Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's tragic and a sad reality and one that is discussed prior to surgery so you can make the best choice for your personal situation.

Surgery is scary. All surgeries.

My heart goes out to all those who suffer complications from any surgery.

I just recently had two emergency surgeries and the complications that I was informed about scared me to death but so did dying from kidney failure. I did the surgeries.

Always make an informed decision but it never is 100% risk free.

And please have compassion, you never know when it will be you needing compassion and help from others.

since the original post time the OP has had nothing to say or respond with. I don't believe the OP is looking for any sort of sympathy, and she isn't getting any from me. I agree what is the point of your ONE post? This does lead one to believe in the validity of what is posted and could have been done in a malicious way. VSG is a life saving procedure........enough said.

You are an idiot to post this here. I don't have any problem wih people posting their stories (even ones with bad outcomes)' date=' but in no way shape or form is this kind of situation common. The opposite is true. So stop trying to scare people away from LIFE SAVING surgery with your story. It would have been fine if you had told the story and left it at that. But no, you have to punctuate it at the end with your moronic advice and how you would never have weight loss surgery. [XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX VIOLATION OF FORUM RULES] People die from having their wisdom teeth out- should they not have surgery to alleviate their pain?

I hate trolls.

-Kendra

I cant believe you are so inconsiderate of the fact that this girl has basically lost her sister!! She shared her experience and due to what she witnessed first hand I dont blame her for feeling this way. Your rudeness or shall I say IGNORANCE is not what this sight is about.If the tables were turned you wouldnt feel this way. Thank God for your health cause this could have easily happened to anyone of us who choose to have this WLS. I just cant believe people are so FULL OF EVIL like this. I pray you really re- read what you wrote and do a self check of your attitude towards this women. We all have said things we regret I hope you look deep within and reconsider what you posted. You owe this women an APOLOGY! I dont know if you will but if Sista-Sists see this post I APOLOGIZE to you for such cruel words. I pray that God will touch your sister's body and turn this whole thing around. I know God (Jesus Christ) is a healer and I pray for a miracle to take place in your sister life. Spreading LOVE is easier than HATE.

Edited by *susan*
Violation of forum rules

Since the "ONE post" thing keeps getting brought up as a negative thing for some reason.... I guess I'd have to ask what other posts you guys think the OP should have made before this, and why? It's not like they're interested in Protein shake reviews, or want to ask questions or post recipe ideas for crying out loud.

When I did a google search for "vertical sleeve gastrectomy", this forum is the second search result after a medical encyclopedia definition page. This forum is huge and states that it's the #1 place to talk about this surgery.

Now I may be jumping out on a limb here, but this seems to be the perfect place for someone to be who wants to get their sister's story heard. The OP came here, made an account, and posted their sister's story. That only takes 1 post to accomplish.

And if this was the reaction one would get to their first impassioned post, passion rightly earned by the way, would you want to post again? I totally understand if she's scared to do so. The reactions were kind of cruel.

While people say the story does not sound true, they show their lack of education in regards to this surgery. I had many of the same issues and many others here have as well. The complications due to lack of attention are just what I had, though not as bad. I lived the mini version so when I read this I totally can see where it makes sense. And believe me, while complications were discussed, no one told me the ugly reality of what that could be. NO ONE. When they say internal bleeding, they don't say you could lay there having seizures for hours without being able to communicate your pain. Nor do they say if you do have bleeding you now have to worry about hepatitis. No one mentioned holes in my lungs, or suction pipes attached to my chest. They gloss over "loss of your ability to eat ever again" pretty well in the paper work :) And then throw in a "but that's mostly a worry for the higher BMI folks" to put you at ease.

No one wants to hear the dirty side of this surgery. But it is important to hear it in detail, verses to see a few lines on a sheet they throw at you just before you go in. An intelligent adult will read this and process this and add it to their risk assessment without taking offense and passing out insults. Others will do something else. Who do you want to be?

since the original post time the OP has had nothing to say or respond with. I don't believe the OP is looking for any sort of sympathy' date=' and she isn't getting any from me. I agree what is the point of your ONE post? This does lead one to believe in the validity of what is posted and could have been done in a malicious way. VSG is a life saving procedure........enough said.[/quote']

For some it is a life saving procedure. FOr others it might not be. Your milage may vary from the next guy sadly. I'm glad it was great for you.

A HIPAA violation only occurs when someone's protected health information (PHI) is exposed. She never mentioned her sisters first & last name.

You also have to be in a position that is required to be silent. She could post her sisters name all week long and not violate HIPPA as she isn't a caregiver or a person in a position to protect confidential information. My doctor can't tell you what I weigh. My pilot can all day long if he wants to.

Also, this may not be your last surgery in life and what if one day you meet the surgery you need to save your life and suffer horrible complications. Where is the human empathy we should have for others?

My God just because we did great with our surgeries does not mean we won't have future medical procedures. And no they do not go into details for the details are excruciatingly painful life debilitating problems...come on people, we choose surgeries some choose us but we do not have to condemn those who regret a surgery because it stole their life as they knew it.

If you read this this person is clearly telling people not to get this life saving surgery she logged in once just to post this .I understand a lot of people getting upset regarding some of the comments fellow sleevers left especially the ones who like me doesn't believe this individual . If I have a sad story to tell I will tell my exp but the sole purpose of this story seems like discouraging people from getting this life saving surgery. Again my apologies if I offended anyone but it bothers me just thinking that someone might gets scared and might lose the opportunity to get this life changing surgery.... My 2 cents TC

Sent from my iPhone 5 using VST

IF someone is scared out of having this surgery because they read this and weighed their risks, than they probably shouldn't have the surgery.

Where's franke when ya need him. Maybe he can come back and share his opinion about scary outcomes :P

Oh boy, yet another genius who should not touch this surgery with a ten foot pole. I say this because apparently you cannot read.

She said her opinion,[VIOLATION OF FORUM RULES] and hate on her,calling her an idiot,you are the idiot,if you disagree alright,[VIOLATION OF FORUM RULES].

Edited by *susan*
Violation of forum rules

Joseph....I know you are young, so take this as a kind old lady's concern? Don't stoop to someone's level. :). Stand tall and be respected for taking the high road :). You'll be the better man for it.

Joseph....I know you are young, so take this as a kind old lady's concern? Don't stoop to someone's level. :). Stand tall and be respected for taking the high road :). You'll be the better man for it.

I'm young, and im pretty aware of what i'm saying,whatever.

I'm young' date=' and im pretty aware of what i'm saying,whatever.[/quote']

I get what you are saying, and even agree...but it would come out better if you toned it without the excessive language :) And lest you think I'm a puritan, I can toss down a curse with the best of them...but in an argument, you actually just get dismissed when you don't do it with class and intelligence...which I know you have in you. Save the F and B word for when you are talking about the people who annoy you with your friends LOL That's what I do :P

I get what you are saying, and even agree...but it would come out better if you toned it without the excessive language :) And lest you think I'm a puritan, I can toss down a curse with the best of them...but in an argument, you actually just get dismissed when you don't do it with class and intelligence...which I know you have in you. Save the F and B word for when you are talking about the people who annoy you with your friends LOL That's what I do :P

lol ye i know i shouldn't be saying this but this guy words are pretty harsh,made me angry...