Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

sweethot- I ate some oatmeal have u eaten any it is good also I like mash tators on the mushy stage the oatmeal does need to be Water like but good

steph- glad your visit went well and congrats on subway food sounds good yummmmm

glad everyone is doing awesome

let me warn everyone i drank a starbucks coffee the cold kind because felt i needed energy made me real sick had to force myself not to throw up I did not realize how much sugar they have in them

no i'm not on mushy's yet, maybe on monday when i am two weeks out. I have had scrambled eggs, and oatmeal though, so maybe those are mushy's?

On my swedish diet plan it says that, i could do mushies after 1 week, but my dr. emailed me and told me full liquids for 4 weeks. seems like a long time. I'm going to email him back and name a few things, like refried Beans and blended tuna and chicken and see what he says.

I would like to have mashed sweet potato. That would be great. also some steamed carrots.

I'm so nuts, I keep dreaming of food, crazy craving i have.

like a piece of pizza Hut pizza pepperoni where the pepperoni curls up at the edges and is crispy. yum.

I too know it's head hunger becuase I also get busy and forget i'm hungry. I just miss my dear old friend food.

Husband keep eating so much pizza, and had a big mac yesterday that looked so good, made tacos which i love, spaghetti, hemakes awsome spicy spaghetti. mmm.. he is pure torchure for a newly banded wife.

keep up your great work everyone!!! Everyone seems to be doing so awsome.

Hi all i've been reading through all these postings and there great today i got up the curage to join you all it's just so funny how where all alike in some way I was banded on 12/07/06 so exactly 3 weeks ago I have lost about 18lbs and well can't really notice alot of difference. I'm on mushies but have had like pork and chicken, crackers tostadas and tortilla chips with out problems just chewing it really well. Which is probably really bad to go to solids so early but it's really hard to resist. I can't wait for my fill which I should be getting in about 2 weeks. I think the hardest thing for me has been drinking Water 45 min. befir and waiting for 1 hr. after. Oh can someone tell me how to add one of those cool weight ticklers . thanks and good luck to everyone !!!

Hey All-

Banded on the 19th and finally feeling really good! That first week really sucked - just pain and then tried to travel in the car for 6 hours xmas eve and had to hold back the nausea like 4 or 5 times. I have my first appt. next tuesday but as of today have lost 15lbs! I'm starting to really like my band because it's pretty cool to feel full after only a little bit. I've been on mushies after only 3 days - doctors orders so I don't understand liquid diet for 3 weeks... On our trip home after xmas we stopped at a Wendy's and I ordered a sour cream and chive potato off the dollar menu - ate a few tablespoons out the middle and was perfectly satisfied and happy.

For the new year weekend I am going to make an easy shrimp chowder recipe that I got from Southern Living - i'll pick out the shrimp or chew really well, a pot of white/navy Beans, chicken with baked potatos, and probably a Soup or chili too.

I'm so glad to be coming out of the fog even though being out of work until after new year's I am enjoying taking it easy and taking afternoon naps - for some reason I am sleeping better than before surgery and my heartburn has totally disappeared! My workout routine starts next week! This will be the first year that I actually lose weight for my new year's resolution!

guys I am sooo bad I have to stop the madness

a neighbor of mine stopped in and of course she has no clue I am banded and she brought me a milky way santa and herself one well we began to chat and she started eating her santa so I offered her some milk

well then she was like do u not like milky way u have opened yours yet

so I said well i don't like eating in front of people she was like oh i am so not poliet I shouldn't eat in front of u and i was like no that is fine she then said well i can not do anything right i am bad mom wife and now neighbor i was like no not at all if you guys can't tell this lady is out there so anywho i ate the milky way i let it melt in my mouth and immediatly felt guilty for eating it the lady said now i feel better u have now ate yours she is nuts and next time I won't go to the door luckily she did not have a huge piece of cake with her the worst part is I have told everyone i know that i am banded even waiters and bank tellers when we chat but this lady is crazy and she would find some way for me being banded to be all about her anyways had to vent i need to install a peephole oh and the weird part is my nearest neighbor is about 1/4 of a mile so this lady had a walk to get to home crazy crazy

oh i am going to email my surgeon and tell him i ate a milky way i no it didn't damage my band but i feel i should come clean about my short comings

i really need to stop pleasing everyone but myself

thanks BK - the baked pot. went down really smooth but I'll admit we got home late yesterday from traveling and because I had been doing so well I ate about 1/2 a piece of pizza that my fam was eating - thinking that i could chew it well and drink it down with Water and feel fine - noway - i hurt for an hour - so I am sticking to soft stuff! Thought that might help your pizza craving! Plus it wasn't that good anyway! You know what does go down good - spaghettios! I know it's probably horrible for me but having kids we always have ravioli and stuff in the house so i heated up some and it was delicious! To each it's own!

LOL, I am laughing because I was driving home last night and wanting something "good" really badly. I drove by Wendy's and whined "mmm,grilled chicken sandwich with cheese" then by this hot dog place "mmm, hot dog with ketchup and mustard", then by the 99 "mmm, gold fever wings on a sald with bleu cheese dressing". THen got home and watched tv and saw an ad for the best looking pizza...waaahhhh. Geez, I wonder why I am overweight!

im down three more pounds! 242

My doctor (Dr C) said he saw your guys post about Dr. Harry Houdini. It was in reference to how small my incisions were. (ha) He said that he is going to hang it up in his office. really! :) hehe

I apparently got the low profile port... and I have a 10 cm 4 cc band.

I am healing well and have been moved on to pureed foods.

So I had (thinned) cheesy potato Soup with chives.... mmmmm (drooling) real food

berversman-congrats on the weight loss! At your rate and commitment you will be at goal in no time! Keep it up.

Kay your funny, if i wasn't in Germany where there isn't a chain on every corner I would be dieing.

The week before surgery it was my goal to have PH pizza, they are open weird hours, and everytime we stopped by they were closed. So i think i am craving that so much because I had no closure. You know what i mean, i never said goodbye. I didn't knowingly have my last taste. If I had, I wouldn't be dreaming of it so often. lol.

well, i emailed my surgeon about moving on to mushies, just waiting for his answer.

I have not lost one more lb in 4 days I am steady at 258 I am about to go insane eating less than 700 calories give me a break I should have lost more sorry just wanted to rant'

OH i am getting my nails done today and also my hair foiled eyebrows waxed and some new shirts I am a shopping addict and need a day out

b-man good job you are about to have under one hundred lbs to lose that will be awesome

kay- me and u must share a brain that loves food I do the same thing u do

sweethot - i have not had any weird pizza dreams if i do I will prob sleep walk and go buy some

i am a bad sleep walker