Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for people who dont argue, name call, dictate or generally just be nasty.

Just wondering what most of you guys do.

I count my calories, Proteins and try to keep my carbs under 50g daily. Do any of you count everything as in sodium and fats etc as well as what I have mentioned?

Saying this, I do use low fat milk and yoghurt. Have found I'm not actually using a lot of yoghurt these days and the milk I have is only used in my Protein Shakes and cups of tea/coffee. I was using unsweetened almond milk but decided that I wanted the extra Protein that comes with cows milk as have been trying to build my protein up to 90g daily and have been doing pretty well with that.

Sounds good to me! I count carbs(under 50) calories, fat,

And Protein (60 or above)

But I don't really count sodium... Most stuff I make myself so I don't think it's to bad.

That good about the protein I've been thinking about upping mine too!

Maybe it is because I am a guy, but I like to keep food related stuff ultra simple. I make sure I eat about 25 grams of Protein a meal, 5-6 times a day. That is ll I really pay attention to really. I do not really count calories, but have an estimate based upon what i know my food choices are for the day. My diet is naturally low carb because I tend to eat either pure protein or chose shake mixes that are low carb. Lately ( last couple months), I have been eating some energy squares before running and these guys have good carbs and fats in them. I am going to start eating a low carb Protein Bar and got some good altnatives in a thread I posted yesterday. Also, never was Interested in tracking via MFP so just try to follow KISS rules as much as possible when making food choices that are compatible with losing weight. Not everyone will like eating this way, but it has worked really well for me so far and minimizes the time needed to track stuff. I am in process of changing my diet to be more compatible with long term and high activity levels (Running and Cross fit). I am thinking of eating as naturally as possible and try and hit a good fat/carb/protein set of percentages. I will probably always be drinking Protein Shakes because I enjoy them for first and last meals as well as after a workout.

You posted almost exactly what I was going to post. Maybe it is a guy thing. B)

I make good choices and avoid the counting. Get the Protein in, eat good carbs, Water, Vitamins, exercise, done. I never liked diets because they are like hiring a dictator to run your life. I have a wife for that. :D

I just say my NUT yesterday - I'm 2 months post op and really not counting anything... I'm doing like fiddleman and gmanbat with making sure I don't eat processed foods - I make my plate look "good" with fresh everything - fish, veggies, fruits and only whole grains - I don't do processed or pre-packed anymore. I was concerned that I wasn't counting my Protein and therefore not getting enough, but it turns out, my NUT added everything up from what I documented for a few days, and I'm doing perfect! I'm just trying to make sure I change my lifestyle - and make it a natural thing (no counting, no thinking about it)... I measure things on my plate since I'm not supposed to have more than a cup of food per meal - but I really don't need to measure, my stomach tells me when I'm full (and for a change, I'm listening to it)!!

Right! No comments for two days now, everyone must want to argue hahaha

No arguments here :-)

Have had the worst flu ever for like 10 days!!! Do you find it harder to get better when ur sick??

I started to get sick a few days ago, feeling so tired etc. am flat out in bed today and feel like hell, could not even hold my head up earlier. Dear hubby has been feeding me rose tea and I feel like poop!

This is the first time I've been sick since my op but I've wondered about you're question too

Hey everyone.. I'm just curious.. Anyone here thats been sleeved for over 4 years? There's no one in my "support" group that is even close to 2 years. Do they just not need the support any more & just kinda drop off? I'm really interested in the long term success stories. :)

I'm also new on here and I'm considering the sleeve but I was a little scared when I read about a couple of sheaths due to blood clots and the people who replied were a little nasty to me, as anyone before your surgery I'm sure you felt the same way, nervous, scared, etc...so a thread of nice people would be cool

A member of this site died from a blood clot a couple of weeks ago - a week after his surgery.

The death rate from complications folliowing sleeve surgery is less than one half of one percent. My doctor stressed the importancwe of getting up and walking as much as possible after surgery. I received injections of blood thinning medication for five days after ( I had to give myself the inections for three days after leaving the hospital). While in the hospital, whenever I was in bed, they put these compression sleeves on my lower legs - they inflate and deflate to keep the circulation going.

A good doctor will warn you of all the possible complications, and stress the importance of following all the pre- and post-operative restrictions. The docgtfor who did mine has done over a thousand weight loss surgeries with no fatalities. The one serious post-op illness was a woman who ignored the doctor's orders and ate something she shouldn't have a couple of days after surgery, causing ther new stomach to rip open. That was over a year ago, and she's been in a nursing home ever since. She's lucky she didn't die.

No arguments here :-)

Have had the worst flu ever for like 10 days!!! Do you find it harder to get better when ur sick??

Yes! My immunity needs a big boost. Getting over my third cold in three months. I'm taking my Vitamins, drinking juice, and if I wash my hands anymore, my skin will fall off. It must have to do with the surgery, but I don't understand why it would. I''m nine months out.

Yes! My immunity needs a big boost. Getting over my third cold in three months. I'm taking my vitamins' date=' drinking juice, and if I wash my hands anymore, my skin will fall off. It must have to do with the surgery, but I don't understand why it would. I''m nine months out.[/quote']

Just to let you know , you are not alone in this sickness thing.

I got the cold 4x and the flu once since July 2, 2012 surgery. What's the deal? Maybe it is because we are around sick people more due to increased clinic/ doctor / support appointments? Anyways, looking forward to the current cold / flu season ending.

We may also just have sucky immune systems after surgery. Not sure. The reason I am not sure is because I have not taken more supplements, drank more Water, eaten cleaner or exercise more in my life. I am at goal weight ( for now) and have not felt physically better in my life. For this alone, I should be immune to everything floating around out there and sticking to surfaces.

Maybe someone else knows?

I've had just the opposite experience. Instead a bad cold turning into bronchitis every few months as usual, I've been sick only once in the year since I was sleeved and it was much milder and shorter than usual.

I am greatful to have been able to have the surgery. The only thing I miss is my blush wine. the rest of it will pass in time though. :rolleyes: