Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

I might have a lunch date today..we'll see. I know I said I was waiting till the new year..but this sort of happen unexpected. Anyways..lol..we'll see. I've already told him about my band. I really have come to the conclusion that telling this early on is wayyy better. I rather not have him waste my time if its a big deal for him.

Why is it the cuter the guys get the more suspect I get of them being players? I dunno if its just the attitude or what..but I'm on high alert with this guy..lol

I agree with you. I'm scared to date a cute guy because I suspect them to wander easily than a less attractive guy. Who knows? Maybe I'm just crazy :eek:

DiBaby, sometimes the cute guys get tired of being "arm candy" and are looking for a girl who's confident in herself no matter her size or weight. I know a couple of really cute guys who tell me they get tired of gals who judge them on looks alone. They understand it's whats within that counts in the long run. Good Luck :)Laura

Greyhounder-you ARE date-able at any weight. It's all a matter of confidence. I'm still over 200 pounds, but am pleased to announce I get quite a few approving looks from guys and loving every minute of it. Just dress to show off your curves girl, hold your head up high and go for it!

Thank you! It's nice to hear this. I really appreciate it.

I had a lardo, thinking that he'd for sure stay. Ha.....biggest disappoinment of my life. All men think they deserve a 10, doesn't matter if they are a size 34 or 50!

I changed my picture on Plenty of Fish. I get an email almost every day now. They have a chat feature there too, and I have chatted with a couple of guys. They both live very far away. It feels good that my new picture has changed things around for me. I used to send a picture and never hear a word after they asked for it.

One person even told me I was beautiful. I don't think that's completely true, but it sure felt good!

Just wandered back in, didn't have net access down there. Overall a good trip, today has been a beat-down travel day (5 hours late and nobody knows where the luggage is). I have several hundred pictures to sort through.

Is there an update on John? Is he better?

Denise, good for you!

Hey Guys, just wanted to check in for a few seconds. My new GF and I are still going strong.

Work is horrible. I am right now finishing up an 18 hour work day!

I hope everyone had a Good Christmas and New Year. I also hope John is recovering well.

I had to postpone my 100 mile Everglades kayaking adventure until spring break. That darn work thing seems to keep getting in the way. I am still training as if I were going next week though.

I am sorry to cut it short and be so generic with my post but I have to get some sleep as I am on call today.

Will check back in when work settles down a bit.

JC

Glad to hear everything is going well JC! WooHoo!

Manatee- I had the same problem with my luggage when I went to ITaly. There I was in Rome with no luggage for two days! Be so thankful that you are home without the luggage instead of a country where you don't speak the language. I remember worrying because there are no "bargain" stores over there, pure fashion with the high prices! lol Being a teacher, that was going to hurt big! It will find you! Glad to hear ,other than that, you had a good vacay. I am trying to figure out where to go to next!

Missy-You LOOK AWESOME!

Greyhnd-Date when you feel you are ready! It's all about the confidence thing!

Denise-Things should pick up now that you put your pic on your profile! Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Hi Chrispygal. I was excited to see that someone started a thread like this. I am 36, single, living North of Boston. I am scheduled to be banded on Feb. 11. I just started dating a guy and have been contemplating telling him or not. I don't really know what to say when I am in the hospital and out of commission for a a week or two. It's kindof a weird subject to just bring up. It's nice to know that he likes me at the weight I'm at now and imagine it will be even better when I start losing weight and feeling better about myself. Also, what about having sex after the band? How soon after can you? Can anyone give some info about that? just curious!:eyebrows:

So, my dad made a comment to me the other day....I know (I really do know) that he did not mean any disrespect (he wouldn't hurt me for the world)...but... my head twisted the words.

Comment: So, I guess come spring time I will have to come to your apartment every night and sit there with my shot gun to fend on the guys.

My brain heard: I guess you are not "dateable" till you lose more weight.

He didn't mean it that way, it was meant to be a compliment, but my head twists things---That's my own body issues I suppose.

JFran, that is "twisted brain talk" and we've all heard ourselves do it. But the thing is, in Dad-speak, he meant well. And your pictures tell the story. You're blossoming from "Cute" to "Pretty" To "Smokin' Hot" - so yeah, Dad better load up & ready his aim.

2008 is going to be our Victory Year, so get ready, JFran!

JFran daddy's sometimes say the dumbest things I swear. When I told mine I was having surgery he said.."Well I guess you gotta make your hook look better if your gonna catch any fish" ugh..

Okay right now there's some hot maintenance guy standing in front of my cube on a ladder doing something in the ceiling..wow..just wow..lol..gonna be a good day..lol

btw..still very single..LOL..not even trying

Well, was having a nervous breakdown last week...for real.

Single and struggling!

2 oldest children moved into campus housing...they are out of the house....of course I moved 4 blocks away.

All the pressures of 2 parents/4grandparents have been on ME all these 17 years.

Multiple personality? Couldn't have gotten along without them!

(no, no diagnosis here...just a joke)

Being banded and my healthcare seems to be the only thing in my life that I do solely for ME.