Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

sirena63-I'm so sorry to hear you're so hungry! I hope the feeling passes soon! :hungry:

scorpio-Don't dwell on your slip. :doh: Just get right back on track--you can do it!

KayDotRn-Good for you for not polishing of the kids' leftovers! Keep it up! :bananapartyhat:

sweethot143-Your stories sound like my mother's tales of how dental work was done in her little New Hampshire town in the 1940s. Unbelievable! :omg: I hope that you start feeling better once you have been out of their evil clutches for a while! Rest up as best you can--things have got to start going your way!

carol1453-Sending healing thoughts and wishes for a quick recovery for your DH across the cables! I've lived through that stress several times over--be sure to remember to take care of yourself, too! :huggie:

smithkr1-Congratulations on already losing 14 pounds! That is so wonderful! :eek:

I want to be surprised on January 3rd when I go in for my post-op appointment. I'm dying to update my ticker and start a downward trend! We'll see how it goes!

Hi Everyone! I am still away on holidays, but I thought that I would pop in and see how everyone is doing. Sounds like everything is good in bandland. I am still on full fluids for another 10 days or so. I have been getting creative with Soup as well. Keeping an eye on the calories has been the only thing that has kept me from blending up some banana cream pie soup!

I am so happy to be able to read through this site and no that what we are all going through is normal and expected. I am at the itchy incision stage...polysporin has been helping.

Hope you all have a wonderful new year...it is promised to be an exciting one for each of us! Take care and thank you for sharing your experiences, it is very encouraging.xox.

No, I didn't go to a military hospital, as I was a self pay, but I did use a very reputable dr. who does all teh Rny's and GB for the military patients in Germany.

they even know the people in the insurance office on my tiny base by name.

I'm confident that the band is done right, i guess it's just German Dr.s have no bedside manner. they don't believe in a lot of pain meds. Maybe a littel behind on new procedures like glueing instead of stapling.

I've talked to quite a few americans who have used this dr. and they all said wonderful things, however, noone told me about the lack of pain meds!

As of today, 1 day staple free, I feel so much better. I can bend without pain. The only slight pains i feel is the port area, feels heavy and a little swollen still. nothing compared to last week. so i go back next monday the 8th, if it still has some pain i'll ask why.

I think i may be able to sleep on my tummy again tonight. can't wait.

my only problem is lifing, i have a 26 lb almost 2 year old. we live on the second floor and DH is going back to work today. I have a dr. appt. for her that i have to take her to and will have to lift her to put her in her crib tonight and get her dressed.

so i guess i will be lifing 26lbs quite a bit from now on. I ahve been lifting her, but very few times.

luckily DH only works today and then he has off until next tuesday which is his promotion ceremony, so he's not really working that day either.

I just love Airforce work hours around holidays, lots of free leave!

I got banded on Dec. 14th. Everything went fine. I have lost 14 pounds. Now my appetite seems to be coming back. I haven't gained but sometimes I feel real hungry. Is this normal? I think I need some Fluid in my band. I am real excited about this surgery. I haven't had any nausea, or throwing up. I do feel better.

hi tannersmama

i was banded dec 15th i lost 14lbs but now im eating more solid food im creeping up but im not even eating 1000 cals a day im really confused why it not falling off and my appetite returned not the same just much more than last week but i have three meals and some Soup in between if im really hungry,im not good at drinking enough though i think thats my main problem....anyone else out there not a big Water drinker i have to remind myself to drink and i usually only want Fluid when ive eaten then i cant ...lol

so Breakfast....1 egg omellete with Tomato, peppers,mushrooms

lunch.......red pepper &tomato soup homemade

and for dinner im having a potato cake with spring onions and cheese

oh im booked for 20th of january for fill it does seem like an eternity away,but i think wethink we eating alot but it still toddler size eating

good morning bandsters! I go in to the dr today, my first "real" check up since surgery. I went in just 3 days post-op to have my scars retaped and I saw him 1 week later at the support group. I know I won't be having staples removed - ouch! Sweethot - God love ya for going through that! When I was reading it and the nurse said they don't use tape because you are human and not car, I'm thinking well she's not a cardboard box either! Be careful picking up that little one, make sure you bend at the knee so your legs do the work and not your tummy or back.

I don't have any favorite Protein drinks - they all gag me at this point. But LF cottage cheese has 12 grams of protien for 1/2 cup and blended in Soup its good and is a nice thickener.

tannersmama - yes its normal to feel hunger. The swelling has gone down. I'm anxious to get my first fill but its not until 6 weeks post op so I have until Jan 22nd. Sounds like a long time to me.

Carol - I hope all will be well in your family this year. I'll be praying for you.

