Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

jameza40---here are two more recipes.

Peanut Brittle Protein shake

*2 scoops vanilla Protein powder

*2 TBS sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix (dry)

*1 TBS natural Peanut Butter (smooth or chunky)

*8 oz. Water (or low-fat milk)

*3-6 ice cubes

Add all ingredients to blender, whip and serve.

Calories 121; Carbs 7g; Protein (depends on your Protein Powder and whether you use milk or water); Fat 8g; Fiber 1g

The Hulk Protein Shake

*2 scoops vanilla protein powder

*1 1/2 TBS sugar-free pistachio pudding mix (dry)

*1 mint leaf or a few drops peppermint extract (optional)

*8 oz cold Water (or low fat milk)

*3-5 ice cubes

Add all ingredients to blender, blend, and pour into cup.

Calories 19; Carbs 5g; Protein (depends on your protein powder and whether you use milk or water; Fat 0g; Figer 0g.

Just a quick comment on food journals. Since I'm still in the mushies stage, I'm tracking only Protein (60 g/day) and Water intake (64 oz. or more per day). I don't eat and drink at the same time anymore. After eating 15 g of Protein at each of four meals, I have a small amount of mashed up veggies or fruits. I have had maybe two tablespoons of mashed potatoes at a few meals since the surgery. I have not added in any other carbs yet. I have not been counting calories. There are so few calories there's no point in counting them!

The four high-protein meals per day have been working very well so far--I haven't been getting hungry between meals, so I haven't needed any snacks!

Steph, Mederma is stuff you put on scars to supposedly make them smaller or less noticable. It's not super cheap so I got a small tube, and my scars are healing well - I have no idea if the Mederma is helping. I've never had surgery before so I was hoping someone else had, and had tried it! :)

Little white scars on a white belly is good, vs. pink or reddish ones! :)

Maybe next year I'll bare my belly more so it's not so pale!

hi everyone . i did my surgery in 23-12-2006

my weight at the day of banding was 398 lb BMI is 60:rolleyes:

now i lost 13 lb

my goal is 175 lb :)

i am now in the liquid stage .. it is a little hard not to eat any thing specially at the holidays :hungry: .

so wish me luck to keep going steadily

by

G'day all :)

Sunday for most of you, Monday morning here (back to work) for me. At least it's only 5 hours a day, 5 days at the moment (due to a fractured knee)

Well GUESS WHAT? I started walking today, reading all your posts I was inspired by your enthusiasm. I was up at 5.30am YAWN and went for a 30 min walk around the local park. Every journey begins with the first step.I'm on the way.

okiefamily: You could be right about not eating enough calories, but I'm not sure I can eat anymore if I tried :) I still think my body is retaining fluids after the hospital stay :) My body is showing definate signs of weight loss, just not the scales.

NGAdams: Thanks for the idea about taking measurements. I'll get onto that tronight after work, coz I know for sure my body has changed shape and shrinking.

Skinnymon: LMAO @ craving runny, mushy chicken. I'm actually visualising and craving tuna Mornay. And ya know what? I would NEVER eat Tuna before the surgery, I have not eaten Tuna in about 5 years hahaa. I've been told to stay away from corn, is it the same for you folk?? and can anyone tell me why?? How am I gonna have a Tuna Mornay without corn??

KayDotRn: CONGRATS on getting through the Holiday Party Feast Time. A difficult time for sure, these things are sent to try us I'm sure. Thankfully due to my surgery, I've managed to stay away from parties and invites, leading the quiet life. However I will admit to having a few liquids shooters for the New Year Celebrations.

Happy New Year to all - Keep smiling - keep supporting each other thats why we are here :) CHEERS

Siyah--have you noticed that since your surgery you are cold more often? I have noticed this alot lately, however, I'm in Denver, Colorado and we've have four feet of snow in December. It's still laying out there on my lawn and we're expecting more this Friday.

You know- I didn't make the connection, but you're right! I am colder post surgery! Hum. What so folks make of that? Denver is crazy right now! I feel for you guys!

