Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this common behavior for this person or something?

It has become rather trendy for some people to attack and rip apart people's experiences. Or claim conspiracy theory...

I don't know this particular poster from experience tho...

Best advice, don't engage those who attack. Most people I've encountered are very helpful.

Amanda Rae

I'm crawling under my bed until its safe.

It is safe with me. I can't believe someone actually calls a person a liar for posting their ordeal on a support forum. WOW!! Sorry I am a very nice person but I have been through HELL the past week and trust me it is very real.

It has become rather trendy for some people to attack and rip apart people's experiences. Or claim conspiracy theory...

I don't know this particular poster from experience tho...

Best advice, don't engage those who attack. Most people I've encountered are very helpful.

Amanda Rae

It would have been so much easier on me and my body if this was a conspiracy theory. lol... What exactly would everyone be conspiring about? Geez. I will definately have to show this to my surgeon and give him a good laugh.

It is safe with me. I can't believe someone actually calls a person a liar for posting their ordeal on a support forum. WOW!! Sorry I am a very nice person but I have been through HELL the past week and trust me it is very real.

No worries. I think you'll have much success. Follow your doc's orders... Most people on here are really great. I'm still preop and a self pay going to Mx. The info and experiences shared has been very helpful. A sanity saver...

Amanda Rae

There are a lot of people here who have had band to sleeve revisions' date=' myself included. One thing I have noticed universally is that surgeons will not do an immediate revision to a sleeve if there are any problems with the stomach and the band. Anyone who has an erosion or slip has to wait at least a few weeks, up to 6 months or even more before the stomach has healed enough to do the sleeve. When there has been a gastric complication with a band, there is just too much swelling and inflammation to do a sleeve immediately. This causes me to doubt this story. And it's really not possible for the band to "get under the spleen". If this really happened, I'm sorry you have had to go through this. But my experience and that of all the other band to sleeve revisions (plus my own experience working in the OR doing these procedures) leads me to believe you either have a woefully over-optimistic surgeon or something is not right here.[/quote']

This response shocked me. I have been sleeved and happen to work at a Bariatric Center of Excellence hospital. I can tell you that band to sleeve revisions due to a prolapse are very common. It is idiotic responses like this that make people on this forum too timid to post anything. Such a shame!

It would have been so much easier on me and my body if this was a conspiracy theory. lol... What exactly would everyone be conspiring about? Geez. I will definately have to show this to my surgeon and give him a good laugh.

There you go. A little fodder and comic relief. ;-)

Amanda Rae

The fact of the matter is, we did experience a couple trolls that made up fake stories to elicit a response. Unfortunately since then we have a few members that like to claim every imperfect experience from a new member is another troll. I offer you my apologies, and assure you that that is not the norm here, and we are working to amend these problems.

Good luck shucky....I love my sleeve and hope you'll be a happy, healthy camper once you heal!

We should just let that other thread die. That was crazy immature!

I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out, Shucky! Good luck and if you need any help, a lot of us are helpful.

We should just let that other thread die. That was crazy immature!

I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out, Shucky! Good luck and if you need any help, a lot of us are helpful.

I've deleted the thread.

Posts like that will get a member banned - permanently.

There are a lot of people here who have had band to sleeve revisions, myself included. One thing I have noticed universally is that surgeons will not do an immediate revision to a sleeve if there are any problems with the stomach and the band. Anyone who has an erosion or slip has to wait at least a few weeks, up to 6 months or even more before the stomach has healed enough to do the sleeve. When there has been a gastric complication with a band, there is just too much swelling and inflammation to do a sleeve immediately. This causes me to doubt this story. And it's really not possible for the band to "get under the spleen". If this really happened, I'm sorry you have had to go through this. But my experience and that of all the other band to sleeve revisions (plus my own experience working in the OR doing these procedures) leads me to believe you either have a woefully over-optimistic surgeon or something is not right here.

You made some good points, some of which I agree with.

The language you used - "This causes me to doubt this story" "If this really happened" "something is not right here" is very uncalled for and goes directly against what I recently posted here.

If you believe someone is trolling, please use the REPORT feature.

I didn't realize you were the beholder of all medical knowledge about bands and sleeves. Obviously my surgeon did not realize this either and failed to consult with you. Thankfully I have my operative pictures and you can clearly see my inflamed spleen laying on my band. Seems like you might need to learn your anatomy a little better because as a nurse I can tell you it is absolutely possible for a spleen to get in the way especially when it swells. I'm so glad you gave me all your divine wisdom here so i guess that just erases everything I went through the past week because YOU have deemed it can't be possible. Are you kidding me??? I didn't post on here to get your approval or permission but obviously you feel the need to give your uneducated rediculous opinions. The fact the the sleeve was unexpected was because the surgeon told me he would not know what he could do until he got in there and if the stomach was to swollen he would only be able to remove the band. Again I must tell him to consult with you from now on because you have all the answers. Would you like to see my operative pictures, reports, hospital records? I wouldn't want you to be misguided. This surgeon did me an enormous favor by handling this but that is what happens in the medical profession when you are a NICE and UPSTANDING person in the field. I'm grateful for this surgeon and he has wonderful bedside manner as well as great operative numbers. He has even called me at home each day to make sure that I feel okay. I didn't say I had an erosion or a slip. I said I had a prolapse so you might want to do your research before you run your negative mouth and make an attempt to call me a liar. The only thing not right here is YOU. Worry about your own journey and I will take care of mine. What would I have to gain to make up a story and post it on here especially when I have already lost my weight ( not 20 pounds). You might want to respond to the other members that have responded to me and have gone through the same thing and let them know that they are lieing as well and that this experience didn't really happen to them. Feel free to not comment to me because i don't waste my precious life on negative and ugly people.

You've made some very good points and I believe your entire story.

In the future, please don't engage someone else in the above fashion. If you feel a post is against our terms of service, use the REPORT feature and we'll deal with it.

I dunno... I was just getting ready to break out the popcorn (eat it while I still can)!!!