Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

w84me says: hi december banders. I was done dec 11th. I have noticed since the banding I have not quite felt right. I feel lousy most of the time. I keep thinking the shingles( I got that 2 weeks before my surgery) is the main cause of my feeling poorly. But, I have trouble sleeping and I dont' feel hungry, dont' feel full, I feel nothing but just overall poorly. I have lost a total of 20 lbs but that was mainly from my pre-op liquid and my post op liquid diet. Ihave been slowly introducing soft Proteins and try to eat every few hours. I take the optisource Vitamins. Even though I was obese I rarely was sick or felt poorly. I really pray that this yucky feeling that I am having will be short term. Anyone else out there feeling this yuky not great feeling?

Okay, guess what The Nat had for dinner? EGGS! I friggin HATE eggs. But they were so friggin good.

Here's what I did. (In case anyone wants the recipe.)

I cooked some turkey sausage on the george foreman grill and then pressed the rest of the grease out of it with paper towels. I crumbled it in the bottom of the muffin tin. Then I added cheese crumbles. And onion/green pepper. And finally I poured some egg beaters in the cups and baked it for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. They are like little tiny quiches. Nummy num!

Unfortunately I made 24 of them... and ate 3. They are the mini-muffin size, so I think that in total it's 3/4 of a cup. I'm estimating that 1 egg muffin is 1/4c. I'm pissed that I did it again. I see that i'm eating too fast, and not planning my meals before I start sucking it down. And I need to put it on a plate and sit the hell down instead of standing up eating in the kitchen.

My belly is so damn bloated!

I also whipped up the salmon tonight. I used about 3oz of plain yogurt, added lemon, dill, onion salt and lemon pepper. It was a little runny so next time I'll use 2oz FF cream cheese 2oz FF plain yogurt. It had a good taste, too. Oh, and I put a lil vinegar in it - I like a little tang to my dishes.

BTW, I tried to post earlier but I lost my post. I said some really nice things to y'all... Shame I lost it. It's the thought that counts, right? Hang in there, ladies, and don't forget to FORGIVE yourselves. Do the best you can, and when you fall down, pick yourselves up, forgive yourselves and keep on doing the best that you can. Don't be harder on yourselves than you would be to any friend in your same situation.

Just a lil loving advice from your friend Nat.

Be good and I'll try to keep up with you tomorrow! We really need a list of all of us, and our surgery dates. I don't know everyone on the board anymore. :) I wish I did though.

Stay Strong!

Nathalie

I love the recipes, do sit and eat girl, we are worthy of a beautiful plate:) I have had one episode of a real scare and I hope never to do that again. It lasted aprroximately 2 min. I finally burped, and I felt better:clap2:

Anywaty it sounds to me that you know you way around a kitchen,thanks again lady....

tonijo

weight.png

Nat-thanks for the yummy food ideas. I love turkey sausage. Looking forward to that stage.

I would be more than happy to compile a surgery date/name list if anyone wants to PM me the info. Let me know. I think it would be a good thing to have.

Ureeka!!! I've got it.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#fafae6 colSpan=5>Bearded Seal meat :eek: , air-dried (Alaska Native)

82.60 g of Protein.

</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#fafae6>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MMMMMM, yummy -- Don't be shy ladies

Who wants some seal ?!?! :(

Straight from one of those sites Nat is looking at... hehe, you all better watch out for HER cooking! HA

Seal??? As hungry as I am, I think I will pass. hahahaha

Okay, VABandster was the first to email her shtuff..so email me those surgery dates and I can get the list going!

Hi Everyone

Well I had my surgery on 12/13/2005 and I weighted 320 lbs. I got down to 260 lbs. Within the last 4 months I regained 35 lbs so now I am back up to 295 lbs. My position at my job change and now I sit behind a computer all day compare to walking all day before. Now I work from 8 am to 5 pm. So when I get home I am tired and don’t want to do anything. Before I worked from 2pm to 10 pm and I always went to the gym in the morning. My eating habits went out to left field. I just got back from the doctors office and had attended a basic 101 eating class for bariatric patients. Hopefully that will get me back into the swing of things. My goal this year is to get down to 240 lbs

I have not given up!!!!!

Well I have to thank you Steph you again answered my questions before I could ask. I was worried about drinking streching my pouch and not losing weight all of a sudden. This has been my biggest worry, that I won't lose weight even with the band. I need to read the book I'm ok your ok. I must be paranoid cause I keep thinking the worst. Thanks for writing that in. Well I need to go for now hope everyone sleeps well. Oh I PM my info to Kaydotrn for the list has anyone else? just thought I would ask.

Okay, what I have so far...get those pm's to me so I can compile tomorrow.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 371pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=494 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 97pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4717" width=129><COL style="WIDTH: 96pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4681" width=128><COL style="WIDTH: 77pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3730" width=102><COL style="WIDTH: 101pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4937" width=135><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; WIDTH: 97pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=129 height=17>Surgery Date</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; WIDTH: 96pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=128>Name</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; WIDTH: 77pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=102>Place</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; WIDTH: 101pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=135>Day of Surgery Weight</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17 x:num="39055">12/4/2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Carol453</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Nashville, TN</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>266</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17 x:num="39066">12/15/2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">VABandster</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17 x:num="39069">12/18/2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">KayDotRn</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Boston, MA</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>252.4</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17 x:num="39073">12/22/2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Beversman</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Cincinnati, OH</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>250</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Okay, so the first 2 1/2 weeks were great as far as filling full. I could barely eat 1/2 cup. then about a week ago I started feeling HUNGRY...really HUNGRY!! I can eat about 1 cup now and a fw hours later I'm starving. I had lost 20 lbs before this started. I have now put on 2-3 lbs. I'm scared, but I know that this can be normal for some people. In addition to eating more I can eat just about any food. I try to make better food choices (chicken, veggies, fish), but I've slipped a few times. My goal is to get down to 300 for my 1st fill on Jan. 15th....woooo hoooo!!! I'm going to concentrate on eating smaller portins, making healthier choices, and chewing small bites like before. I guess I'm just really scared of failure.

