Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Oh Sweethot - I'm sooooo sorry to hear what you've gone through! That's just horrible! :)

I hope you can still look forward to how much happier and healthier you'll be after it all, even with the pain you've gone through these first few weeks!

Yeah, my eye is still on size 8!! pain is much better now, almost a memory.

I would still do it again. I always said that I would let someone cut off my pinky with a butter knife if they could promise me that I would wake up a size 6.

So this is far less painful than that. well I think.

Sweet hot that is so completely barbaric!!!! Okay all my sterotypes of Germans must be true!!!! lol......anyway hope you heal okay from the staples and won't be too scared....emotionallly or physically!

(((sweethot)))) wtf? I cannot understand why you have to go through all of this pain and agony. It is crazy. I am amazed at your ability to have a sense of humor about it and I think that in the long run, you will be better for being able to laugh about it. How long will you be in Germany? I hope you can come back here soon. Where are you from originally?

((carol)) I am glad your DH is okay. I agree thisis a great group and I too don't know how I would have got through this week without all of you for support.

I went to the mall with the kids today. I was hungry and went to Planet smoothie and got some weird smoothie with Protein Powder and drank about 1 cup of it. It filled me, but was nothing to rave about. It probably had more calories than anything I would eat at home. I will look up the nutritional info. The kids wanted Johnny Rockets and I actually took them there. One got a jr cheeseburger and the other got cheese fries (yes, nice healthy lunch for my growing children). I let them have it since I know we have not had McDonald's or anything like that in months. That little cheeseburger looked and smelled so greasy and delicious. My daughter ate about 3 bites since she has the appetite of a tit mouse and it the other onecouldn't finish her fries. Old mom would have finished her meal and proceeded to eat the kids leftovers (can't waste food!). I was a little depressed and got a bit cranky about it, but now I am fine.I swear it is just these little things I am going to have to "suffer" through in order to reach the grand prize. It will be worth it.

I am tired now and going to takea quick rest. Be well.

P.S. Could someone reccommend the best un-flavored Protien powder please?

Smith, I can tell you that Designer whey unflavored tastes like ass. That is one thing I know. I can say that I put it in my cream of wheat this morning and did not notice it. Thank God! I have heardgood thingsabout unjury but I am not sure for myself. If you find one, please let me know.

Kay- we will be here until august of 09' we just got here in august.

I am from Rhode Island, but I claim Florida as home.

Actually we love germany, but it is confirmed that I will not be bearing anymore children while i am here!

OH MY GOODNESS! I will certainly keep you in my prayers. Is this a military hospital? You deserve the medal for the month. How long will you be in Germany? I always thought it would be a nice place to visit, but, honey, I don't think I would want to live there. I will certainly keep you in my prayers. My advice, as an open-banded patient, is for you to be sure not to lift anything over 10 lbs. for six weeks, like myself. It would really be bad for you to have a hernia like I did before this 2nd surgery. Your posts have been filled with bad experiences so this can only get better.

My good news today is that I made an absolutely scrumptious cheesy potato Soup. My three married children have someone in each home with a touch of cold/fever. I delivered 3 big bowls of soup with the rest of the Christmas sweets and kept just enough soup for my hubby and myself for supper.

Sorry for running on. After delivering soup, I was so tired that I took liquid Loritab and decided to read updated posts.

Carol, you really seem on top of things with a very positive attitude. That is so important in the healing process. My prayers will also be with you and your husband.Love you all,

Dianne

sweethot maybe the time will fly by the time u will leave germany will be the time i graduate college and will be a teacher hopefully a skinny teacher

carol- I am happy your husband is better

keep us informed

kay I know how u feel today i went to sonic and had a little something bad and felt bad afterward I had like two bites of a milkshake but it really helped my tounsils they have been sore

I seen my doc today and glad I had a better experience then sweethot

my doc said he believes I will become his number one success story AND THAT REALLY LIFTED ME UP THAT HE THOUGHT THAT HE SAID MY SURGERY WENT AWESOME HE SAID HE COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER SURGERY AND WAS PROUD OF MY NINE LB WEIGHT LOSS SO FAR

HE ASKED THAT I ATTEND ALL THE SUPPORT MEETINGS AND SHARE MY LOVE FOR THE BAND

I FEEL WAY TO YOUNG WITH THE BAND TO KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN MY LOVE AND I AM HAPPY THAT 9 LBS ARE GONE THAT ISN'T ENOUGH TO BRAG THAT MUCH I THINK MAYBE HE WAS TRYING TO STROKE MY EGO AS THEY SAY

BUT EITHER WAY I AM NOT READY TO SHARE MY STORY WITH THE GROUP BECAUSE I HAVE LITTLE TO SHARE

THIS POST MAY NOT MAKE MUCH SENSE I HAVE TWO SCREAMING YOUNGINS IN THE BACKGROUND

7 days post op and still having shoulder/gas pains. I thought I would feel much better by now. I'm very hungry and the liquids go through me so fast.

sweethot...loved your reference to the mideval hospital, sorry the staple removal was so rough....but doesn't it feel much better now that they are out?

I was banded on Dec. 11th and doing well I have lost 10 lbs. I hate myself right now for eating a piece of fried chicken today although I did not eat all of it but I took two bites out of it.

StephC, I am actually very,very :hungry: but otherwise I am doing fine..thanks. I have doc appt tomorrow to have staples removed...tomorrow will be 1 week. when did you all start the soups...i am so looking forward to that stage