Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

I'M HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here I am on day 12 (2 weeks) from surgery. My first post-op check in is tomorrow afternoon... But I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HUNGRY! I want to start gnawing on my arm! I am still on full liquids (suppose to be for another week yet) but I am going to BEG BEG BEG the nutritionist tomorrow to advance me to mushies, bc I am starving! I can take in a lot more than I should at this point too. I started off being full after 4. oz. but now I can easily do 12-16 and probably more if I tried. I am pureeing chili and Soups and all sorts of stuff I probably should not be yet. HEEEEEEEEEELP!? Is anyone else in limbo between surgery and a fill and not quite on mushies and just famished????

Also, the last 3 days I've gained weight... which is depressing! I was down almost 18 lbs. Now I've gained 3 of those back. ICK!

Any words of wisdom would be GREATLY appreciated!!! :)

THANKS!!!!!!!

:hug: Hugs,

Jess

Kristen and Jameza - Thanks for the suggestion on the Isopure. Chubbygirl also suggested nectar from GNC as well so I'm off there tomorrow.

Kristen - good luck with your fill. Mine is scheduled on the 31st. I look forward to it. I didn't realize that there are different types of bands. I'll check with my doctor to see which one I have.

(((Nathalie))))

Good luck back at work tomorrow. I hope the day goes okay for you. BTW, how is the new daycare or have you used it yet?

I thought I was your only steady...now I have to compete with B-man??/ hmmph! Me thinks there will have to be a stuffin-shakin competition. hahahaha. I too am amazed at how steady the board is! It is great though to see so much support.

I am so excited for thekids to go back to school tomorrow and get my butt back to the gym. I have missed it immensely. I am afraid of feeling wiped out since I am not getting much for calories/day. I am not feeling much restriction at this point and I am assuming the healing has made my swelling go down. But I am not starved. I am bored to tears with my Protein shakes, Soup, and runny mashed taters that have become my daily diet, but I am plugging along okay. I look forward to variety and dream of some roasted veggies-zuchini, peppers, asparagus etc. I wonder if they will be well tolerated. Only time will tell.

9 more days until my post op appt and my diet transition. Woohoo. I can get through it! I am really excited to start mushing some food! haha.

I ordered the starter kit from Bariatriceating.com to try out some different Protein samples. I am not digging the ones I have (Designer Whey) as they are pretty gritty. I will let you all know what I find when I get them.

Have a good night all.

(((Nathalie))))

I thought I was your only steady...now I have to compete with B-man??/ hmmph! Me thinks there will have to be a stuffin-shakin competition. hahahaha.

Uh Oh... now we have to fight... :fencing: Unguard!

I'M HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here I am on day 12 (2 weeks) from surgery. My first post-op check in is tomorrow afternoon... But I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HUNGRY! I want to start gnawing on my arm! I am still on full liquids (suppose to be for another week yet) but I am going to BEG BEG BEG the nutritionist tomorrow to advance me to mushies, bc I am starving! I can take in a lot more than I should at this point too. I started off being full after 4. oz. but now I can easily do 12-16 and probably more if I tried. I am pureeing chili and Soups and all sorts of stuff I probably should not be yet. HEEEEEEEEEELP!? Is anyone else in limbo between surgery and a fill and not quite on mushies and just famished????

Also, the last 3 days I've gained weight... which is depressing! I was down almost 18 lbs. Now I've gained 3 of those back. ICK!

Any words of wisdom would be GREATLY appreciated!!! :)

THANKS!!!!!!!

:hug: Hugs,

Jess

hey Jess

sounds like you are doing great. I am four days post op and my doctor only requires 2 weeks of full liquids and then 2 weeks of mushies. I am sure he will let you progress to mushies!! good luck, and dont worry about the re-gain - it was probably just Water weight - or is it possible its that time of the month - Water retention?

Good evening everyone Look at us we are growing (in numbers) as we are losing ( in lbs ) What a great bunch of folks I have chosen for friends. Well my latest news is I got called for a job interview today so wish me luck. It is for a nurse research position, it sounds intresting. I haven't worked for a year since my husband got sick so it would be nice to be back to work. It is so good to hear everyone is doing so great. I am going to see my Dr on the 9th so I am hoping for a fill because I am not as restricted as I was. The only thing I notice now is if I eat too fast I will get hung and food will come back up. That also hurts so I haven't done it much. My scars are healing great I think in a year you won't be able to see them hardly. Where my port is, its just a fine pink line. I am hoping to some day get a Tummy Tuck so I am hoping my belly looks ok after. I have slowed down according to the scales but my jean size says I have lost so I am not worried too much. I am going to start back to the gym thursday so that should help too. Welcome to all the new Dec Bandsters we are so glad to have you. I am so glad we have some guys here too. Well that is about all for tonight just know I remeber all of you in my prayers cause I need you all.

