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17 x:num="39065">12/14/2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">ChubbyGirl</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Everett, WA</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>270.5</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17 x:num="39066">12/15/2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">VABandster</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Aurora, CO</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>292</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17 x:num="39066">12/15/2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Mystique</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Dublin, Ire</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>270</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17 x:num="39069">12/18/2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">KayDotRn</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Boston, MA</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>252.4</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17 x:num="39069">12/18/2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Bkwalling</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Mufreesboro, TN</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>267</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17 x:num="39073">12/22/2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Beversman</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Cincinnati, OH</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>250</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17 x:num="39077">12/26/2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">DouglasP</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Paducah, KY</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>374</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17 x:num="39080">12/29/2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Denise822</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Coos Bay, OR</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>215</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

another update...if I have missed anyone,or you are incorrectly represented, please PM me.

I will try to update again tonight but asof now, I need to go study.

Hi!

I'm new to the "forum" thing...I'm thankful to find people going through the same thing I am. There haven't been many problems in the past 7 days.

Stitches still hurt a little, tummy still seems huge...BUT the dealing with not being able to eat! I read where other doctors let you eat yogurt and (small helpings) of ice cream during the first two weeks. Not mine! How do you get through the first 2 weeks just eating Jello and clear broth? My husband has been so understanding but I feel like a bitch and tell him I'm sorry.

:help:

Reading about the people who had their surgery earlier in month... did they ever feel the way I do now? I'm usually a very happy/positive person...

Mary

I was banded on 12/04/06 by Dr. Spivak in Houston. I had my first fill this morning. I had no pain at all. The anticipation was worse than the fill. I can definately fill more restriction. I am no longer starving!!

Dream...Hang in there!! You will start feeling a lot better of the next couple of days

Hi Kay I just saw the post of december bandsters and would like to be added. by pre sx weight is 203.5, are we keeping totals for fellow bandsters? this looks like fun!!

ADAMSDEE- Thanks for the words of support. Reading this site will make it easier and seeing that there is a light at the end of the tunnel will help. I appreciate you all!

I have been a lurker for a while, can't remember if I have posted here but I read it all the time. I was banded on 12/13. I had my 2 weeks post op yesterday (it was actually at 3 weeks) and I had lost 30 pounds so far!!! My starting weight was 368 and now I am at 338. I also found out I have the larger band. Wondering what that means for me in terms of the journey and fills and such. I currently don't feel any restiction that I am aware of and feel like I could probably eat everything I wanted but I don't.

I love reading everyones problems and progress and am excited to be a part of the december bandsters thread with everyone.

Kristin

weight.png

yeah, we are keeping a total of everyone on the board just send them to KayDot and she will update them as she can...

dream -- it is totally normal to be moody. I was and still am moody. I miss my security blanket (being able to eat when im sad or bored). I don't miss the weight ive lost... but I am still a recovering "food addict" that is for sure. One bite and I want to relapse. :-)

but I am getting better at making myself slow down... take my time.. and eat smallllllll portions.

beversman-- You guys sound so strong! I'm tearing up reading this..........not sure if it's the "food thing" OR finding people that are going through this too. THX

How do I get the Ticker Tape thing?