Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

oh god girls i dont know what im bloody at i ate loads today ...not all at once but i was putting food down my neck at regular intervals ...i feel like a complete idiot ive no idea even why ??? i seem quite down but not sure why and now im sat on couch feeling like im busting at seams feeling crap because im confessing and i dont really want the replys you know you stuffing this up.(i know_...oh god im so worried my head stuffed up...my fill not til 20th but you know it wasnt hunger driving me to eat it was my stupid emotional self and it wasnt soft kind it was just food .i cant believe nothing stuck..pray i didnt stuff this up ,even though i deserve it ,im going for good whinge .

Anyone else feel like emotional wreck ????

:phanvan

I sad I was happy yesterday I went shopping and realized I went down one size in shoes ..that was such a great feeling . But I guess in weight I am getting stuck I knew it was coming but it sucks. I know the weight has to go slowly but I cant help it its nice to go fast lol . Just wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions of what to eat on the solid food . I start tommarrow.

Thanks for your support . :)

clau:(:sick

StephC - if you eat pizza, don't eat the crust! Surprisingly it's just as satisfying. Load up on cheese, sauce, veggies and meat. Your explanation of not counting calories/protein makes absolute sense. I'm jealous that you can eat almost regularly. After about 1/2c food I am stuffed. For sure by 3/4c. Last night I figure I ate 3/4c of the cottage cheese and chicken. My belly was near bursting! I ate at 4:30 and at 11:00 I was still really full. Right now my band is working well for me.

MY problem is drinking Water. I can't seem to get enough in, which will also stall my weight loss. I'm determined to drink 2 quarts (how many ounces is that?) today and go up from there. I think that I need to start drinking Water immediately when I wake up.

VAB: I don't know why tuna fish and Peanut Butter aren't on the list. I found another site that will break out the nutritional value of foods. You can sort the lists by food types, calories, carbs, Proteins, etc.

http://www.lowcarb.ca/low-carb-tools/carb_counter.html

I am having difficulty writing down every little morsel that I put into my mouth. I'm not eating all that much, so it shouldn't be that difficult. I could only eat half of that pudding slop *hurk* I ate a string cheese. I'll dive into the cottage cheese/chicken tonight. I bought some low fat ricotta cheese and basil. I also bought some canned chicken (15g per can), canned salmon and packaged ready-to-eat salmon.

I'll be eating whips and drinking my Protein drinks for the next 2-3 weeks. God carry me through to the 25th so I can get a fill and feel comfortable actually eating. I will whip the salmon with either FF plain yogurt, cottage cheese or cream cheese and add lemon, dill, and lemon pepper. I will mix the chicken with cottage or ricotta cheese and add hot sauce, BBQ Sauce, salsa or Italian flavor (spaghetti sauce or italian seasoning). Each one is 25g of Protein, and is more stick-to-your-ribs than other foods. I may even fold in some spinach and FF Italian dressing. The mushy possibilities are ENDLESS!

Work Shmurk.

(((B-man))) quit beating yourself up. You are doing GREAT! And of all people who has every reason to be proud, it's you! MAN! The liquid diet warrior princess is down in the mouth? Snap out of it and let's get on the good foot! *grin*

Nat

P.S. I just ordered some unjury single packets. It's only got 20grams of protein per package though. I have been using Protein 95, which has 25g per scoop. My musclehead friend in Atlanta is going to send me Muscle Milk which has 38g per serving. It comes pre-mixed or in a powder form. Uh huh... Go Nat! (If only I could drink this water! I just drank about 10 oz and my belly is on BLOAT!)

STEPH - I will rarely see my Dr. I talked to him on the phone a few days post op to check in and also b/c I was having an allergic reaction to the bandages he put over my incsions, but other than that won't be back until I go for my first Fill at 4 weeks out.

MYSTIQUE...I totally know how you feel!! on NYE my son had out a bowl of potato chips...and I wasn't really hungry, but there were just THERE...begging to be eaten! So I couldn't let them go to waste could I? I am so used to 'snacking' in between meals, its definitely been a hard habit to break!! One of the things that has helped though was that if I am going to snack, I make it something w/protein like cheese or Peanut Butter. Maybe that'll help you too?? Just a thought. But don't beat yourself up too much...this is a process...and it takes time to change years of eating habits that we've had!! Hang in there!!!

MYSTIQUE - no worries honey... you're doing great.

Look at what I did last weekend!! What an idiot I was! BUT we just get started all over again and remember tomorrow is a new day. Heck, tonight is a new night... no reason to wait till tomorrow to get back on track.

hang in there :-) I know exactly how you feel.

I walked a mile then did 10 minutes on the elliptical. I can't go much longer than that right now. I don't know how Nat does it for 30 minutes. She is a machine.

