Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What i won't miss about been over weight.

Pretty much what all has been said.

Most important reached goal, is no more plus sizes. I officially can wear xl and regular 18 not 18w. And they are already getting loose!

Not feeling so uncomfortable. My fat hurts. I'm loving not being in that kind of discomfort. I still have a long way to go but ever little bit gone feels great!

Horrible self doubt. I still have issues but as the weight comes off I don't feel as much disappointment in my self. Confidence feels great!

The biggest thing I will not miss is when we go to a restaurant and get a booth moving the table so my "belly" isn't smushed by the table :(

Being terrified that something won't support my weight.

Stressing for months before a flight that I won't be able to sit next to my kids because I need their extra seat space.

Not wanting to buy clothes because I want to pretend I'm not going to be this size long enough to wear them.

Not wanting to jog because everything bounces and hurts and I might blow a knee.

Having the kids tell me that the kids at school make fun of me. I don't want my kids hearing that.

Lack of confidence. I don't reach out to old friends because I don't want them to see me.

I need to get a job and I know people look at you as "less than" when you are very overweight.

Lack of self control. I don't control what goes in my mouth anymore. The food controls me. It makes me sad and depressed.

I'm sure I could go on all day ha ha. There isn't much about being overweight that is positive. Just that it is a built in cushion when you fall and you stay warmer in the winter. I'm willing to give that up.

Things I can't wait for:

Fitting in airplane seats and seat belts

No more lane Bryant

Sexy panties and bra from Victoria secret

No more chub rub

Taking part in activities like zip lining and helicopter rides

People to stop judged me by weight

To walk up steps and not be out of breath

To put my socks and shoes on without sitting down to reach

To be able to cut and paint my own toe nails

To not wear a bathing suit skirt.

To fit in MY dining room chairs that have arms instead of avoiding them for the ones without

I could go on forever and I actually have a list I keep with me and add to when I think of things. February 27 can not come soon enough!

Compression stockings

Ugly 11ww shoes

Fear of wicker chairs

Not having enough room or flexibility to shave my legs in the shower (I go sit in my garden tub instead)

Using the handicap stall because it's bigger

Being forced to take leftovers because, hey, I'm fat and I probably want them.

Worrying about not being able to take my daughter on rides when she gets her first trip to Disney.

Having people look in my shopping cart when I buy groceries.

Things I won't miss.... my oh so sexy Cpap machine and morning and evening pills!

Refusing to go out because I didn't have anything cute to wear.

Feeling inferior around others.

Thinking I wasn't good enough

Plus size shopping

Wearing sweatpants everywhere

Rejecting my friends phone calls because I knew getting dressed came along with it

Not taking pictures

So many of these posts I really can relate, but I feel like avoiding pictures even ones with my family at outings makes me the most emotional. My son once asked me where I was at when looking at the photos. My answer...someone had to take the pic. I missed documenting my life and my life with my kids...have a lot of make up to do...

Post Op gift thoughts for myself...

A Nice Camera

Active Calendar full of Memorable Events!!

I can totally relate to all the things that won't be missed. I'd like to add:

1. Not Believing my husband when he tells me I'm beautiful.

2. Burning my annual school pictures cuz I can't stand to look at them.

3. covering my school ID photo with a cartoon sticker ( see 2).

4. Having to resist the urge to track down every student in my high school with a yearbook to destroy #2.

5. Feeling like people look at me and think "she is so organized, in charge, smart, successful, etc. Why is she so fat?"

Great thread! I agree with it all!

For me, I won't miss:

Constant worry and fear of seating for any and every event the occurs outside my home. Going to a friends house-will their chairs hold me? Going to the theater - will the seats be big enough, will it be too crowded that I'll have to sit right next to someone? Going on a flight - have to figure out a reason to take my kids or get out of traveling to avoid the embarrasment. Going to a new restaraunt - is the seating substantial and without arms? Can't go to outside seating places, they usually have flimsy lawn chairs with arms. Going to a cookout - have to avoid that all together, can't fit in lawn chairs. I could go on and on. Honestly, I knew it was a problem, but writing it down really makes it obvious how my weight has negatively impacted my life!

Also won't miss:

plus size stores (though I have been grateful for them)

old lady clothes

aches and pains

being treated as less than by people who are afraid of/hate fat people

when things don't go my way, wondering if I would be more successful if I were thin, or is it just me?

being the biggest person in the room

tiring too easily

Things I WON'T miss about being overweight:

1) Feeling trapped in this 'fat suit'

2) Not being able to play with my beautiful kids for long periods of time.