Good suggestions to come....read on.....

Okay, so much to reply to. 1st, Ene, I had the Icopure zero carb clear liquid drink from GNC, dr. said to do it, it's perfect for this. Yes, it is $3.75 a bottle, but a bottle is 40 grams of Protein in a 20 oz. bottle. Also, I would say go ahead and try some full liquids like Protein shakes. The best is unjury, you can get at www.unjury.com and it has 20 grams of Protein perserving. You just mix the powder with milk or whatever. Tastes ok, but it's well worth it.

Now, GrumpyNYC, hello to you as well. As far as pain, I'm just about done with the pain. I got pain pills, but I have stopped using them. The only pain is my throat gets dry quickly, especially over night. They at the same time did an endoscopy to remove some pre-cancerous cells from my reflux that I didn't know I had.

Okay, my secrets of the trade. 1st of all, I have an amazing doctor and staff, especially the staff. The nutritionist had come up with a 30 day liver shrinkage diet. It was 2000 mg sodium per day, 1200-1500 calories a day, and 30 grams of fat per day. Mostly fresh fruits and vegetables. Don't eat too much that is in a box, bag, can or bottle. As soon as I got used to this way, I would cook 3 or 4 meals at a time, and put them in tupperware. I found no sodium added green Beans, corn, peas, veg-all. And then I found low sodium forzen dinners in Healthy Choice. To help me splurging on this diet, on days that I wanted to cheat, I would look up the nutritional info on fast food stores, and then if I wanted something that had too much fat or sodium, I knew I had to drink the Unjury shakes the rest of the day. My favorite is McDonald's Big Mac, only 1010 mg sodiu, but 30 grams of fat, with 56o calories. I would have one of those and then shakes the rest of the day. This way, I had 25 g protein from the big mac and then 20 g protien in a shake. I always bot low calorie, low fat, low sodium stuff. It was great. Also, I'm very active, I walk every day, not that much, and not at once, but I made it work, and it worked well. I have lost about 15 pounds since the surgery.

I truly do have a wonderful dr. Lots of people don't like him cuz of his attitude, but he is very cautious and concerned about his patients. Here is what my diet was supposed to be.

30 days before surgery - low sodium diet

24 hours before surgery - go on Clear Liquids ONLY

for 3 days after surgery - Clear Liquids

next 2 weeks - full liquids like shakes and cream Soups

then for next couple of weeks - pureed food and MASHED POTATOES!!! gotta love KFC! :)

Please, if anyone has any questions, please pm me, or ask me, I am very glad to help. Please ask away, it makes me feel useful, and it helps me repay those who have helped me and answered my questions along the way.

Thank you for all of your support. Please pm me with questions, I love the attention! j/k

Love ya all!!!

i AM GLAD TO HEAR EVERYONE MADE IT THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS

NGADAMS I AM HAPPY TO HEAR ABOUT U STICKIN WITH WORKING OUT I AM TOO I GET MY FIRST MEAL ABOUT THE 20TH OF THIS MONTH CAN NOT WAIT

I WORKED OUT YESTERDAY AT THE GYM FOR ABOUT ONE HR

I AM NOT LIFTING WEIGHTS UNTIL I AM ABOUT A MONTH OUT

STEPH GLAD TO HEAR U ARE DOING WELL

JON THAT IS CUTE ABOUT YOUR KIDS THAT IS SWEET

MY YOUNGEST WON'T COME NEAR MY TUMMY BECAUSE OF THE FEAR OF HURTING ME

ENE- I LIKE THE Soup AT HAND chicken WITH STARS BECAUSE U ARE ON CLEAR LIQUIDS U CAN HAVE THIS AND THE STARS ARE ALL AT THE BOTTOM IF U DON'T shake IT UP AND U CAN THROUGH THEM OUT

STEPH SOUNDS LIKE U DID PRETTY GOOD I AM GLAD U HAD FUN

I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE ON THE NEW POST LETS ALL KEEP UP THE POST AND GOOD BANDSTER VIBE HIP HIP HOORAY

Steph-

As promised I found the "Mom Jeans" commercial from Saturday Night Live that made me giggle when you were talking about hating the lowrise jeans. If you get a chance, check it out. So funny....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoa5ACQnRm0]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Wow I cant keep up with this thread! Welcome all!!!

I am pretty much on regular softer foods now. I am not eating much it seems but I am not losing either! I sure hope this fill coming up helps - I have so many friends that have recently had Rou-n-y and it is hard to see them. Losing 45-50 lbs in 6 -8 weeks! I am working my butt off and stuck at 15 lbs. Makes me nervous that I made the wrong decision. Jill