Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much did you lose and in what time frame

I want to set the date for surgery when I get my tax return back. I get nervous at times but I need tp get the dam weight off.

You can not compare your self to others. How much you have to lose is a big factor in how quick you will lose along with following your eating plan.

I was sleeved Aug 28th 2012 (5 months ago) and have lost 61lbs. I have reached my goal of 125lbs. I weighed 186 at time of surgery...

I remember the presurgery days :) Of course you aren't supposed to compare to others, but honestly, don't we all? LOL It's fun to imagine where you can be in xyz numbers of months etc.

So for fun :) I was sleeved the first time Aug 23 and then again end of sept (Don't actually know the date because I was so sick). So I gained a lot of weight in that first month (about 40lbs). But since early October I've lost over 50lbs (just over by a few points). 27 to go :) and I'll be at goal of 110lbs (I'm 5' tall).

The first couple of months I lost quickly, like half a pound or more a day, then I had this huge 7lb loss one day and from then on I've been stalling for weeks, then lose a bit, then stall, etc. I'm back into a likely stall myself but I don't mind slow weight loss as it's less likely to cause problems in your body (like gallbladder or kidney issues as well as hair loss and skin issues). My goal is to be at "goal" by May 7th which is my 50th bday. And then my bday treat will be to go to New York and blow a wad of money on a new wardrobe :)

I remember the presurgery days :) Of course you aren't supposed to compare to others' date=' but honestly, don't we all? LOL It's fun to imagine where you can be in xyz numbers of months etc.

So for fun :) I was sleeved the first time Aug 23 and then again end of sept (Don't actually know the date because I was so sick). So I gained a lot of weight in that first month (about 40lbs). But since early October I've lost over 50lbs (just over by a few points). 27 to go :) and I'll be at goal of 110lbs (I'm 5' tall).

The first couple of months I lost quickly, like half a pound or more a day, then I had this huge 7lb loss one day and from then on I've been stalling for weeks, then lose a bit, then stall, etc. I'm back into a likely stall myself but I don't mind slow weight loss as it's less likely to cause problems in your body (like gallbladder or kidney issues as well as hair loss and skin issues). My goal is to be at "goal" by May 7th which is my 50th bday. And then my bday treat will be to go to New York and blow a wad of money on a new wardrobe :)

[/quote']

Oh my, what happened with the first sleeve? What went wrong that you gained 40 pounds in a month? That's scary!

Oh my, what happened with the first sleeve? What went wrong that you gained 40 pounds in a month? That's scary!

OMG please don't ask her. Search under her name and I am sure you will find lots of posts telling you ALL about it.

OMG please don't ask her. Search under her name and I am sure you will find lots of posts telling you ALL about it.

oh okay, I will. I'm sure it gets tiresome repeating the story. my apologies.

I've lost 28 pounds in two months. I'm down 58 pounds from my highest weight.... and I'm still pre-op. I'm hoping for another 12 pounds in the next 5 weeks to meet my surgery goal weight. Unless you need to keep the weight on because you're so low bmi that you're afraid you won't qualify for surgery, there's no reason that you have to wait until surgery to start losing the weight!

oh okay' date=' I will. I'm sure it gets tiresome repeating the story. my apologies.[/quote']

Actually I don't mind sharing at all. No need to apologize. There are people here who don't like to read anything negative about the sleeve so sometimes their comments come off grumpy.

So the short version is I had my first surgery and had bleeding during the surgery. I was kept overnight without a blood transfusion for some reason which left me having seizures for those 24+ hours. Then I was taken to a hospital and given blood but while the seizures stopped, I just kept getting sicker and sicker. I asked for a leak test repeatedly and wasn't given one by my doctor. I ended up in and out of ER's and finally when my lung collapsed and they couldn't keep it drained I demanded to go to another hospital and fired my doc. The new hospital specialized in pulmonary issues (which I'd developed) and they had to get that under control then look to the cause of all the problem, which turned out to be a leak. It damaged my tissues so they did a new type of repair which was fortunately successful for me, but the whole ordeal took a couple of months with lots of really horrible procedures to deal with my lungs and then another surgery so I was on TPN (IV nutrition) and swollen from all of the procedures which caused the big gain. It was all Water and swelling issues, but it was kind of ironic given I'd gone in for WLS :)

Stories like mine are important to know about so that if you have any issues you will recognize what to do so you get good care quickly. In my case the doctor felt that my symptoms were related to a blood mass that was left in my abdomen and as such didn't do what he should have. Had I known then what I know now I'd have fired him long before I did.