CLAUDIAGDLMEX - I know that sad feeling. I dont understand how I can work out more... eat less... and NOTHING! :-) it is kind of a bummer... along with what the rest of my life brings me... ironically enough, ALL of this frustration is my happiest part. I did this to focus on better things. So, I keep reminding myself that even at it's most frustrating it is better than what I had to think about before. (not that is helps, I am much better at cheering on others that I am at cheering on myself)

Steph - I just saw my doc to get the tape off, and will see him again on the 18th to get my fill. I don't have a support group... soooo I hope he is seeing enough of me. I never thought about it until now. :)

Nat - thanks for the Protein list. I was too lazy to go find one myself. ha

KayDot - 232 that sounds like a good number! I will race ya... hehe

You know my family ordered pizza while I was there the other day... i tasted some of the sauce and pepperoni (just a bite)... it wasnt even good tasting for some reason... i didnt even want it! now that is a change from preband

My surgery was December 22, the week of Christmas. I made the decision to accept this blessing thru the holiday season and had a positive attitude about eating liquids while my family was enjoyed great food all around me. I did great, lost 15 1/2 pounds and marvel at how a positive attitude before surgery made all the difference. Can't wait for this year!:clap2:

Glad to hear about everyone's progress. I am happy that I have lost 7 lbs in less than a week. I hope that doesn't stall when I get on mushies. I think it's important to keep the carbs low, so I will try to find mushy things that don't have a lot of carbs. I read the food thread to get more ideas for liquids. Right now it's easier just to pop open a can of Protein Drink. I am really curious to see how much I will lose in 4 weeks on liquid.

I am amazed that every doctor has a different opinion on how long you have to stay on liquids. I just hope I can make it the entire 4 weeks. If I keep losing, I think it will be easier to not worry about having to be on liquids. It will be worth it if I keep losing.

Does anyone know when or if for sure we will experience hair loss? I really don't want that! thanks Denise

By the way, I would love it if someone would write me. Eveyone is doing so well! It's easier to keep my spirits up when I come and read the board. It's hard to keep up with the board though because it moves so fast. It's nice to know that there are so many others having to drink Liquid Protein right now. It gets me through the day knowing I am not alone in this!

Denise, Even when the weightloss slows, we just have to think positive. I look at the before and after pictures on this site, so real, unlike the glossy promotional lapband ads, and I am thankful I've chosen this course. I remember when I was beautiful, when I looked outside how I feel inside. We'll get back there. You're in the Pacific Northwest. I envy you. I went to college in Olympia, WA. If I were you, I would go for a hike in the misty mountains to keep my mind off of food. I don't worry about losing my hair because I'd rather have a little less of that and a healthier body, but I'm sure there are ways to avert hairloss. Good luck to you!

THANK YOU GIRL .

LETS JUST START SUPPORTING EACH OTHER AND LOOK AT IT AS WE ARE GOING TO WIN THIS BATTELE SOONER OR LATER .

i LEARNED THAT WE CANT BE SO HARD ON OUR SELFS IT ONLY BEEN A MONTH FOR ME . SO WE WILL KEEP GOING .. :) SMILE i AM .. NEED TO LOOK AND BE POSITIVE POSOTIVE BRINGS POSITIVE:):clap2:

jon- thanks for saying my hubby is cute. you are so right on looking the same on the outside as we feel i look in the mirror from time to time,and i say who is this fat girl.... i am so happy, i am on the right track.

oh guys, i went to a birthday party last night my nephews and anyhow like i have said before everyone knows i am banded, and when and all so when i got there everyone was like oh khristina u are lookin awesome. i was like thanks, but i have only lost like ten lbs since surgery most people said oh man is that all, but to be honest i think it was planned because i can not tell a difference, and even though i know it is prob because i see myself daily i still don't think a 10 lb weight loss on my size person is noticeable, but i took the comment and said thanks.

on to the 2nd part of my story my sis in law had gastric bypass in dec of 05,and she has went from a size 28 to a size 12.well she kind of called me out last night, and said khristina what size do u wanna be by christmas 07 i was like maybe a 12 ,but i will have to work my butt off to get there and she said well u started at a 20 and a 12 isn't far away i think u should defintly be there by dec. i was like remember i won't lose weight as fast as u she was like tell me again why u had lapband instead of bypass. i was like the health risks amoung other things.

she said oh well i have got 90 percent of my health risks gone, but u still have to worry about erosions and slips not sure you made the right decision,and it pissed me off to be frank with yall i hate someone talking negative to me in a crowded room.i love my sis in law but she is a true butt sometimes she rarely thinks before she speaks

we are gym partners and it seems like she would support me more but i think she is afraid i will lose more than her

b-man i am with u i have not lost anymore weight in about 5 days i am mad.

steph I am happy to hear someone else doesn't count Protein i know i should but i don't

That is one of my goals this yr..

Oh my this thread is busy today! I am sure by the time I finish this message, there will be a dozen more posts! I am in school right now and totally not paying attention, which I may regret when I have my midterm tomorrow. Ah, it's open book so I am not too worried.

