Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will i want 2 hotel nigts?

Basically, I have to go alone and I want to come home ASAP. I have never been away from my family for so long. I know it's just 6 days, which is a blip in life, but......

Will I need that extra day to recover? Did anyone who went to mx wish they could/would have flown out sooner?

Trying to figure flights, etc.

I had surgery on Monday and flew home on Thursday. I was ready and fine to fly. That is even after having a reaction to the anastesia. You will be fine and want to get home.

I had surgery on Monday and flew home on Thursday. I was ready and fine to fly. That is even after having a reaction to the anastesia. You will be fine and want to get home.

I'm hoping to have surgery the day I get there, spend 2 nights in the hospital, and hopefully only one in the hotel after, but the package allows for 2. I just wanna come home. My friends say they would take the extra day and relax and "get away" but honestly, I love my life and don't wanna get away. <3

I like the idea of resting before travel. To bounce back a little. But we are all different. The important thing is to make to safe and healthy choice. Maybe book your flight directly through an airline and pay the extra 20 to insure it or see about date flexibility. No matter what anyone says or opines on this forum you don't know how you will feel postop until you're postop.

Amanda Rae

If they do daily checks I'd stay the extra day. Mostly for the peace of mind that I'm okay, and the surgery is okay. While you may feel fine to travel, traveling is hard on your body (I fly almost weekly for work).

I'd stay just for that one extra day of being close to the surgeon, etc.

I had surgery one a Monday and flew home Thursday. I was fine just soar and my kids (7 and 2 at the time) like to be all over me so I would have take the extra day if I could have.

I assume you are talking about mexico? The hotel should be really cheap, so sure - take the extra day. if you don't want it/cant use it perhaps you could offer it to a fellow patient who would liek to stay an extra day.

I like the idea of resting before travel. To bounce back a little. But we are all different. The important thing is to make to safe and healthy choice. Maybe book your flight directly through an airline and pay the extra 20 to insure it or see about date flexibility. No matter what anyone says or opines on this forum you don't know how you will feel postop until you're postop.

Amanda Rae

Oh, see, I didn't know this was a thing. Thanks! I may pm you with more flight questions

Pookey, yes, that's why I put this question in the self-pay/ mx forum. :D. That's a good idea about giving it away if I end up feeling fantastic!

Regardless of how you will feel remember of what is at home for you. If I recall you have plenty of children who will want to run you ragged I am sure when you get home. I say take this time for yourself because I am sure, with your home situation, you will need it. :rolleyes:

Amytug, all in all its up to you, (which we all know) one day of additonal rest will be good for you, regardless to your home situation or family, its up to you. I know some people my feel they can rest better at home.. All will be well.

I would ask how long is your flight?

I just got back, didn't need an extra day at all. I was perfectly ok.

BUT, if you have little ones....they are going to want more of your time and attention than you be ready and able to give, so an extra day isn't going to hurt anything.

For poops and giggles, stay the extra day and see the sights. :)

I would ask how long is your flight?

I just got back' date=' didn't need an extra day at all. I was perfectly ok.

BUT, if you have little ones....they are going to want more of your time and attention than you be ready and able to give, so an extra day isn't going to hurt anything.

For poops and giggles, stay the extra day and see the sights. :)[/quote']

It's a 7 hour flight, total, incl. a 50 minute stop.

True. I think il just "trust the process." :D

Thanks everyone!!!

My husband isn't super pleased with my being gone so long and havin I take care of the 6 kids alone for 6 days. Lol we were trying to come

Up with a way to get me home sooner. That way we can have more time together before he goes back to work also. It's really not a big deal though. He'll survive.

I am planning to go on a Thursday and have surgery the same day. I will stay in the hospital Thursday and Friday night then hotel Saturday night and fly home Sunday afternoon. I want to get home ASAP. My kids are older so I don't think they will be a issue.

I felt well enough to fly on home, on the 3rd day after surgery. We connected in Atlanta, landed in one concourse and departed from another. it felt like I walked the whole airport. I was tired when I got home, but did not have any trouble or problems. I knew that my own bed was what I needed, and I was very happy to be home!