Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you keep your surgery a secret?

I work for a hospital' date=' so nobody SHOULD ask questions - but people in my office are very nosey. A coworker had surgery to remove a benign cyst. He only told my boss, and that made everybody gossip about why he was out. My boss ended up blabbing anyway.

I am scheduled for 5/19 and I'm not looking forward to the questions. I'm not embarrassed, I just don't like answering personal qustions.[/quote']

Totally agree!!! My job is the worst if something happens and ur out they gossip about it till some somebody finally tells which is the reason i decided to keep it to myself now when i start losing and anyone ask i will say wls but they ask me now and im just eating right and exercising...most ppl are just DOUBLE N'S NEGATIVE AND NOSEY LOL

I am keeping it to a handful of people. When I first started researching it and mentioned it, I got a lot of negative responses....its a lazy persons way out etc. Now that I've decided to do it...I don't want the negativity to get me down. I feel like over the years my own negativity kept me down about myself, and sine I am looking for a new beginning....I want only positivity. Since my Dr. Recommended to stick more to an Atkins kind of diet...that's what I'll say when they ask....I'm following the Atkins plan. I know....a bit misleading...but I really can't stand the negativity.

Got my surgery date today!!! June 24th! approval on the first try- woo hoo!

I have only told my husband and my best friend that I am planning on wls so far, and that may be it. It is a really personal desicion to me, one that most of the other people in my family or that I work with may not understand.

I have only told my husband and my best friend that I am planning on wls so far' date=' and that may be it. It is a really personal desicion to me, one that most of the other people in my family or that I work with may not understand.[/quote']

Personally for me, it'll b just my hubby, not sure bout my kids yet bc idw them to worry. My reasoning is simply bc I'm a private person n its not me to share somthn so personal w just any1 outside of my household. I'm not even sure what id say if they ask me how I lost the weight, but I can't fib bc that's not me either, I have told a few church members that I'm going to a NUT n getting my life bck...hmmm. som may say, ur sharing it here...true but ur like minded n we all have the same goal, not to b haters but supporters of each other.

I am only telling my immediate family and very close friends. I don't need to hear uneducated opinions from judgy family. I haven't decided what I will say after the surgery and after it is obvious that I have lost a lot of weight. Maybe I will tell people...maybe I will just say that I'm eating less...which wont be a lie.

My wife told my in-laws. I heard a lot of "isn't that the easy way out?" To that I responded "no, continuing on my path and dying before my 40th birthday would be a lot easier."

I've tried and I've tried and I've failed and I've failed.

Its time for help. Surgical style.

I am 5 weeks out and down almost 40 lbs. I only told close family and friends before, and after I started telling more friends. Luckily everyone has been supportive. At work only my boss and hr lady knew. This week another co-worker finally noticed my weight loss. I thought I was busted when she stared me down and said I have really lost weight... But she was just jealous/kidding with me. I told her I am just eating less calories and more Protein. Also pointed out I became lactose i tolerant so I really have to watch my food. That is all true!

I put it out there! :) I'm proud of me for standing up for me. I made a choice and think its a great one! I even made it FB official the first day of my liquid diet. I've only mentioned it once. I had 12 people contact me and tell me they too had started the process and were afraid to put it out there. I told my husband, our parents, our siblings, my friends....then FB. Judge away and I will delete them. I no longer have room in my life for unsupportive people. We all deserve better than that! Lucky me no one has said anything negative to me directly or that I've heard about. I don't have room for busy bodies either!

I'm proud for you!! What it all boils down too is it BEING OUR CHOICE asvto who we choose to tell or not. Like I said, its not my nature, but if asked, after the fact, I'll deal w it then. Bc as u said, we don't have time for anymore negatives in our lives. Keep winning at losn!!

After telling people about the lap band and learning that no one supported my decision (not even my then husband), I have only told

My current Husband and one girlfriend. Since my lap band removal was just recent, I have regained just 25 lbs. So the weight loss will be do to other factors like diet. As for my employer and everyone else, I am going in for a hernia repair.

Lol. U do u girl...only a need to know basis! Good luck w the hernia repair ;)

For me it was I didn't want to deal with the questions that would come every week of "how much did you lose this week"....I get that enough already from the women that my Mom blabbed to. I told my Mom and my brother obviously..who obviously told some of their people blah blah..I don't see them often enough so I don't really care.

I told my boyfriend, my boss and a couple of close co workers. My one co worker I call him my work husband because we are very close and he follows a very strict paleo diet. So when people ask me at work how I have lost the weight I tell them that Josh (my work husband) got me on the paleo bandwagon.

I kept mines a secret from my parents and everyone except my daughter...my coworker who is overweight is amazed but jealous on how my weight I am losing and have lost. She calls me every wknd to go eat at the buffet with her,I go knowing I will waste $32.00...but I do get to eat my favorite,,,seafood...so she stares at my plate and monitor how much I intake which is very very little. Then she goes back to work and tell everyone how little I ate. She also buy very food fast food that I used to eat and try to beg me to just eat a little...that's the very reason I am not eating out with her and why I keep my business to myself. She even told me to stop losing weight because i lost too much...my thought is...everyone who pretend to be ur friend is not really ur friend when they feel u have an advantage over them....so...that's why no one need to know,....so I can go through this journey stress free and at my own pace.

I've told my partner and my parents. That's it. I told everyone else I was on vacation, and went back to work a week and a half later. If anyone asks about the liquid diet I've said I'm on a liver cleanse. It's not that far from the truth... haha...