Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Skinnymom---I think that's where your port is. From what I understand the muscles get sore having something foreign around/in them. I think it gets better as time goes by---at least mine has. I occassionally can feel it, but it's not like in the beginning.

offerRocker - thanks! at least that sounds encouraging - so glad to have such good support.

P.S. Take your measurements! That scale is so flaky. One day you're losing, the next day you're gaining. WTF? I am taking my measurements every 2 weeks. I am also taking pictures on the 14th of each month, the date I had my surgery. I can't wait to see progress. I want to shake my stuffins!

Hello Everyone! I was banded on Dec. 26th, and so far things are going wonderfully! With the pre-op diet they had me on, I have now lost a total of 43 pounds in the past month! I'm doing the happy dance now! Can't wait to hear from lots of you.

Hello Everyone! I was banded on Dec. 26th, and so far things are going wonderfully! With the pre-op diet they had me on, I have now lost a total of 43 pounds in the past month! I'm doing the happy dance now! Can't wait to hear from lots of you.

43 lbs - thats unbeleivable - I am so happy for you!! I only lost 11 lbs between the pre-op and the surgery on 12/28. good luck and keep us posted!

Hey ENE, my dr. had me on only 3 days of Clear Liquids, then 2 weeks of full liquids, which includes your Protein Shakes. I am in the full liquids stage right now, but I have had a few little bites of food, just chewed it well, and haven't had a problem at all. I also don't know the difference between the 2 bands, and I don't know which one I got, but I don't think it was the Swedish. Anyway, if you feel like trying a shake, I say go for it, just do it slowly. Baby steps!!!!

Thank you skinnymom. The pre op diet was awesome. It was low fat and low sodium, and it was mainly to shrink the liver for the operation. And it worked wonderfully. Not many dr's at all do this diet. But right before the operation, I only had to go on a 24hr clear liquid diet, which i have heard that most people do lots more clear liquids, or they have to drink this stuff to clean out their system.

ene-if you take in enough Protein every day your energy will come back. Some folks were required to take in 40 grams; others have posted 60 grams. As for me, my doctor recommends 90 grams per day.

ene-if you take in enough Protein every day your energy will come back. Some folks were required to take in 40 grams; others have posted 60 grams. As for me, my doctor recommends 90 grams per day.

Believe me I want to take in more Protein but how can I do this on the clear liquid diet that I still have to be on for a few more days?

Thanks,

Eric

Holy Mackerel -

I see I can't keep up with you posting December Bandits anymore! I had to read 2 pages to catch up. There are so many of us now! WELCOME NEW COMERS!

I know what you mean.... These December Bandsters are coming out of the woodwork! welcome all!!

I'm glad to see my steady girls are doing well - you know who you are!

Are you tryin' to say we are going steady?!? :) you sexy mama you! hehe...

I'm so glad you are back and feeling better... no more problems out of you young lady!

Hi Douglas,

I was banded the same day as you. Your results are amazing, congratulations. How are you feeling in terms of pain? I'm doing pretty good except from a chest pain given I had a hiatal hernia repair at the same time.

Question to all the bandsters here:

As Eric was saying in one of his postings (hi Eric and congrats on your surgery), it is difficult to keep a 40, 60 or even 90gr of Protein on a daily basis, especially in the first 4 weeks of liquid and mushie diet [2 of each according to my doctor]. I did buy from GNC Protein powder to use for shakes either w. milk or Water but each serving gives approx. 9gr. I'm just entering my second week of liquids, and even getting 40grs is a problem. Are there any other ways you guys found for Protein intake? :help:

Thanks and happy new year to all of you

Athina

Eric - I'd call your doc and see if they'll ok Protein shakes for you. Other options that most doctors consider "clear" liquids is chicken broth - which has at least a miniscule amount of Protein. If you're weak, though, the doc may ok Protein Shakes.

Athina - look around at GNC - there are lots of other Protein Shakes that have a higher protein content. The one I use is nectar and it tastes kind of like a fruit juice - it's certainly tolerable and almost pleasant. It has 23 grams of protein, no carbs at all, for a scoop (90 calories).

Annie

Hi all, I am surprised to read that some of you are already eating food. All I can have are those Protein Drinks, liquid Soup that I bought from the surgeons office, (it's pure liquid) sugar free popcicles, sugar free Jello, and sugar free hot chocolate. It's getting old in a hurry. I don't want to cheat but it will be a miracle if I make it 4 weeks this way. I am so tempted to go and buy some crackers! lol but I really want to try my best to do as the dr. ordered. I have lost 7 lbs since I was banded on fri. so that helps when I think of another Protein Drink.< /p>

Athena and Eric....go back to GNC and look for the Isopure products. In each scoop of that powder there is 25g of Protein in them!! Eric, I'm sure your Dr. would be OK w/you having some Protein Powder mixed in w/Water.....that would definitely help you w/the Engergy.

Welcome Doug too!! Seems like we've got a few guys on here! Great to see! :)

Glad to see all of us Bandsters hanging in there!! I am actually going to get my fill after 4 weeks!! I'm so excited! I'm going a week from Thursday....I have the VG Band so I'm hoping I get at least 3ccs for the first fill.

I am a BIG Water drinker and I don't have any problem downing a large glass several times a day so its been hard for me to stop at a few sips - which I never do - I gulp about a half a glass and then stop myself before I over fill my pouch. I think I'll have to talk to doc about this subject.

When you do, please let us know what s/he says. I'm concerned about this too, I love to drink crystal light.

Believe me I want to take in more Protein but how can I do this on the clear liquid diet that I still have to be on for a few more days? Thanks, Eric

Try liquid Isopure from GNC - it's pricey ($3.75 a bottle) but that is ALL I drank for the first 48 hours... in 1 oz. dose cups (2 g. of Protein per oz.) :) You can get it in that way!!! And they are transparent, so no issues with icky powder not mixing well or anything like that!!!! (and hey, they taste pretty good too! my fav. was the pinnapple/banana/orange). Good luck!

AWESOME!!!!!!! Congrats to you! What tricks of the trade do you have to share for that INCREDIBLE accomplisment??! :mad:

Keep it up!

-Jess