I used to drink Water all the time, now it's a struggle to get down 32 oz a day. I'm lucky to drink 32 oz of liquid a day. I used to drink more than 64 oz a day pre-band.

Another challenge is working out. I've never wanted to hit the gym so bad. However, I had knee surgery a month and a half ago and I'm limited to walking. I was given the green light this week for walking, I've gone twice (30 mins each time).

It has been so comforting seeing everyone's struggles and success through this first month. Thanks for letting me vent. Tomorrow will be a better day!!

Thanks for reminding me to look at the before and after pictures! How inspiring!

I tend to just come here because that's where my email sends me. I sometimes forget there's the whole rest of the board to explore.

Everyone's doing so great. Isn't this amazing? I feel so lucky that this is available to us in this day and age. It's going to feel so nice to get the weight off and get some self esteem back.

I went shopping today and bought some more Protein powder to add to stuff. I really don't have any trouble getting a lot of Protein in because the cans of chocolate I bought from the drs.'s office has 35 grams in it. Slim fast only has 20. My daughter gave me some left over chocolate coconut ( she had RNY) that's really good and it's got 20 grams too. I bought a bunch of stuff at the doctors like Soups, drinks and hot chocolate. I am really trying to get a lot of Protein in because I really don't want to lose a bunch of hair. My daughter's is so thin right now.

Tomorrow I go back to work and I know that's going to be challenging. They are always eating candy. That's one good thing about the Liquid Protein. I have stopped craving sweets and that makes me really happy!

JonandJem, I do live in the Pacific Northwest and it has been pouring down rain in buckets for days on end. It's beautiful here, but the rain does get old. I probably go the the gym on Sat and walk on the treadmill. It helps with my moods. The dreary days get depressing.

Well good luck to everyone tomorrow! You are doing so well with experimenting . I am so lazy I just open one of those cans. Maybe I'll get bored soon and start experimenting too.

good morning my friends

thank you so much for being understanding yesterday it was crap day but today new day;) .

today i feel much better got up dusted myself off and decided today my one big goal is to drink more fluids ,i think i would get through my moods with a hot drink rather than food as i know im not hungry just moody cow . i had Breakfast a small bowl of special k and im full its great ,in a another half hour or so il go make nice hot drink to stave away hunger til lunch ...i have a plan...lol.

also this first time ive heard of hair loss ?????

my friend was on lipotrim (a liquid diet and her hair was falling out ALOT but i didnt hear about this being a factor of surgery ,why would that be when we return to normal food ????)im not freaking out i have so much hair a bit of thining out would be no problem !!!

G'day all :(

I'm from the great land downunder (Oz)

I had my banding done on the 19th December, you can read all about my journey so far in the introductions.

I started at 122.8 kilos (270 pounds) I dropped 5.4 kilos(11.88 pounds) in the 4 days in hospital but nothing since. I'm 5ft 3" tall and would love to get to a goal weight of 65kilos (143 pounds).

It's great this site exists to read about and share others experiences.

Good luck to you all and congrats on making the decision :eek:

Keep posting and keep sharing CHEERS

Ok to answer my own question - I checked out the stomach stapling - ow! Can't understand why someone would opt for that rather then the band.

Confession - I ate a freeking candy bar last night! My daughter brought home a bag of those really good ones to sell and I was like omgoodnesss! I thought I'd take just a little bite and ate the WHOLE dang thing! 300 calories! I will blame it on TOM since he came yesterday. UGH! Just when I think I'm over him and ready to move on to a "change of life" he comes and upsets my whole scheme of things! But the good news is when I weighed my self this morning - after I had eaten a bowl of shredded wheat - I was still at a steady 209 (my scale - proabably 211 on the doc's) - Lord give me strength to eat a proper diet today!

w8t4me - I was banded on 12/11 (hey Kay I think I forgot that part) and I feel good. Are you getting in enough Protein? Do you still have the shingles? Maybe you should call your dr, just to be safe. I hope you feel better soon.

B-man - if I can eat venison I supose I can eat seal - but wait! I know its high in Protein but what about the fat? May have to pass if its too fatty.

Nat - your little egg quiches sound good - but I'm too dang lazy to make anything. I've been eating my Cereal, leftover casseroles, cottage cheese and peaches oh and CANDY BARS! :(

Today I must clean the guest room - we have a guest coming - my daughters guy friend on the way to college -he's spending a night and then they are off to college - its been good having her home but always good to send her back. How horrible is that?! She's 20 and its so hard when they are half here and half there and not totally independant (still using daddy's credit card on a reg basis) but still very independent in all the other ways. So thats our goal today - clean house for company. I just got all the christmas stuff put away yesterday so I guess its time to clean. Wish that nesting thing would hit me again.

mystique - good luck on a new day - sounds like you are in control! Thats the way to do it!

Denise - my mom lived in Portland area for a few years - she loved it but I'm sorry I wouldn't be able to deal with the rain - I know it sounds stupid but I would rather have snow any day than rain - I would be one of those people with the fake suns in the house just to keep me sane. Winter is tough on me too - but PA has had a very mild winter so far - I hear Jan and Feb are supose to make up for it tho.

Ok - I'm off - for now - when I'm tired of cleaning I'll be back.