Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I start working at panera next week. Am very impressed at there nutritional information. :)

Yippee! They just open one super close. Didn't even want to drive by it. Now I can't wait to try it. Thanks!

Good to know! Thanks for sharing.

That sounds fantastic but how many carbs do they have? And how many meals is one Breakfast bowl going to make for us? I doubt I could even eat half, so the amount of Protein would be considerably less. I'm only 2 weeks out so nowhere near being able to eat real foods but it seems like I would be wanting to eat more protein in a single meal.

I got the Power chicken Hummus bowl yesterday for lunch. It was SO GOOD! Very fresh ingredients and tasted fantastic. I ate half of it for lunch and most of the other half for supper. I couldn't finish all of the spinach.

That sounds fantastic but how many carbs do they have? And how many meals is one Breakfast bowl going to make for us? I doubt I could even eat half, so the amount of Protein would be considerably less. I'm only 2 weeks out so nowhere near being able to eat real foods but it seems like I would be wanting to eat more Protein in a single meal.

I haven't looked up carbs, but they would have to be pretty low. There is no bread, no rice, no Pasta, no crackers, no salad dressing. I'm around three and a half months out so am eating regular food. 15 grams of protein in a single meal for me hits right where I need to be based on my surgeon and nutritionist's recommendation for my daily protein intake of 45-50 grams. Neither want me eating much more than 50 grams of protein a day since that would be excessive for my height and weight goal and harder on my liver to process. I'm amazed at the extremely high levels of protein other members are asked to take in daily.

I had the steak and egg breakfast bowl for dinner yesterday. It was fantastic. When I placed my order the gentleman taking the order was almost giddy with excitement and said I was the first order from the new Hidden Menu that he had taken. All in all I was with a large group of people and 4 or five of them also ordered from the Hidden Menu. I will definitely be back.

bodyweight.png?ts=1359046958

I haven't looked up carbs' date=' but they would have to be pretty low. There is no bread, no rice, no Pasta, no crackers, no salad dressing. I'm around three and a half months out so am eating regular food. 15 grams of Protein in a single meal for me hits right where I need to be based on my surgeon and nutritionist's recommendation for my daily Protein intake of 45-50 grams. Neither want me eating much more than 50 grams of protein a day since that would be excessive for my height and weight goal and harder on my liver to process. I'm amazed at the extremely high levels of protein other members are asked to take in daily.[/quote']

Thanks that's good to know. I'm kinda stressing about being able to get enough protein. My doc says 80-100g a day. Right now I'm doing 2 Protein shakes a day for 60g but not eating a lot of additional protein. Once I move into solids I doubt I'm going to be able to get even 80g. No way I'm gonna get up to 100g.

Why in the world would they keep this hidden?

Mary

I just read about Panera's Hidden Menu today. You won't see it anywhere in the store. You have to request an item specifically from the Hidden Menu.

Here are photos and descriptions of the choices:

http://mypanera.panerabread.com/articlestips/article/access-into-paneras-hidden-menu/

And nutritional information:

The so-called hidden menu has six items' date=' including the power breakfast egg white bowl with roasted turkey (180 calories; 25g protein), the power breakfast egg bowl with steak (230 calories; 20g protein), power Mediterranean chicken salad (360 calories; 35g protein), power Mediterranean roasted turkey salad (320 calories; 22g protein), power chicken hummus bowl (330 calories; 33g protein) and the power steak lettuce wrap (280 calories; 28g protein).

I can't wait to try the Power Breakfast Egg White Bowl![/quote']

Thank you sooo much! Great Job in keeping us all informed n sharing the love!

Why in the world would they keep this hidden?

Mary

There are a few articles on the web about it. A lot of restaurants have hidden menus with big fan followings, such as Starbucks. Panera has a fairly big menu and it changes seasonally and if you go inside and look at the menu, I don't even know where you would find space to put up even more choices.

Also, since it is directly targeted to a smaller market, it may not have the broader consumer appeal that other items have.

It would be interesting if someone wanted to call Panera and ask them directly.

Thanks for the info :-) I can wait to go now !

Far out! Thanks, I love Panera!

I am really stoked after reading about this hidden menu. Thought I was never going to be able to eat there again. I think they will be on my menu sometime this next week. :)