Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Successful Slow Losers Please Respond

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks that I've been the same weight.

Starting weight was 240

Day of surgery was 228 sleeved 1/22

Today 208........yes I'm down 32 pounds but not a single one in 3 weeks. Stalls happen and I just added Zumba to my regimen, increased my fluids, and increased my Proteins. I'm also starting to monitor my sodium more....hoping doing all that will help!

Awesome!! Now, maybe your body will stop holding on start letting go.. I am happy for you :)... spring has sprung!!

Well I am still only at 184. surgery was 26 Nov. Been going through alot of stress so I don't know if I am holding on weight because of that....Going through a divorce....

They say divorce is a huge stress factor. I believe that that stress and corticosteroids factor in weight gain. Sorry, I hope things get better!! (I heard that if you change your diet and exercise regimn it restarts your weight loss, like add more carbs or more Water etc..)

I have found something to help me mentally over all this slow weight loss. I was sleeved 1/21 and have lost about 15 pounds, I keep fluctuating 2. I sent my fitness pal food diary to my nutritionist for her review and she replied back that she didn't find anything for me to change, for me to hang in there and keep up the great work, the weight will start to come off. I think this response sent me into depression.

I also have been running 2-5 miles a day.

I decided to get the fitbit scale that measures my body fat. I shipped it overnight because I am obsessed. Well the scale came Thursday and my body fat was 42% and today, 3 days later it is 38%! Mentally it has helped me. Just thought I would share!

Donna

Hi, my name is slimsneezy...and I am a slow loser! Lost 15 pounds pre op, surgery 1/17, have lost 18 since surgery. Ugh.

I'm a slow loser too. I was sleeved 12/28/12 and I've only lost 35 pounds since surgery. Most of that weight loss was in January. I have begun to exercise, a goal of 10,000 steps a day. I track my food and have a fitbit. Like others have said, the scale is going down - some weeks nothing, or .02 ounces, other weeks 3 pounds lost. I put the scale away, I check my weight weekly because I was going nuts. I'm at 800 calories a day and a slow loser, it is unbelievable - at 800 calories a day and exercise (versus what I used to eat and no exercise) I should be 100 pounds. Who would have thought eating 800 calories and exercising meant stalls. I laugh when I'm not frustrated.

Hi I'm slow as well sleeved 9/26/12 so almost 6 months out I'm only down 36lbs. I workout a lot 1 or 2 hours a day 5 days a week and my Muscle mass is very good. I want to keep that so I do keep up my Strength resistance and cardio training. I Keep my Protein at 80/100 . I'm lucky if I drop 1lb a week this week I put on 3 lbs I hate when that happens. I was sleeved at 244 today I'm 208. At this rate it will be 18 to 24 months before I see my complete hundred pound loss :(. I haven't quite come to terms with that in my own head yet so it's very depressing and frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Now Im at 12 weeks post op and Im down 54 pounds today. Slow and steady is not a bad thing. I like it because my skin wont sag as much and I may not lose hair because my body isnt going into shock from losing a dramatic amount of pounds all at once. I feel very fortunate to be losing slow and steady. Ill be forever grateful to my surgeon and myself for making this decision.

I don't think there's a single "formula" that applies to any of us post op - fast or slow losers.

Approaching this surgery like our previous one-size-fits-all diets leads us to feel frustration and also like we have absolute control over what our bodies will do in a particular time frame. The reality is that all we really get to control here is our diet, our habits and our feelings (to some extent) about our progress.

I started a slow loss success thread on the success board - you might find interesting stories there that reassure you.

I think that in reality, many that feel unhappy with "slow loss" are losing at the normal, medically suggested rate of loss. It's the comparison with people that manage to lose more than a hundred pounds in less than a year that has us feeling like there is something wrong with our pace or success.

Take heart in the fact that there's no window of opportunity that closes with the sleeve, and that many of us reach goal well after one year post op and are no less happy with our results.

~Cheri

I think that in reality, many that feel unhappy with "slow loss" are losing at the normal, medically suggested rate of loss. It's the comparison with people that manage to lose more than a hundred pounds in less than a year that has us feeling like there is something wrong with our pace or success.

Cheri- that is what I have been trying to say and you worded it so perfectly! That statement is key. I think if more people live by that understanding they will be in a happier state.

I was sleeved almost 6 months ago (24 weeks on Wednesday) . I lost 12 pounds pre-op and have lost another 43 lbs post-op for a total of 55 lbs ( I started at 240 and now weigh between 185 and 187.) That's a good 1.7 lbs a week post-op. It isn't dramatic but it is much better than I could ever do with Weight Watchers and it's pretty much automatic. I try to eat healthy most of the time and I really don't weigh, measure or pay attention to how much I eat. Sometimes I don't lose any weight for weeks at a time and other times I get on the scale and I've lost 5 lbs all at once. But the weeks I haven't lost any weight is often the week that I notice that my underwear is too loose or that I can put on my pants without sitting down anymore. All in all I am happy. My boyfriend says that I eat like a cat even though I feel like I'm stuffing myself when I eat one chicken drumstick, a corn tortilla and low-fat (homemade) refried Beans. I have noticed that I have no problem eating bread or rice but I have to slow way down or I throw up, which also helps me to get full faster and keeps me from eating way too much.