Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

don't let anyone fool you. recovery is awful.

I must say my pain was not that bad at all. I slept most of the time after my surgery in the recovery room. I think of the whole time I was in the hospital I hit the pain pump button 10-12.times.

day after surgery. This had been the worst pain I have ever felt in my life

jujubeesmama

4 days post op

how are you feeling?

look to every day getting better and better

then continueing your great journey into sleeveland where you will find yourself getting healthier and happier

good luck

I too Had unbearable Gas Pain in my upper left Chest and Shoulder. But Pain threshhold is something different for everyone. I am very High Pain tolerant. What helped me the most was I got moving right out of recovery! The Patient next to me was in so much pain she just slept and that seems like it just made her pain worse she had to stay an extra day. I was walking everytime I woke up I got out of bed and walked some more. It was not easy but it really did lessen the pain. It will get better. And as you begin the rest of your Journey and loss the weight and get healthier and gain more energy you will be happy with yor decision!!! Just take the time you need it will get better. :)

I too Had unbearable Gas Pain in my upper left Chest and Shoulder. But Pain threshhold is something different for everyone. I am very High Pain tolerant. What helped me the most was I got moving right out of recovery! The Patient next to me was in so much pain she just slept and that seems like it just made her pain worse she had to stay an extra day. I was walking everytime I woke up I got out of bed and walked some more. It was not easy but it really did lessen the pain. It will get better. And as you begin the rest of your Journey and loss the weight and get healthier and gain more energy you will be happy with yor decision!!! Just take the time you need it will get better. :)

This is the key - to get yourself moving. The only thing that really bothered me was walking around with that horrid catheter. It was necessary though. i had to get out of that hospital. There was a patient down the hall that had RNY and she was dry heaving and screaming all night. Damn I HATE hospitals.

Walking is key!! I didn't want to stay in the hospital a 2nd night so got up and started walking..slowly. It seriously helped the healing go faster. When I got home that day, (they let me go thankfully!! i did have to drink a ton of liquids, but i felt like i was dying of thirst) I slept, but got up for the bathroom, etc. my mom came over on the next day and had me walk down the street with her.. She used to be in healthcare and made a point of getting me out of the house and moving. Nothing big, but the pain truly subsided quicker.

Walking is key!! I didn't want to stay in the hospital a 2nd night so got up and started walking..slowly. It seriously helped the healing go faster. When I got home that day' date=' (they let me go thankfully!! i did have to drink a ton of liquids, but i felt like i was dying of thirst) I slept, but got up for the bathroom, etc. my mom came over on the next day and had me walk down the street with her.. She used to be in healthcare and made a point of getting me out of the house and moving. Nothing big, but the pain truly subsided quicker.[/quote']

I totally agree, walking was the best help to me!! It helped move the gas pains I was feeling and it helped me heal faster, I believe it did! Getting moving will help you a lot. Best wishes:)

I am in the hospital ' date=' day after surgery. This had been the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. A million times west than child birth. Please be seater that recovery is painful. Dr said mine went perfect. It only took an hour an 15. Since I got out of the operation I have thought u did I do this to myself when will this pain end. When will I be able to take a few sops without dry heaving so intense that it feels like my inside a are being ripped out. I'm hoping a well will pad and I'll start too feel better. I am not trying to talk anyone out of this I just want people top be prepared.[/quote']

I'm sorry to hear about your exp I guess it's different for everyone I was walking on my own 4 hrs after surgery no pain little stiffness but that's about it .I assure you things will get better .

Sent from my iPhone using VST

First of all to those who are mad that I said what I did, get over it. I read millions of posts about how recovery is so easy. It fooled me big time. That's what I meant. I want calling anyone a liar. But truth be told most do not post on here about their bad, and now I can see why. As for me, I write that in the hospital. I am doing pretty well now and I am very happy. And just because I was in pain does not mean my surgeon sucked. I won't be posting on here again because quite frankly I don't need to be scolded for my opinion or be made to feel like my experience is less valid. Those who are pre OP have a right to know both sides and that being in pain after is normal. I am not one of a few who experience pain. Just because there are multiple posts about it being easy, this is not a valid nor scientific representation.

Yea recovery pretty much sucked for me as well! But now, 3 months later, I've forgotten about it!

First of all to those who are mad that I said what I did' date=' get over it. I read millions of posts about how recovery is so easy. It fooled me big time. That's what I meant. I want calling anyone a liar. But truth be told most do not post on here about their bad, and now I can see why. As for me, I write that in the hospital. I am doing pretty well now and I am very happy. And just because I was in pain does not mean my surgeon sucked. I won't be posting on here again because quite frankly I don't need to be scolded for my opinion or be made to feel like my experience is less valid. Those who are pre OP have a right to know both sides and that being in pain after is normal. I am not one of a few who experience pain. Just because there are multiple posts about it being easy, this is not a valid nor scientific representation.[/quote']

I'm sorry you feel that way hun and that you had so much pain. Recovery wasn't easy for me either. But I would agree that this isn't fortunately a welcoming place if you didn't have that "jump up and do pushups" kind of experience that others have had. That said, your experience is so important to be shared as is mine and others who haven't had it so easy! I read far too much sunshine and roses and came out totally blindsided by the experience because I hadn't seen enough real stories about negatives during the surgery or recovery. Think about staying and sharing, but if you don't I get it :) I get beat up far too often for being Debbie Downer about the process LOL I get ya!

Recovery = horrible time.

My younger brother took a few videos of me a few hours post op, it makes me sad to watch them...

I have a high tolerance for pain, but those first few days are forever engraved in my mind. I was also saying "what the hell did I do to myself" the first few days.

I'm 9 weeks out, and it does get better. I am like a normal person again. And it makes me realize that at the moment the situation sucked but it was worth every second of pain. :D

First of all to those who are mad that I said what I did, get over it. I read millions of posts about how recovery is so easy. It fooled me big time. That's what I meant. I want calling anyone a liar. But truth be told most do not post on here about their bad, and now I can see why. As for me, I write that in the hospital. I am doing pretty well now and I am very happy. And just because I was in pain does not mean my surgeon sucked. I won't be posting on here again because quite frankly I don't need to be scolded for my opinion or be made to feel like my experience is less valid. Those who are pre OP have a right to know both sides and that being in pain after is normal. I am not one of a few who experience pain. Just because there are multiple posts about it being easy, this is not a valid nor scientific representation.

Good post. I had it very easy but I want you to stay. Those contemplating this surgery need a balanced look. I've always supported Iggy for that reason and because I like her. Don't be put off by folks that get hot because you bust their illusionary bubble. They are trying to assure themselves it won't be that bad. People hate discouragement. But everyone needs reality whether they like it or not.

I am so sorry you are in such pain. The second day for me was not fun at all! I kept walking a little at a time even though I felt like a truck ran over me. The second day things starting getting better. Just keep telling yourself tomorrow will be better...tomorrow will be better. Sending positive thoughts your way!

I am pre op, and really appreciate hearing everyone's experiences. It really helps me to know what I could possibly expect post op.

I couldnt help but stop at this post.. Im nervously excited until i came here ... My sleeve date is tomorrow 1/31/2013 Woohoo!!! really excited until i came here.. i hope i dont experience what you went thru and sorry to hear about your traumatizing experience.