Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

Yvonne, I really hope you can find some peace and quiet in your life... I'm sorry that you are going through a rough time. Life never seems easy, does it?

JC- I love your positive outlook on life- you really are an inpiration! If I were you, I would be rebanded after I was healed, too- just so I could make sure I would maintain my goal. But it sounds like you've really got a grasp on things healthwise!

I don't really know what happened last night with Matt, but something changed. We talked about some stuff, and We've both never felt liket this towards anyone else. My favorite parts of the night were the "You're so amazing" comment, and the "You are so sexy" comment. haha It makes me think that we might actually last a while! I thought that I was going to go home last night, but I ended up staying the night. I wasn't planning to, I promise! I've now spent pretty much the last 3 days and 2 nights with him. Let me tell you- I live with my parents in the summer when I am not in NYC and they are not happy to see me gone so much, but this is my life, and I am finally starting to live it!

I move to NY on Sunday... and I just might be heartbroken.

Hi all,

JC - I wanted to mention that a good friend of mine from childhood was banded just a few weeks after me (Nov 2005)... she's been incredibly successful, followed all the rules, near goal weight - but still had many issues with her band. She went in the hospital in April of this year to repair a slip. By July she was back in due to an obstruction - they removed the band and replaced with a new one at the same time.

She tells me the new band is like night and day from the old one.... much better. I'm guessing she got the new band I've been hearing about.

Do you have another appt before the 9/5 surgery where you'll be able to go over your concerns with the Dr? (assuming you have any)

Sorry if you've already talked about this... I got up to page 70 last night and have a few more to read before I'm completely caught up with things.

Karla

The Doctor gave me his personal assistant's number, I plan on giving her a call and getting more details on the whole deal. Thanks for the info though, I will let them know that I want a replacement if possible.

JC

FALSE ALARM, EVERYONE!!! I guess I boasted a little too early about the 2 pounds I lost last week because they both found me again. :)

I haven't lost anything significant since June. I think it's because I haven't been going to the gym as much as I should. I just hate it. I've tried to become one of those "love to workout" people but it's just not me.

Speaking of those people...JC, thank you for the InDesign tips. :) That's an excellent idea they had. I just need to find someplace safe to store my prefs in case my hard drive goes out, which I'm expecting any day now with the way my week has gone. And, yes, I was kidding about the network guys--they're actually pretty great to me. I think it's pitty mostly. Usually when I enter their area I'm hyperventilating and on the verge of tears.

While we're on the subject of slips and such...I remember some girls on the other threads saying they had to sign a document promising never to throw up again. Did anyone here have to do that? For whatever reason I was thinking about it the other day and wondering why in the world a surgeon would have a patient sign that. Was it to avoid a lawsuit if slippage occured? It can't possibly be legally binding because it's an involuntary reflex.

It also made me wonder...Does anyone else carry prescribed anti-nausea medication with them? My surgeon gave it to me at my pre-op meeting. It comes in a little syringe-looking thing (without a needle) and you rub it on your wrists. It really works, too, but I haven't had any viruses or serious illnesses since I was banded--just the occasional "uh-oh" feeling when I was eating. I've never PB'ed.

DerbyGirl, you could get IT to hook you up with a thumb drive. That should solve the problem and on the cheap too.

As for exercise I feel so alive when I give it my all. I did that today but I am paying the price.

No derby, I didn't I have to sign any kind of statement that I wouldn't throw up again. That's weird. It's not like you can totally prevent that when you're sick. My docs didn't give me medicine to prevent me from throwing up either, but they did tell me if I was worried I could call and they'd give me something. On another note, I've been stalled all month myself. I think it's mostly due to the fact that I stopped exercising and that I've been drinking more since I'm going out more often. My love for watermelon martinis is not helping matters. lol

Derbygirl, I am really tired of not losing too. The only reason I have lost anything since June is because I had a very bad episode with throwing up and I put myself on liquids for a week.

But, everyone tells me I won't lose any weight if I don't tighten my band. So I am getting another fill. I hope it helps. I don't care if I have to stay on a liquid diet at first if I am too tight. I didn't pay all this money to not lose weight. I just have to remember to slow down and stop eating like I don't have a band. It's hard when you're really hungry to start to eat too fast. That's what gets me in trouble.

