Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am just stating the facts not disrespecting anyone. We live in a society where we all have right to express our opinion sorry if you don't like it but I keep it real.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using VST

Then keep to the facts. Where do they state that it was last May? You are making assumptions. Try to read the story from a non-cynical point of view.

They said "In the month after her May surgery" but did not state which May, nor that it was last year, etc. Why on earth would people decide that was this May? Those would not be the "facts" it would actually be supposition, and an incorrect one at that.

All of us know someone who has had a serious problem after a medical procedure. I nearly died 12 years ago after a medical test went wrong. Heck, my daughter went into allergic shock from pineapple!

If this is a true story- which seems questionable due to a lot of inconsistencies-- how terrible.

That said, I found a surgeon who has done lots if these surgeries, is well known by my Gastroenterologist and pcp and is offering stellar pre surgery help and post surgery help. I don't think I would go an hour with a fever without calling the office.

And even with that, we have no guarantee of anything, even that we won't get hit by a bus crossing the street. This much I know, I will likely not live another 20 years at my weight. And, I am a chronic diet failure. My Gastro, allergist, dermatologist, neurologist and pcp are positive about my having this surgery. Looking forward to surgery Feb 28.

This surgery is preformed far too often and we see more and more stories like this because of it. I think about a third of the people who have the surgery should. Write your local media and representatives. This story should be told. I'd love to see people like me NOT be able to have this surgery. Not because I'm an idiot or didn't research, but because it's not a good choice for many. There are other options that should be exhausted first.

Iggy may I ask you a question.. When you say that people like you shouldn't have had the surgery, what do you mean? Is there something in your medical history that made it more dangerous for you?

No, actually quite the opposite Laura.

You certainly have the right to express your opinions. Within the confines of the forum's usage policy that you agreed to when you made your account. You should keep that in mind when you're "keeping it real".

I know the policy but I guess you must know it better than me so please enlighten me where does it say to ignore the facts and not to use common sense.Just "keeping it real"

Great reminder to always call your surgeon in the first few months if you have ANY medical problem. They are the experts, not us, not the local ER an not family practice doctors. Thanks for the info, may God heal your sister.

From the way this story is written, one would assume she was talking about "MAY" of this year because of the way it is worded. I just asked the question if it indeed was this past May. I also know when you assume something it can make and a** of you and me. Right? If this is true, it is a terrible tragedy and in no way would I want to disrespect her or her sister in any way. It is true, however, that people do get on this forum and make up stories to get this kind of reaction and arguments going which is happening right now with some commenting on this post. Some of you are getting very angry and upset with other people. Why don't we all just understand that if this is true, it is a tragedy and if it isn't, this is very upsetting as well that someone would get on here and make up a story like this. Hopefully, the sister that wrote this can shed some light on this for us. Did I miss any of her other posts? I know this type of thing can happen and pray for all of you that had complications. Just all of you know that I wasn't being mean in any way. This is the most horrible story of complications I've heard yet. God bless her is this is true. Just terrible. For me, I hope this isn't true.

I can guarantee its someone who didn't get approved or someone who is scared to go thru it and is making things up to discourage other people only one post since they joined wow.....

I believe her story about her sister it's amazing how you think someone would make something so sad up its not that serious ..sorry to hear about your sister

What exactly is the purpose of this story? And why did you post?

In my opinion she wanted ppl to be aware if the risk which we all kno about that risk but everyone story it different kno one has to respond to post like this the subject of the story says horror story explanatory

Yeah mods should probably lock this one up. Not seeing much constructive coming from it.

Sorry to hear about your sister' date=' but first off you're violating her privacy and HIPAA by releasing her medical history publicly on the net. I had the surgery new years eve. I knew leaks were a possibility as does anyone else who has this surgery. Hell you can die on the table giving birth to a child - do you think every woman should quit going through child birth? It's a known risk you take - sorry it happened to your sister.[/quote']

A HIPAA violation only occurs when someone's protected health information (PHI) is exposed. She never mentioned her sisters first & last name.