By the way, he was a center of excellence in the US. These stories come from all over so do your homework if you haven't had the surgery yet. Ask how many leaks they have treated and how they treat them and if they give you a deer in the headlights look...go to another doctor!

Completely uncalled for. Please go ahead and put me on ignore if you have trouble reading my posts verses the above. I have a right to share my experience just as you have.

People cant tell anybody when and what not to post about their experience...thanks for sharing your story...its appreciated by me!

Actually I don't mind sharing at all. No need to apologize. There are people here who don't like to read anything negative about the sleeve so sometimes their comments come off grumpy.

So the short version is I had my first surgery and had bleeding during the surgery. I was kept overnight without a blood transfusion for some reason which left me having seizures for those 24+ hours. Then I was taken to a hospital and given blood but while the seizures stopped' date=' I just kept getting sicker and sicker. I asked for a leak test repeatedly and wasn't given one by my doctor. I ended up in and out of ER's and finally when my lung collapsed and they couldn't keep it drained I demanded to go to another hospital and fired my doc. The new hospital specialized in pulmonary issues (which I'd developed) and they had to get that under control then look to the cause of all the problem, which turned out to be a leak. It damaged my tissues so they did a new type of repair which was fortunately successful for me, but the whole ordeal took a couple of months with lots of really horrible procedures to deal with my lungs and then another surgery so I was on TPN (IV nutrition) and swollen from all of the procedures which caused the big gain. It was all Water and swelling issues, but it was kind of ironic given I'd gone in for WLS :)

Stories like mine are important to know about so that if you have any issues you will recognize what to do so you get good care quickly. In my case the doctor felt that my symptoms were related to a blood mass that was left in my abdomen and as such didn't do what he should have. Had I known then what I know now I'd have fired him long before I did.

By the way, he was a center of excellence in the US. These stories come from all over so do your homework if you haven't had the surgery yet. Ask how many leaks they have treated and how they treat them and if they give you a deer in the headlights look...go to another doctor![/quote']

thanks for sharing, this may help someone else avoid going through such a terrible time. Glad your all right now.

thanks for sharing' date=' this may help someone else avoid going through such a terrible time. Glad your all right now.[/quote']

Thanks for the input...love the deer in the headlights look LOL. I'll be sure to wear my hunting hat when I ask doc about how many leaks he fixed!!

When first heard of Dr. Huacuz onhis web side Certifiedbariatricsurgeons.com . I contacted several patients who had listed him as their surgeon. Everyone had wonderful things to say about him, his staff and his clinic. I contacted the office to get information about the surgery, the cost, the care, etc. Dr. Huacuz called me personally which really surprised me, as I had never had a US physician do that. We talked about specific things about the surgery and he answered all my questions, I choose to have the Vertical Sleeve. Once I decided to use him as my surgeon, I mainly spoke with Rosie. We spoke on the phone was well as email. The clinic is beautiful, modern and clean. The staff is friendly and attentive. I speak a little Spanish so I was anxious to practice my Spanish with the staff. They all speak very food English though. Dr. Huacuz has great bedside manner. I saw him at least once every day. Usually more than once, if he was not in the clinic, he was only a phone call away. He actually drove us himself to have our fluoroscopy. He gave us his cell phone number to call him if we had any questions or problems once we got home. I have emailed the office a couple of times since my surgery just to let them know how well I am doing, but I have not had any reply from them, but if I really wanted to get a hold from them, I could call Dr. Huacuz is highly skilled, very caring, and I would recommend him to anyone considering WLS. In fact, I plan to go back to him for my Tummy Tuck once I lose all my weight.