Jc, I can't wait to hear what you find out. I don't see why they can't replace your band if you need that. Does your insurance pay for this? I would really be in trouble if I needed mine replaced. I don't have another

10,000 to pay for a new band.

Denise, that is one of the questions I have to work out. From what I understand because I went into an emergency room with a medical emergency that part is covered. The correction is a medically neccesary procedure. I don't know if a replacement would be covered. I went the self pay route too.

JC

Hi all

No changes for me on the dating front, but at least I'm finally off my weight plateau. The weight is starting to drop off again, and the new jeans are loose. Hurrah!

Got another pool party coming up next week, I think this time I'll bring swim trunks and a Tshirt. I took a real good look at the last set of pictures and took a look around, and finally realized that I'm almost "normally overweight" now. For some reason when I look in the mirror I still see Jabba the Hutt, hopefully the pics are telling the real story.

In other news, I decided to change vehicles. I bet this thing will piss off a few Prius owners ;)

post-0-13813135444111_thumb.jpg

As for exercise I feel so alive when I give it my all. I did that today but I am paying the price.

I gotta say, you're really an inspiration when it comes to the exercise thing. When I don't want to get up, I think of your daily triathalon and move my lazy butt :huggie:

WWJCD?

Thanks Manatee, I have really poured it on here in the last few weeks. I hate to say this because I'm concerned someone is going to get the impression that I am full of it but, I added another session in the mix.

My last workout was 4:30 am stationary bike ride, 4:30 pm 3 mile nonstop jog (25 mins) with a 1/2 mile warm-up/cool-down, 7:00 pm 4 mile walk, 8:05 pm 6 sets of stadium steps. 9:30 pm experiance pain and go to bed!

I guess if I have any doubters they could just come to Dade City and live a day with me! YEE HAW!

JC

Congrats on the new truck Manatee! :huggie: I know what you mean about looking in the mirror and still feeling huge. I still just as fat as I always was and it's not until I look at an old picture that I realize that I look better.

JC, when I was exercising I was walking, biking, and doing exercise videos. I really need to kick it up and hit the gym. It's hard though - I work long hours and don't get home until after 6 most nights, then I do some volunteer work, and there's always laundry or cleaning to do. I know that it's all just excuses though and that I need to MAKE time for myself. That needs to be my one priority.

So....update on my love life. Mike and I are still dating. Haven't had a talk about being exclusive. I think he's just kind of assuming to be honest with you. lol. It's going fairly well and I like him, but we have hit a little bump in the road. He's a workaholic. I understand he owns his own business and there are some times he works day and night (literally) because his business is seasonal. I get that he likes to work and I think this is great. I really do. But, and this is a big BUT, I absolutely have zero interest in being in a realtionship with someone I see once a week. I don't want that. I've done it and it's not fulfilling. I talked to Mike about it last weekend and asked him to be honest with me about how often his schedule is like this. He told me 6 months out of the year, he usually works like a dog. I then explained to him how much I don't want to be with someone who doesn't have time for me and that I'm done sacraficing what I need from a relationship for the other person. I've been there, and I won't do it again. He understood and said it's been a problem in past relationships. Then I told him it was Murphy's Law because it's not easy for me to find someone I really like, and he acted kind of shocked that I said that and then said hey, we can work it out. So I think he thinks I was serious, but I'm not certain. lol. He did call me on Wed and we went for dinner and he spent the night, which was nice, and we're supposed to go out tonight as well although it's 6:30 and he's still out working. Grrr... So I don't know. I'm really struggling with this. I don't need to be with someone 24/7, but I don't want to be in a relationship to be alone either. WHY does this dating crap have to be so difficult?!!!! Ugh!!!

Chrispy, I am with you on the dating thing. That difficulty is what is keeping me from jumping back into the scene right now, the thought of it just busts me up inside.

One thing I do know is this, you seem to do the right things. I take from your posts that you are a very effective communicator, I think a lot of people would have tried to "fix" the issue you are having instead of talking it out. I hope he recognizes and appreciates this strength of yours.

Also, Manatee that is one nice truck! I was thinking of painting my blazer a similar color.

JC