Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve holds too much food

Buddy, I have felt the same and I am 3 months out. When you get to solid stage, there will be some respite in hunger. But do measure your food and do not eat egg yolk.

Buddy' date=' I have felt the same and I am 3 months out. When you get to solid stage, there will be some respite in hunger. But do measure your food and do not eat egg yolk.[/quote']

Why not eat egg yolk I'm curious ?

I had my sleeve on 01/24/2013. I too have thought I could "eat" too much. Im still in full liquid stage. I did have a soft scrambled egg omelet last night using two eggs but was only able to eat about half. It was way more filling than just my applesauce or Soups. I have been buying the gerber babyfood applesauce and I reuse the little plastic bowls it comes in to "measure" my portions. I fill them with lowfat cottage cheese and take them to school with me (Im in college) along with my protien shake in my lunchbox...........our surgery dates are so close :) we need to keep up with each other :) Good luck :) we will be just fine.

Angelamarie, except for the fact that I was sleeved on 1/23, it could have been me writing your posts. :) I have been sooo hungry.

I can't express how much I appreciate Jenny and the others who have responded to this discussion.....you have most likely saved my sanity. I was beginning to wonder if I had made the biggest mistake of my life.

our surgeries were only a day apart :)

Why not eat egg yolk I'm curious ?

Yes, why not? I have scrambled eggs a couple times a week.

If I'm going to eat an egg, I'm going to eat the whole egg!! :)

Me too! :P

If I am correct, it contains too much fat. You can have as many egg whites as you like but only 1 egg yolk per day safely.

If I am correct' date=' it contains too much fat. You can have as many egg whites as you like but only 1 egg yolk per day safely.[/quote']

Is this something your doc told you?

Mine is of the opinion that I am not on a diet any longer so I shouldn't follow crazy diet rules. I eat eggs quite often. One egg is not enough calories or fat to put you over your daily limits. Two isn't either. They are a healthy food from the yolk to the white.

Avoiding fats in Cookies makes total sense when trying to lose weight. Avoiding an egg....that just does not compute with me :)

Thanks Iggy. I did not want to give up my 2 egg scramble with feta cheese, dill and fourS penzy spice. Two turkey links on the side. Yum!

Thanks Iggy. I did not want to give up my 2 egg scramble with feta cheese' date=' dill and fourS penzy spice. Two turkey links on the side. Yum![/quote']

Disclaimer Fiddleman is 7 months out!!!

Don't get any crazy ideas that you can do this now!!

:)

Oh and that sounds good !!

My fav Breakfast is red wine and jelly bellies....zero fat :P

But I suppose an egg will do heh heh

I think it's an outdated notion that eggs cause your cholesterol to go up, too much fat, etc. That was a big thing back in the 80s. Current medical knowledge is you can eat an egg or two every day and be fine. Having said that, eggs sit like a rock in my stomach now.

I was sleeved 1/9 and I can eat more than normal...I cannot eat breads at all but I agree this is stupid and.I don't know if it was worth it...I do the Protein Shakes and stuff still and I'm hungry if I don't eat every 3 hrs. Granted I don't eat the amount I use too. I started at 238 and now 223 so I haven't lost nearly as much as anyone else I have heard....maybe I should join the no weightloss forum :)....hang in there your not alone!