Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh you will still be able to eat popcorn :P just not for several months

I love eating a little popcorn

I absolutely believe what you posted. I am a band to sleeve revision as well. Prior to having my revision, the band had slipped twice and was beginning to erode into my stomach. Dr. Aceves had me have a complete unfill three weeks prior to my scheduled sleeve surgery and for the two weeks prior, I was on a liquids only diet. This was done to give the swelling a chance to go down. Going into the surgery, Dr. Aceves made it very clear to me that there was about a 50/50 chance of having my sleeve revision done at the same time as the band removal and that it depended upon on how bad the erosion was and if we were successful in bringing the swelling down. Fortunately, we were successful and I was able to have the band removed and the sleeve done all at the same time.

I wish you the best of luck with your wonderful new tool. And, of course, we are always here to help answer any questions you may have.

Oh my gosh. Does that mean my story is supposedly fake too? My doctor did the revision because of the damage from the band. I didn't know I was getting it but I talked to him and he thought it the best option. I will say that I have a hard time with the negativity. I don't remember it as much on the lapband site when I was going through getting the band.

I am sorry to hear this . You seem really positive though even though you're been through so much. I am so happy I've chosen the sleeve over the band. I have a cousin who has the band and she is always having problems. She carries around a cup she spits up in all the time. Why is that?

I was banded in March of 2011 and have lost 75 pounds since then. Last Thursday I attempted to eat some refried Beans and almost immediately I began getting sick. I had been getting sick a lot lately and had gone in the day before and had my band deflated to try and get myself together. This would be my last attempt with the band. The pain got worse and the vomiting and dry heaving would not let up. The doctor that deflated my band the day before just happened to call and check on me during this ordeal and he advised me to meet him at the ER and the odds were that I would be admited for surgery. I went to the ER and he had orders waiting so they quickly drew my labs and gave me pain meds as well as phenergan for the dry heaving. He showed up to do the barrium swallow and sure enough my entire stomach had prolapsed through the band (he said the band hadn't slipped so I guess there is a difference between a prolapse and a slip). My blood count was very low because I had been getting sick for a while and turns out the lining of my stomach was bleeding. He admited me and took me in for surgery at 7 the next morning. The band had got under my spleen and there was some trauma there but they were able to control the bleeding and leave the spleen. He fixed a hernia that had been caused since getting the band and resectioned me to a sleeve. I lost enough blood that I had to have 2 transfusions in the 5 nights I was there. I'm a hot mess right now and in pain but I'm better today then I was yesterday. I feel so lost now because I know nothing about the sleeve and of course I'm scared that something could go wrong with it. Even though I had a bad experience I do not regret my decision to have WLS and I'm looking forward to moving on and healing up. I really can't say that I should have done things differently because I didn't have the signs people talk about. I was always able to get liquids down but was never able to get the band adjusted correctly. Anyway I'm gonna miss lappy but hopefully sleeve will give me what I need and with less problems. Now I need to learn everything I would have learned before surgery about the sleeve. Do's and don't's' date=' the good, the bad, and the ugly. Any information would be great![/quote']

Sent from my KFOT using VST

Sheesh.. I envy y'all for being able to get the band so quickly after bnd complications. I had to wait for 18 months do to the damage the band caused. I guess there's a reason for everything.

We should just let that other thread die. That was crazy immature!

I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out, Shucky! Good luck and if you need any help, a lot of us are helpful.

Maaaaan... What di miss? ;-)

Oh my gosh. Does that mean my story is supposedly fake too? My doctor did the revision because of the damage from the band. I didn't know I was getting it but I talked to him and he thought it the best option. I will say that I have a hard time with the negativity. I don't remember it as much on the lapband site when I was going through getting the band.

I was a regular on the band site and people definately were not so negative. Who knew posting your story in a SUPPORT forum would bring out so much nonsense.

I dunno... I was just getting ready to break out the popcorn (eat it while I still can)!!!

Make sure you get extra butter!

Sheesh.. I envy y'all for being able to get the band so quickly after bnd complications. I had to wait for 18 months do to the damage the band caused. I guess there's a reason for everything.

I feel I was extremely blessed in my situation. It was a matter of right place and right time. This surgeon is fairly new to this area so he probably has to build up his practice and my band had not slipped but my stomach had prolapsed. According to the surgeon that makes a difference. I am just so thankful that the surgeon took care of me because I lot of people have trouble getting bariatric doctors to deal with another doctors band. It was not the most pleasant experience in the world but i am moving forward and hopeful that I will have an easier time then I did with the band.

I am sorry to hear this . You seem really positive though even though you're been through so much. I am so happy I've chosen the sleeve over the band. I have a cousin who has the band and she is always having problems. She carries around a cup she spits up in all the time. Why is that?

Sent from my KFOT using VST

I don't know the A&P answer as to why some band patients produce a lot of phlegm or "slimming" as they call it. I had more upper respiratory issues during the 2 years of having the band then I ever had but I assumed it was because of severe reflux and the phlegm issue. If I ate something that got stuck then I would produce the thick "slime" and spit continuously until the food moved. My best friend also got the band a few weeks before me and she did not have any problems. She could eat Pasta, bread, and most anything she wanted but I was extremely limited on food choices. She also had fill after fill with no problems and I could never tolerate more than 2cc total in my band. She would have the productive burping but only because she would over eat. There is no rhyme or reason with the band and who has complications because I was very strict and followed the rules. My friend has actually gained weight, breaks most of the rules, and has had no complications. I guess it is just how each persons body reacts to it. From what i have read though I will probably have more freedom and flexibility with the sleeve. If i could eat a variety of food but only a few ounces at a time then i would be in heaven. :)

Glad you got it all worked out shuckybucky

Awwww is that you! Your cute :)

Thank you. I am trying to get my pictures over from the lap band site but it is not working out well. I was pretty involved in that site and had my 2 years worth of pictures from pre op to current.

Wow is that kind of weird to leave there and come here? I imagine that you have had built up some support and friendships there...

yes I had but i no longer have a lap band so that site would not apply to me. I lost a lot when I went into surgery but maybe I will gain new friends and support.

I think you will!! other than that wackadoodle running around yesterday, there are some really nice people here! And there seems to be a lot of the band to sleevers!!