Kay - good job!!!! Why do we find those greasy things appealing? I hope I can change my way of thinking along the bandside. I've been struggling with dark chocolates someone brought us at christmas - they are in the trash today! The really bad thing about chocolate is that it MELTS in your mouth so its not like something you CAN'T eat. But what a waste of calories! I did buy some FF choc. frozen yogurt - along with the FF fudgecicles to get me through that chocolate drama that TOM brings.

Have a good day all!

I didn't know about the Protein in cottage cheese either! great tip, i am going to look at teh Soup recipes and make some soup tomorrow. I'm sick of the food i do eat. oatmeal and eggs. yuck now, I could go for some yummy soup.

steph, haha about the box comment, we were at a store shortly after my experience and there was a worker removing staples with pliars from a platform thing, I was like look honey! That's exactly what they did to me!

I feel even better today again. Things are looking up. I put on real pants today, jean, still can't button them, my stomach is so swollen on the port side only, it's hard and heavy like i'm carrying a baby.

weird. The jeans are a 20 and were a little baggy before SX. I fit a comfortable 20 and a tight 18.

Hi everyone. I am 2 1/2 weeks out of surgery and feeling really good. All stomach soreness gone and the arthritis in my knees is better already. I experience some light headedness and wonder if my blood pressure meds need to be adjusted. I'll check it out soon. Sometimes I am hungry but I find if I get busy I can forget about it so it was more "head hunger". I had left over pumpkin pie and had been fighting it so threw it in the garbage disposal this AM. Felt good.

Carol-my thoughts and prayers are with you husband and you. I updated my ticker today and that felt good. I actually think I am staying pretty much the same on the scales the last few days and that is fine. I knew these first few weeks were about healing. I wish a good day to all of the fellow lapbanders.

Hi everybody and welcome to :

Tannersmama

Roband &

Angelr

Mystique, that red pepper Tomato Soup sounds great...can you pass along a recipe?

I think we need to all put our heads together and come up with an honorary award for sweethot!

Stepc...thanks for the "Flippin' bananas"

I'm off to the Dr. tonight to see what they say about my incisions.

I think they are taking the tape off... :) I wonder what they are gonna look like?!

I already have hungery pains back too... :) wish that swelling would have lasted longer.

can't wait for mushies... I've already eaten a few mushy things... but 99% of time is liquid liquid liquid.... YUCK.

Can't wait to see what the Dr. scale says later. Hope it is good news.

Just got back from my doctors appointment - I got weighed on their scale and its 2 lbs difference from mine so I've lost 15 lbs not 17. He said I can eat anything someone without teeth can eat - lol - so for lunch I stopped at subway for dd and myself - I got the crab wrap with Tomato - the wrap wasn't do-able so just ate the inside - it was so good for a change! I also went grocery shopping and got tuna, chicken that is in a bag ready to eat, its in the tuna aisle.. its only like 70 cal, 1.5 gr fat and its got 14 grams of protein! thats for a 1/4 cup. I feel like I'm going to eat something real now. I was kinda hoping for salad but he said that will come in 2 weeks when I go to all foods.

I asked about the fills, first Nat said they put a little fill in with the surgery, he said yes you have some too, they fill the band after they have it in place and then let it deflate so you start with about 1 cc. (this is manufacture recommandations) - he said at 6 weeks we will do the first fill and everyone is different, some get 1cc and some get 4 cc - I said well how do you know how much to put in? He said its done with the barium (yukky swallow stuff and xray like in hospital) and they count to see how fast it goes through the band, which tells them how big the opening is. So then I asked about carrying a needle around for an unfill. He said he has heard that it used to be done but he doesn't know anyone who does that anymore. He said its a waste of needles, for one thing they may lose the sterile invironment that they are currently in, and do you carry it in your purse or the car, what if you're in a different car, what if you left it at home. He said it just isn't necessary since you can use any needle to unfill - its just that the regular needles don't just take the fill out they can take a little of the "gel" in the port out too. He said which isn't a big deal, a couple of times won't hurt anything and even if it would develope a leak it still is just a matter of replacing the port which is done in office under local anthesia. I love my doctor, he just patiently answers every question I have just like "if its important to you its important to me" type attitude.

Sweethot - are you still in the Soups or the mushies now? If you are in the mushies you can start having so much more. Like refried Beans with some cheese melted on top, a dab of sour cream and salsa and you think you are having a taco. And Beans are very high in Protein too. I think I mentioned that towards the end of my Soups I had discovered using beans to thicken the Soup, and it added Protein. I felt like I was cheating by buying the tuna and chicken today! After all those Protein drinks. Which btw - doc said I shouldn't need anymore of those if I'm eating the right foods. YEA!

So it was a good visit to the doc and yep I'm still crushing! :)