Nat-thanks girl for the Protein list. I had no idea that meats had that much Protein in them. I only knew about cottage cheese, milk and my Protein drinks. I like your whip ideas. I cannot wait for mushies next week!!!!!! As far as Water, I am drinking enough but not near as much as I was before surgery. I make a water/protein shake in the morning, then usually have another 24 oz bottle throughout the day and a giant travel mug of Decaf tea at night and about 6 oz before bed. Then I pee three times before I wake up (hopefully not in my bed though-haha).

mystique-hang in there girl. You will learn how to fight the head hungries. We all will, but it is a battle. I especially feel right now like I have to fight since I don't feel much for restriction, I crave real food, but I know I cannot eat it. It is frustrating though. I want plenty. I want a grilled chicken sand from Wendy's, I want a hot dog-something I never eat or crave until now. UGH. I hate that food has this wacky hold on me. It is a journey we are on though and we will get through it.

Denise-glad you are here. I know it is busy, but there is a lot of support here. I think if you are getting enough protein, you should not experience hair loss. I hope that is the case anyway.

B-man-wtg on the exercise. As far as the elliptical, once you get past that wall and build up on the minutes, time flies. I do around 45 minutes, but I have stayed on for an hour because something good was on tv at the gym and I wanted to finish watching it. You just get used to it. I remember when I first did it and 5 minutes killed my legs. The only drawback is if I am on too long, my feet fall asleep. BTW, you don't want to challenge me to a race...I am a vicious competitor! hahahahaha you wait and see.

BKwall-I have a sister in law like that too-butthead. Whatever. Don't let it bother you. I think that is one reason I kept this to myself. I don't need a crap load of opinions or people policing my weightloss-I will lose my mind! Hang in there. You are kicking butt and the weight will come off-BTW, you are beautiful now. I know we all keep referring to you cute hubby, but hey, you are a catch too!

Okay-keep the topics rolling. You all make my boring 4hr/night class fly by.

pgducote-wtg on the positive attitude. I think you are right on with that theory. I am upbeat but definitely not loving this whole liquid for 3-4 weeks thing. bleck. Maybe your happy way will rub off on me :)

I was just wondering how often you all see your doctors? I had a 2 week visit, and a 4 week is scheduled and then my fill at 5-6 weeks. I also popped in 3 days post-op to get more tape on my incisions. I saw him at the support group at one week post-op too. How often are your support group meetings - mine are once a month at the dr's office and then daily on LBT :)

I have not seen the MD yet! I go on the 11th. I do think it odd that I had no follow up after the surgery for 3 1/2 weeks but what do I know. I did get a follow up call and I know if I had any problems, I would be seen in a heartbeat. The support groups are 2 times a month but they are on nights I have school so this is my only support too. It is great so I am not worried, but I would like to physically get together with people. Anyone in the mood to visit Boston??? :)

Denise - hair loss shouldn't be an issue IF you are taking in enough Protein. Thus - all the talk about Protein.

BK - I haven't had the same issue as you with someone who has gastric bypass but everyone I know thats had weight loss surgery has had the gastric bypass - not all of them have done so well and some have even gain weight back. Don't let her get you down. I've told people at church and every week everyone tells me how good I look - I'm like you, thinking ok so how much can you really tell? But I smile and say thanks I'm working at it.

I'm not so sure I'll eat pizza when I do get passed up to regular foods - just a thought. I haven't really had the craving yet, or if I did it passed. I can't wait to get my fill - I really look forward to restriction.

I wondered about the dr visits because I kinda feel its a waste of time and gas for me to go but they just want to stress the next step in the food lists to me and check my weight and stuff.

Mystique - don't beat yourself up! WE ALL have our down moments but you just pick yourself up and start again.

B-man - how do you like the elliptical? I was really thinking about asking hubby for one - but I was afraid after he spent all this money on a treadmill coat rack sitting in my bedroom - ugh! I had to take my dd word for it and believe it would be another peice of unused equipment. I do like to walk and hope to get back in the swing of it as soon as dr gives me the ok on my knee - I think its the 11th. Maybe then I'll start to lose some weight.

I got my nails done today. I love getting my nails done and when I had to take them off for surgery it was heart wretching. Now I have to get used to typing with them again. Something about nice nails make me feel pretty. while we were in the salon a lady came in with 2 little girls about 6 or 8 years old and let them get their nails painted. It was so cute! I kept watching the one and she was smiling and oh so cute! Girly girls.

Talk to you all tomorrow - I finally got most of my Christmas decorations put away.

OH another question for anyone - have you heard of stomach stapling? I thought that was a thing of the past and when I emailed my step-father in laws son to see how he was doing with the band he said he didn't have the band but had his stomach stapled and wished he'd have gone through with a full bypass. I didn't know they did that.