Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Successful Slow Losers Please Respond

If you have been successful, albeit slow at the weight-loss journey, can you please tell me how many calories you took in each day (roughly) in order to be successful. I am lucky and I mean LUCKY if I lose an average of maybe one pound per week and I'm only 21/2 months post op. I would like to know your formula for losing. How much H2o you take in etc...thanks so much in advance

I lose pretty slow. Sleeved 12/5 and am down 22 pounds. Coming up on 8 weeks postop tomorrow. Some weeks I lose nothing, some I lose 1 or 2 pounds. I did find that when I upped my calories and good fats (like avacado or nuts) that I broke my stall. I drink about 60 - 70 ounces of Decaf tea a day because regular Water doesnt go down as good. I prefer a warm beverage. I usually dont have any sugar and very low carbs. Im happy with slow and steady though. As long as the scale goes down and not up right?

I do 60g or more of Protein

64oz or more of Water

for Vitamins I take -1 Centrum chewable, 2 chewable Calcium, subligual B12, Biotin and weekly Vitamin D

I try to stay between 700-800cals a day

I was sleved on 10/10/12

Sw 268

Dos246

Cw 197

This makes my average alittle over 3lbs a week since surgery :-)

The thing I wish did more of is exercising... someday I will fit it in to my schedule, but at least I am active with my lifestyle :-)

I would love to hear what others are doing :-)

I am losing slow. Sleeved 10/1 and down almost 40lbs. That is an average of 2.25 lbs a week, but I am here to tell you I lost 7lbs between week 7 and 16. That is less than a lb a week. I honestly don't keep track of my stalls because I went weeks with out losing. My weight loss is picking up and I can tell you I eat! My diary is open in MFP. I take a two multi chewables and just started adding variety to my cardio program. Before I was only walking. I am okay with slow loss but more concerned with the final outcome. My average is a good decent healthy average. I am bad with the Water. I still am not up to 64 oz a day. I try but as I type I am at 46 oz.

I am bad with the Water. I still am not up to 64 oz a day. I try but as I type I am at 46 oz.

Ok, I know this sounds goofy but my Water intake has a lot to do with the container I put it in (mind game?) It is a lot more manageable to drink 3 24oz bottles than 4 16oz. Also the type of bottle material and opening makes a difference now that I am able to drink more than sips again. Also alittle lemon, lime, mio or Crystal Light makes drinking a lot easier :-) I try to get 24oz between each meal and at the end of the day...maybe try switching things up?

thanks for your posts - makes me feel better. I decided to try to keep my calorie intake to no more than about 700 cal per day. I too put Water into 3 24oz bottles at the beginning of every day and drink throughout the day from them - then I know I got all 72 oz in! Vitamins consist of four Centrum chewables per day. I need to check with my NUT to make sure I'm getting in enough vitamins. I am also scared of my outcome a year from now - will I be close to goal? with this slow weightloss - I wonder and hope that it will all be good!

I am glad you posted this. I am 8 weeks today and only down 21 pounds. Worried about making goal.

Yup slow slow slow! I think I posted it at least 100 times I'm 10 weeks out and I've lost 19 pounds I have lost inches I know my body changing but it's so frustrating. I hate the &$&?!@ scale. Hoping to get out of this rut soon! I moderate what I eat using fitness pal but I don't exercise enough I don't Drink enough Water and I don't eat enough Protein so what do i expect. Right?! Lol

Yup slow slow slow! I think I posted it at least 100 times I'm 10 weeks out and I've lost 19 pounds I have lost inches I know my body changing but it's so frustrating. I hate the &&?!@ scale. Hoping to get out of this rut soon! I moderate what I eat using fitness pal but I don't exercise enough I don't Drink enough Water and I don't eat enough Protein so what do i expect. Right?! Lol

Well I thought I was slow. 36lbs in 10 weeks but 10 of those pounds were in week 1&2!!!

Hey, a pound a week is 52 pounds in a year! I'll be we'll at goal before a year's out if I stay at this slow rate (which I hope doesn't happen!)

I'm happy as long as the scale goes down and not up anymore!!!

I don't get nearly enough Water. I hate water. Even with mio it's still hard to get down. I'm working on it though!

I hear ya. I was around 246 or so pre op. Went on the liquid diet for two weeks prior to surgery (VSG on 11/28/12) and got down to about 238. I am currently at 214 and I have been there for what seems weeks (probably 2 anyway). I have tried upping calories, decreasing calories, increasing fluids, etc etc. Nothing is working.

It is so frustrating!!! When will this stupid scale start to move down again???

Oh, I am super slow too...I was at 188 (29lbs down) and I got up the other morning and I was at 190...WTF....I get tired of looking a the number on the scale but it is what makes my day...At times, I feel that paying almost 16k to lose weight at this slow of a pace is riduculous...I really expected to be atleast 180-185 by now.....I am 3 months post op and stated at 217...Is that wanting too much...I am praying to be at 185 by the end of this mon the month....lower will be nice.....REAL NICE!

I do not know if this will help, but my Dietician said that your body goes into a "hang on" mode if you are in starvation mode!!. Increase your Protein to 60-80 gm a day.. 64oz of Water daily!! 6small meals a day!! Add some GOOD carbs to help boost!! And exercise at least 30 minutes a day. Question?? Have you had blood work lately?? Thyroid?? Kidney?? Good Luck!! It will work out!!

Everyone who posted in January... How long was your stall?? Please let me know there is light at the end of my tunnel!! So frustrated!!

I am a slow loser too! I was at 238 pre-surgery, day of surgery on 1/7/13 I was 234. I am only at 217 now at 6 weeks out. I am really frustrated. I stalled for two weeks at 219, just lost the 2lbs last week.

It is nice to hear that others are going through the same thing. I have really wondered if this is going to work for me. I keep telling myself that I am going to get rid of my scale, but I keep getting on it every morning out of curiosity anyway. I am only 5 weeks post op, but, I still expected that my extreme measures would bring extreme results! My friend got the gastric bypass and lost 80 lbs in 2 months! I am only about 20 lbs down so far. I know I should be happy with 20, but it fluctuates up and down every morning and It is frustrating. The worst part is when people who know come up and look at me, expecting to be able to see a difference, and they can't. They make comments like, "Aren't you skinny yet?" This drives me crazy! I keep telling everyone that the surgery I got makes you loose much slower, so it will be a while before anyone will notice, but they keep asking. This is why I asked the 4 people I told to not tell anyone else. However, everyone I know, and some people I don't know, already know I had surgery and are asking me about it. It is just crazy. I just wish I could be skinny already so they would all just leave me alone! Sorry for the rant, feeling a little better now. :)