3) Not being able to shop in a 'normal' store for 'normal' sized clothes that are trendy and hip (I'm 28 and haven't shopped in those stores since I was 13...)

4) Having my large stomach cover 2/3 of my legs when I sit down.

5) Finding everyday things such as: going up stairs, getting dressed, cleaning house, putting on shoes/socks, showering uncomfortable and hard! WTH.. I'm 28, it's sad..

6) Rashes under my stomach and breasts.

7) Walking and my fat all over (arms, butt, back and tummy) giggling..

8) Fitting into chairs at restaurants, theaters, concerts and being so uncomfortable you CAN'T enjoy yourself!

9) Only having boring sex because I'm too big and uncomfortable for other positions.

10) I DON'T want my young kids (4 and 1 years old) knowing or remembering the obese Mom. I WANT to be a healthy, active role model for them. I don't want them to get teased or bullied because they have an obese parent.. That would be terrible. And I want to show them a healthy lifestyle so they will have the tools to NEVER have to go down this road of unhappiness..

Here's 10 for now. But I pretty much can relate to EVERY SINGLE post on here. It's sad really that we are missing out on life because of this. I am

So happy I found this forum. I have gained so much knowledge and I know that this journey is NOT going to be easy but being heavy isn't easy either.

Thank you so much for posting your personal feelings because it helps everyone! Good luck with your journeys :-)

Sheena

I just want to hug you all. I so relate to all of these. It's so sad what we deal with. I once had to stop my sister-in- law about asking me yet again what I did for my weight as if I has never dieted in my life. I actually broke down in tears and told her that I was a good person dammit. That if all they ever saw was my weight and were ashamed to be seen with me then I would make sure not to be around them. I told her it seemed that no one cared that I'm a hard worker, support myself, don't have a criminal record, and help rescues and shelters. I told her it seemed it would be more acceptable for them if I was a drug addict, prostitute, pedophile, serial killer than a far person. She shut up after that. That's the number one reason I like animals more than people. My dogs don't judge me and they know when I'm sad. They love me no matter my weight. Sorry it's been an emotional day and I just had to vent.

I just want to hug you all. I so relate to all of these. It's so sad what we deal with. I once had to stop my sister-in- law about asking me yet again what I did for my weight as if I has never dieted in my life. I actually broke down in tears and told her that I was a good person dammit. That if all they ever saw was my weight and were ashamed to be seen with me then I would make sure not to be around them. I told her it seemed that no one cared that I'm a hard worker' date=' support myself, don't have a criminal record, and help rescues and shelters. I told her it seemed it would be more acceptable for them if I was a drug addict, prostitute, pedophile, serial killer than a far person. She shut up after that. That's the number one reason I like animals more than people. My dogs don't judge me and they know when I'm sad. They love me no matter my weight. Sorry it's been an emotional day and I just had to vent.[/quote']

Sending you a hug!!

Our journey has brought us together from across the country to across the world.... All these things we will not miss... I'm so glad I did get to write them down and read others lists because it made me realize how much of life I've missed out on in my 35 years... Time to look forward to our next journey and the next new thing.... :)

I'm not sure who posted it... But the idea of a "sleeve gift, post surgery gift.." I love it... New moms are getting push presents... We need to have sleeve rewards.

Make a list with goals (clothing size, weight, milestones) what ever you choose and make a list of how you will reward your self when you hit that goal... Like when I reach size 18 I am buying one set of matching panties and bra. Or when I reach my weight goal of 180 I'm going zip lining... When I loose 50 lbs I'm buying new tennis shoes so I can tie them strait up the center!

We have spend either all or most of our lives working around the world.... I hope the world is ready because its about to get a WHOLE lot smaller because... WE'RE COMING OUT! We are going to look and feel fabulous!

I love reading everyone's responses!!! Of course, mine are all similar.

After doing some soul searching and after ready the responses, all my insecurities seem to be rising to the surface. I can't seem to stand up and walk around without pulling my shirt down.

Just in a weird mood I guess. I know I have less than a month until my surgery and I'm glad these feelings are coming to the surface, but it sucks nonetheless.

1. Not being able to fit the items in my closet i have wore once or not at all

2. Aggravating my knee and ankles

3. Not being able to be comfortable at Water parks

4. Not feeling as if i compliment my spouse well being overweight.

5. Not having the energy to get through my work outs

6. Not feeling as healthy

7. Not sleeping well (position) wise

8. sex position due to being overweight

9.wearing the same get up because i refuse to buy more close at a weight/size I don't desire to stay at.

10. Avoiding social invites, or activities at time, so folks wont see how fat i have gotten!

I agree.....all covered