Annie - ohhhhh - I use vit.E - I had the capsles already so I just cut one open and smear it on - I'm not too worried about showing my belly. My goal for next summer is to Water ski in a one peice suit. We are lakers - spend every free moment at the Water BUT I haven't even tried to get up on skis for about 5 years because its so hard to pull your weight out of the water - when you are overweight you have to have strong arms and I'm just not strong enough... but this year I will.

Gerbera - did I read a fractured knee? I broke my knee 11/8 in a car accident, had my surgery 12/11 so I was in a brace until Christmas. I have just started walking this week. Doing 10 minutes at a time on the treadmill but then in the evening my hip aches so I think I must still be limping. I actually went for my first real walk today - I walked a mile but I live in a valley so I have a hill to climb either direction - it feels more like 4 miles! I was ok until coming back down hill my knee started hyper-extending but it was great walking again. My 2 dogs loved it - I told hubby they acted like I had taken them on a field trip they were so excited to be out walking. I'm going to do the mile a day until I feel I can double it. (Corn doesn't digest well so they say stay away)

Skinnymom - everything gets better everyday. I can't believe I'm already 4 weeks out as of tomorrow and I feel as if I never had surgery. If I press I can feel my port but its not as if I'm aware of it otherwise. And I feel like I could eat whatever I wanted too - I'm on soft foods so that lets me eat almost anything I want. Of course I haven't tried steak or things that I think might get stuck and I try to make healthy choices first. I don't eat white breads but whole grains go down well. I'm at the point where I'm VERY ready for my first fill. I see the dr on Tues, they'll have me eating regular food and chart it and they said if all goes well I should be able to get a fill the following tuesday.

Siyah - I've seen all the snow you've been getting! wow! This is a really weird year for PA we've had very little snow and temps in the 50's and 60's - its beginning to scare people. Its either coming soon and hard or we'll have a lousy summer. My dil bought my son a snowblower for christmas and he's ready to turn it in for a dirt bike.

For those of you on liquids - Soups you can melt some LF cottage cheese in it to thicken it and it also adds Protein, bean Soup - strain the Beans - blend them up and re-add to broth and its a good thick Soup, I did the same with homemade potato soup - just a hint to get you past the "I want to eat!" phase.

Steph C---No I'm on solids now. I no longer have to puree anything. I just have to take small bites. I eat five meals a day. Each meal should only be 4 oz---so that's 3 oz Protein and 1 oz veggies. I'm needing a fill though--what about you?

:) :) :hungry: I had my surgery on Dec. 11, and I am having a horrible time with the food. I know the band is working, I have not had a fill yet but I am not hungry until around 1pm. So I know the band is working I am gagging on those pureed foods so what can I do? I eat only twice a day, I am not hungry but when I eat, I will eat ground beef, potatos and cheese. (chopped really good) Please :help: me because I do not want to dislodge my band. Any Suggestions?

Offerocker - you aren't still on liquids are you? We were banded the same day.

:) :) :hungry: I had my surgery on Dec. 11, and I am having a horrible time with the food. I know the band is working, I have not had a fill yet but I am not hungry until around 1pm. So I know the band is working I am gagging on those pureed foods so what can I do? I eat only twice a day, I am not hungry but when I eat, I will eat ground beef, potatos and cheese. (chopped really good) Please :help: me because I do not want to dislodge my band. Any Suggestions?

Has anyone on soft foods tried the already cooked tuna or salmon filets that come in the packages like tuna fish? I am wondering if they are any good or if they are gross?

i have tried salmon it's ok, i mush it up

kaydot-- i also sleep on my tummy, no i lay kind of on my tummy with my port side kind of higher up, so i'm slightly onmy side and i put a pillow under my port side. i sleep good like that. Now i can't wait to lose enough weight where my arms don't go numb!

KAYDOT...glad I could help you put things in perspective!

NAT...I Try to keep a food journal just to make sure I'm getting in enough Protein and also to see how many calories I'm getting in. The first 2 weeks I was only at 6-700 cals a day....but now that I can eat anything, I'm definitely hovering around 1000-1200 a day....can't wait for that first fill!

BY...welcome to the group!!! Look forward to seeing more of your posts and hope you're doing well!